Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

ShadowKraz42

More SOSAM help, sorry.

Running latest AE build, everything up to date, testing mods, got SOSAM to test it, fired up Skyrim, game would not load. Found out I need the updated SOS .dll, got that, enabled it to over write SOSAM. Still not loading. Disabled both as SOSAM was low priority at the time. I think I mis-understood the directions others gave me.

I think instead of enabling the updated .dll mod, I need to manually replace SOSAM's  SOS .dll with the updated one. That's still a couple of days off as other things are being tested now.
Can anyone confirm that this is what I should do or correct me? Please assume I have no idea what I'm doing (a very reasonable assumption, trust me) and need step by step instructions. Thank you.

The updated .dll should replace SOSAM's, but you said you enabled it so that it was overwriting SOSAM which should have the same effect.

Tried to give a little more in-depth instructions in the spoiler.

Spoiler

First, I'd make sure you got the correct .dll for your version of Skyrim. The red is what you want if you are on the most up to date version of SE/AE on Steam, blue if you are on GOG. Here's the link for those again.

374232474_Screenshot2023-10-24111620.thumb.jpg.714df6305105f991b0bb3a24af5cf06b.jpg

I... honestly don't understand Vortex very well. Mod Organizer is a lot simpler as far as overwrites go, but I took a look at Vortex to see if I could help. I made a dummy SOSAM file to install as an example, and my Vortex isn't setup entirely so ignore my warnings. You should have SOSAM and the updated .dll enabled, Vortex will warn you about a file conflict. If you click more, and then show in the window that pops up, you are taken to a "Manage Rules" window.

1841929368_Screenshot2023-10-24113648.thumb.jpg.5f35384ce1778ab8b2dc78416141d50c.jpg

Set the updated .dll to load after SOSAM and presumably it should be overwriting the old .dll.

1906653878_Screenshot2023-10-24113801.thumb.jpg.3d2574d1946105a485220e92c1b7f1a2.jpg

I've never used Vortex so I'm not sure if this is incorrect. I know it's not fun to switch mod managers, but Mod Organizer is a lot more straightforward (even if Vortex maybe looks simpler) and I really recommend it if you are going to have a decently sized load order. If it comes down to it though, yes you should be fine to manually replace SOSAM's .dll because that's effectively just a permanent way of doing what Vortex does with it's overwrites.

Author of the topic Posted
20 hours ago, Chompy said:

The updated .dll should replace SOSAM's, but you said you enabled it so that it was overwriting SOSAM which should have the same effect.

Tried to give a little more in-depth instructions in the spoiler.

Hide contents

First, I'd make sure you got the correct .dll for your version of Skyrim. The red is what you want if you are on the most up to date version of SE/AE on Steam, blue if you are on GOG. Here's the link for those again.

374232474_Screenshot2023-10-24111620.thumb.jpg.714df6305105f991b0bb3a24af5cf06b.jpg

I... honestly don't understand Vortex very well. Mod Organizer is a lot simpler as far as overwrites go, but I took a look at Vortex to see if I could help. I made a dummy SOSAM file to install as an example, and my Vortex isn't setup entirely so ignore my warnings. You should have SOSAM and the updated .dll enabled, Vortex will warn you about a file conflict. If you click more, and then show in the window that pops up, you are taken to a "Manage Rules" window.

1841929368_Screenshot2023-10-24113648.thumb.jpg.5f35384ce1778ab8b2dc78416141d50c.jpg

Set the updated .dll to load after SOSAM and presumably it should be overwriting the old .dll.

1906653878_Screenshot2023-10-24113801.thumb.jpg.3d2574d1946105a485220e92c1b7f1a2.jpg

I've never used Vortex so I'm not sure if this is incorrect. I know it's not fun to switch mod managers, but Mod Organizer is a lot more straightforward (even if Vortex maybe looks simpler) and I really recommend it if you are going to have a decently sized load order. If it comes down to it though, yes you should be fine to manually replace SOSAM's .dll because that's effectively just a permanent way of doing what Vortex does with it's overwrites.

Thank you! Yes, I made absolutely certain I had the correct SOS version. I *think* I have SOS set to load after SOSAM, fairly certain, but I'm going to double check. If nothing else, I'll back up the files, and replace SOSAM's .dll.

14 hours ago, ShadowKraz42 said:

Thank you! Yes, I made absolutely certain I had the correct SOS version. I *think* I have SOS set to load after SOSAM, fairly certain, but I'm going to double check. If nothing else, I'll back up the files, and replace SOSAM's .dll.

No problem, if it still doesn't work even with you manually replacing the .dll I'd bet something else is causing the issue. If it's not starting at all that's usually an outdated mod that uses a .dll, or a missing master (either not installed or just wrong load order), but I'm happy to help more if that ends up being the case.

Author of the topic Posted
12 hours ago, Chompy said:

No problem, if it still doesn't work even with you manually replacing the .dll I'd bet something else is causing the issue. If it's not starting at all that's usually an outdated mod that uses a .dll, or a missing master (either not installed or just wrong load order), but I'm happy to help more if that ends up being the case.

No, an error message was generated while Skyrim was trying to load (which failed) directly pointing at an old .dll. I checked an error log and it indicated it was the SOSAM .dll.
This, however, has been rendered moot. I double-checked the load order in Vortex and it turned out I had TWO SOS replacers trying to overwrite and both mucking things up. Somehow I missed the extraneous, and way wrong, one due to mods having similar names and me thinking they were both components of the same mod. Deleted the one, adjusted the load order, and... to quote the semi-immortal Todd Howard, "It just works".

BTW, it was your message of the 24th that made me go back and look it all over in greater detail yesterday. Thank you.

Now... all I have to do is  start installing and testing various sex mods. and get rid of the CCrap AE foisted on me against my will.
Hey, any suggestions? I'm looking for for a full spread of sentient sex. MM, FF, Mm, Ff, larger groups, romance, maybe some dubcon. I'm running Nemesis, not FNIS, but know how to use Nemesis for FNIS animations.
Again, thank you for your help.

Glad you got it working!

I don't use those mods very often, but you kind of have a choice of frameworks between SexLab and OStim. Technically I think you can use both, but I imagine that probably gets heavy on the game.

Spoiler

OStim has less addons but a fancy interface and I think smooth animation transitions? I don't really remember and only used it when it was still OSA. The addons are all on the Nexus so they're easy to find even though I can't really give suggestions.

SexLab has... a lot. Most of the animations are going to be under the Skyrim LE section on LoversLab (a good amount offer both LE and SE/AE versions, but you can run them through a converter if they are LE only), but most of the addons that will be compatible with AE will be under the SE section.

I think recommending animations is kinda hard, there's just a ton and of varying quality and content, but I know of a couple of mods that focus on romance. One is just straight up called Romance, and is essentially just a way to activate scenes through dialogue. And I know there's at least one other that does something similar but I can't think of it now.
I think Pleasure (speech checks for casual sex) and Solutions (kind of... sex integration? like as optional rewards for doing a quest or as an alternate way to solve a quest) are also all consensual as far as I'm aware.
I dunno if you'll find dubcon, because you kind of dip from very obviously consensual initiated-by-dialogue sex, to things that are very obviously not, like SexLab Defeat. Not really any in-between as far as I know, but there's also a lot of mods I never tried. You could maybe fiddle with the MCM settings of some of those noncon mods, I believe Defeat has a surrender option so if you could turn off the combat knockdowns I guess surrender would be kind of dubcon?

I never really ended up playing when I tried SexLab (not for that reason, but because of the reason that pretty much always stops me from playing, taking an enormous amount of screenshots) so sorry for the sparse suggestions, but I do know it's a pain in the ass to navigate LoversLab and there's a lot to look through, so good luck on your modding. 😝