Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

AshurForrester

Different skin textures being used instead of the ones I picked with SAM Light

Hi yall.

So I refitted Fuse00's Ragnar armor to fit with SAM's body morphing, and even got the HDT cloth physics to work after a day of errors. However, I've now just realized that the skin texture (the diffuse and base texture) used by the armor is different than the one I use while not wearing anything, notice the veins on the arms and the denser body hair. I thought it'd be an easy fix, so I went into the armor's .nif file to change the textures used by the body to the ones I use for SAM. That didn't work either so now I'm here asking for any help as to figure out what's going wrong.

I tried starting a new game and tested it on a new race but same issue. I then tested to see if it was a problem for steelfeather's SAM refit for the Barbarian Steel armor mod but same problem.
Here's a mediafire link to the armor files in question if anyone wants to take a peek.

Side notes:
The body hair on the clothed one is just a racemenu body paint overlay, and not a part of the texture. Without the body paint, it's clean shaven.
I disabled my ENB because I figured it would be clearer to see the changes.

Edited by AshurForrester
missing url

Author

I can't see the first couple of pictures, but I'm guessing you are using SAM Morphs for Racemenu to set your character's body textures?

And when you equip these armors, your character's body textures are reverting back to the base texture rather than applying the textures you chose?

Well, SAM Morphs for Racemenu requires that the body parts are named properly, otherwise the texture swapping from this mod cannot work.

For example, in your cuirass I can see the body is named SAMBody_outfit. It must be changed to just SAMBody.

image.png.929fe2d7229eb2672cb58f52525d659f.png

This is the same problem with the barbarian armor you have linked. The body is not named SAMBody so it will have the same issue. It will be common to find outfits like this since not everyone uses this mod and is aware of that limitation. But it's easy to fix it for yourself.

If you have your project saved in outfit studio, I recommend to open it and rename it from there, and then re-export the files. You cannot only change the name in Nifskope or the .tri file will not work properly anymore. And change back the texture paths to how they were originally

Edited by air

Author of the topic Posted
On 2/21/2024 at 3:36 AM, air said:

I can't see the first couple of pictures, but I'm guessing you are using SAM Morphs for Racemenu to set your character's body textures?

And when you equip these armors, your character's body textures are reverting back to the base texture rather than applying the textures you chose?

Well, SAM Morphs for Racemenu requires that the body parts are named properly, otherwise the texture swapping from this mod cannot work.

For example, in your cuirass I can see the body is named SAMBody_outfit. It must be changed to just SAMBody.

image.png.929fe2d7229eb2672cb58f52525d659f.png

This is the same problem with the barbarian armor you have linked. The body is not named SAMBody so it will have the same issue. It will be common to find outfits like this since not everyone uses this mod and is aware of that limitation. But it's easy to fix it for yourself.

If you have your project saved in outfit studio, I recommend to open it and rename it from there, and then re-export the files. You cannot only change the name in Nifskope or the .tri file will not work properly anymore. And change back the texture paths to how they were originally

Oh that's weird about the pictures not loading. They were working fine for me yesterday. Maybe it was because some male tiddy was out lol.

That seems to have worked though. Thanks! Been pulling my hair out over this for days.