Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyoshi

Communication with those who wanna refit revealing armors/clothes for SAM

I love revealing armors/clothes so much. But, unfortunately, deprivations of revealing armors/clothes have bother me ever since I changed from SOS to SAM. Of course, I understand that an issue of the deprivations is likely to be caused by a grown-up situation and, maybe, somebody says "this is none of your business."

But, I guess that it is free from the situation only for personal use that some revealing armors/clothes of meshes are refitted for SAM. And, I am to be happy if I can communicate here with somebody about the refitting. 

For just a trial, I refitted Aoki's Revealing Armors for SOS of Archmage Robes from SOS to SAM. But, the refitted robes has some clipping on his chests as the below pic 1.

But, there is no clipping as the below Pic. 2 as far as I see the nif on Outfit studio. 
And so, I have a question and some kind persons would tell me about its solution.

How can I make the clipping display on Outfit Studio correctly?

Now, I use BodySlide and Outfit Studio v.4.2.3.

And, I would take this opportunity to thank both Ferio's kind support and Kablooey's delivered tutorial.

Pic.1

Bodyslide19.jpg

Pic. 2

Bodyslide20.jpg

Author of the topic Posted
12 hours ago, Rawr18 said:

I'm not exactly a Skyrim modder, but I think it's clipping because of the HDT chest bones. 

Thanks!

But, nothing has been changed after I uninstalled SAM-HDT BBB. So, this clipping remains so far. I will adjust nif on Outfit studio with try and error until the clipping disappears.

7 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

It looks like you're using Samson/Samuel morphs in-game.  Did you also exported/converted the armor for Samson/Samuel .tri morphs?

I made tri file as following steps.

1. Copied/Pasted SAMBody Branch to SOS revealing armor of ArchmageRobesM_1.nif on NifSkope.
2. Created new project and converted ArchmageRobesM_1.nif (step 1) with SAMConvert.xml on Outfit studio .
3. Save the new project (step 2) as ArchmageRobesM.osp and created ArchmageRobesM.nif and ArchmageRobesM.osp into ShapeData folder at once.
4. Selected ArchmageRobesM in Outfit/Body on Bodyslide and  built 4 nif files for making tri file:
    Low Weight: Sam_0 0%, High Weight: Sam_1 0%  -> ArchmageRobesM_0.nif
    Low Weight: Sam_0 0%, High Weight: Sam_1 100%  -> ArchmageRobesM_1.nif
    Low Weight: Samson 100%, High Weight: Samuel 0%  -> ArchmageRobesM_Samson.nif
    Low Weight: Samson 0%, High Weight: Samuel 100%  -> ArchmageRobesM_Samuel.nif
5. Exported obj files from ArchmageRobesM_1.nif, ArchmageRobesM_Samson.nif, and ArchmageRobesM_Samuel.nif (step 4) on NifSkope.
6. Made bsd files from obj files (step 5) on Rebol Bodyslide tool.
7. Created tri file from bsd files (step 6) on BodyMorph.
8. Installed  ArchmageRobesM_0.nif and ArchmageRobesM_1.nif (step 4), and tri file (step 7)  to skyrim.

I guess that ArchmageRobesM.nif (step 3) is used in order to modify meshes. Because,  ArchmageRobesM.nif (step 3) is loaded when Outfit studio loads project of ArchmageRobesM.osp (step 3). Maybe, my clipping issue is caused by mismatching between the ArchmageRobesM.nif and the tri file (step 7). 

How can I make the ArchmageRobesM.nif match to the tri correct?

Author

Since it's an armor mod, did you also add the NiStringExtraData "BODYTRI" node to the nif files?  SAM scripts use it to find the location of the .tri file for the current mesh.  You can copy that node from the malebody_1.nif file.  Be sure to change the String Data to point to the correct location of the ArchmageRobesM.tri file.

bodytri.jpg

5 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Since it's an armor mod, did you also add the NiStringExtraData "BODYTRI" node to the nif files?  SAM scripts use it to find the location of the .tri file for the current mesh.  You can copy that node from the malebody_1.nif file.  Be sure to change the String Data to point to the correct location of the ArchmageRobesM.tri file.

Thanks!

But, I had correctly set location of ArchmageRobesM.tri file as "clothes\archmage\m\archmagerobesm.tri" to both ArchmageRobesM.nif (Pic.1) and  ArchmageRobesM_0.nif (Pic2) and of course  ArchmageRobesM_1 as same. If setting wrong location then morphing become mad as below Pic 3 and it looks like skinny body. And, I refitted other armor which was Tera Rubcite Hauberk (Castanic_f_h11). The same clipping issue was caused about the refitted armor (Pic 4). I guess that all armors/clothes I wanna refit will get the same issue. It is to grope blindly in the dark for feeble light that I tweak to resolve armor clipping.

Pic.1

Bodyslide21.jpg

Pic.2

Bodyslide22.jpg

Pic.3

Bodyslide24.jpg

Pic.4

Bodyslide23.jpg

On 8/3/2017 at 3:46 AM, Kyoshi said:

I made tri file as following steps.

1. Copied/Pasted SAMBody Branch to SOS revealing armor of ArchmageRobesM_1.nif on NifSkope.

Ah, there's your problem. Those conversion sets are meant to work FROM VANILLA MESHES TO SAM MESHES. Using that on meshes that are not vanilla (such as SOS or, even worse, SAM) deforms the mesh. You need either to edit manualli in outfit studio the mesh refits (click on the pencil by the morph and use the brush tools in OS) or convert those armors from SOS to Vanilla (I believe there should be somewhere a Vanilla-to-SOS conversion set, not sure if works backwards too). Either way, applying twice the morph to the body (aka applying the vanilla-toi-sam converson to a SAM body mesh) likely leads to what you have there.

You can copy/paste the SAMBody branch, but on the ALREADY EXPORTED mesh to be sure the body is 100% SAM's

18 hours ago, Felio said:

Ah, there's your problem. Those conversion sets are meant to work FROM VANILLA MESHES TO SAM MESHES. Using that on meshes that are not vanilla (such as SOS or, even worse, SAM) deforms the mesh. You need either to edit manualli in outfit studio the mesh refits (click on the pencil by the morph and use the brush tools in OS) or convert those armors from SOS to Vanilla (I believe there should be somewhere a Vanilla-to-SOS conversion set, not sure if works backwards too). Either way, applying twice the morph to the body (aka applying the vanilla-toi-sam converson to a SAM body mesh) likely leads to what you have there.

You can copy/paste the SAMBody branch, but on the ALREADY EXPORTED mesh to be sure the body is 100% SAM's

Thanks, Felio!

I refitted SAM Revealing armor with below two ways.

1) Copied/Pasted SAM Body NiTriShape branch to ArchmageRobes_1.nif and then set SAMConvert.xml and loaded the nif file on Outfit studio as I mentioned it here before and you kindly commented me about it. Maybe, the SAM Body meshes became mess through duplicated SAM meshes conversion.
2) Set SAMConvert.xml and loaded SOS Revealing of ArchmageRobes_1.nif. As a result this way exacerbated more clipping than the first way as below pic. And, furthermore, textures wasn't applied correctly. Maybe, there is somewhat in any way unnatural.

So, a way you proposed is a fascinate way to convert with Vanilla-to-SOS conversion set. But, unfortunately, I can't also find this conversion set as same as you. And, the other way you proposed is hard for me because I can't correctly confirm my refitting meshes with using pencil and brush tools on Outfit studio as its refitting isn't correctly displayed on window. I can confirm whether clipping is solved or not only after I install to skyrim its meshes and tri file I've finished. 

Maybe, both incorrect display and no-working sliders on Outfit studio is caused by my SAM meshes incompatibility. But, I don't know how to make it clear because my brain is all mixed up.

Then, it's so sad for me that the first way is better and more compassable way so far.

Bodyslide26.jpg

Can anyone make or have the old tutorial with images ? i have the tools of the old forum but i forgot to make a backup of the tutorial. When I follow the steps provided here, this happens in weight 100 and with 100 of samsom something similar happens with samuel. sorry for my bad english .

20170310193244_1.jpg

Samtools.rar

Author
6 hours ago, dokko22 said:

Can anyone make or have the old tutorial with images ? i have the tools of the old forum but i forgot to make a backup of the tutorial. When I follow the steps provided here, this happens in weight 100 and with 100 of samsom something similar happens with samuel. sorry for my bad english .

20170310193244_1.jpg

Samtools.rar

Read this comment and download the tutorial, goodluck! :)

Thank Felio and KouLeifoh for your kind supports!

I could convert SOS Revealing Archmage clothes from SOS to SAM and refit the meshes for SAM.

But, textures data of SAM wasn't correctly applied then it was set by smooth though I set it hairy so far.

Bodyslide31.jpg

15 hours ago, tiranno71 said:

try to replace the body meshes _0 and _1 with SAM original via nifskope.

Thanks! So, I have a question to make bsd files. Numbers of vertices of obj files between each obj file and each slider file have to match. But, vertices of obj file, where a NiTriShape branch of ArchmageRobes was copied from ArchmageRobesM_1.nif to malebody_1.nif which was already renamed to ArchmageRobesM_1.nif, was 3206. And on the other hand, vertices of slider file of ArchmageRobesM_Samson.nif, which was built by Outfit studio, was 6693.   The former (Pic.1) was to be lacks of head, hands, and feet compaired with the latter (Pic.2).

How can I delete head, hands, and feet in ArchmageRobesM_Samson? 

This shape of the ArchmageRobesM_Samson was automatically built by Outfit studio. So, after built it, I have to delete these data.

Pic.1

Bodyslide33.jpg

Pic.2

Bodyslide32.jpg

16 hours ago, tiranno71 said:

in outfit studio check "zap" related of unwnated body parts before to build the armor.

I found that it was impossible to match a number of vertices of SAMBody in malebody_1.nif,  with a number of ones of BaseShape in ArchmageRobesM_Samson.nif because litter of verticies remained as Pic even though I omitted needless of Zaps when slid nif files were built by Outfit studio, and then I deleted needless of NiNodes in order to match a kind of NiNodes of SAMBody in malebody_1.nif, with a kind of ones in BaseShape in ArchmageRobesM_Samson.nif.

How can I delete the litter on NifSkope?

Bodyslide34.jpg

I imported ArchmageRobesM_Samson.nif into Blender in order to delete litter. 

But, do you use this way such as "pain in the ass"?

So, do you know somewhat more efficient way? 

Bodyslide35.jpg

Author

As mentioned, open ArchmageRobesM_0.nif in Nifskope and delete the SAMBody NiTrishape node.  Then open malebody_0.nif, copy the SAMBody NiTrishape node branch, then paste it into ArchmageRobesM_0.nif.  Your root node must be named "SAM" in order to copy from malebody_0.nif to ArchmageRobesM_0.nif.  Make sure the body is named SAMBody after pasting and fix the string of the NiStringExtraData node to point to the correct .tri file.  Do the same for ArchmageRobesM_1.nif using malebody_1.nif.

You can ignore Samson/Samuel bodies by using malebody.tri as a base.  Simply open it in BodyMorph and import the .bsd for ArchmageRobesM_Samson and ArchmageRobesM_Samuel.

10 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

You can ignore Samson/Samuel bodies by using malebody.tri as a base.  Simply open it in BodyMorph and import the .bsd for ArchmageRobesM_Samson and ArchmageRobesM_Samuel.

What I deadlock is just not to make bsd files of ArchmageRobesM_Samson and ArchmageRobesM_Samuel because vertices numbers are subtly different between ArchmageRobesM_1.nif and, both ArchmageRobesM_Samson.nif and ArchmageRobesM_Samuel.nif. So, body shape of ArchmageRobesM_1.nif was composed of SAM malebody_1.nif. And the other, body shapes of ArchmageRobesM_Samson.nif and ArchmageRobesM_Samuel.nif were composed of BaseShape which was built by Outfit studio.

So, I can't understand your tip about "Simply open it in BodyMorph and import the .bsd for ArchmageRobesM_Samson and ArchmageRobesM_Samuel".

Please give me supplemental tips! 

Blender UI is hell for me. I've never experienced any 3D applications. If I can skip it, I become happy.:P

Author

When I referred to ArchmageRobesM, I meant the NiTriShape mesh of the robe itself.  The vertex count shouldn't change unless Outfit Studio is adding something extra when you export them.  Aside from copying bone weights, I don't really use Outfit Studio for refitting.

7 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

When I referred to ArchmageRobesM, I meant the NiTriShape mesh of the robe itself.  The vertex count shouldn't change unless Outfit Studio is adding something extra when you export them.  Aside from copying bone weights, I don't really use Outfit Studio for refitting.

Thanks, I saw the light as seeing your tip.

So, I could make tri file for ArchmageRobesM as below pic. But, unfortunately, CTD was occurred when my PC selected Archmage Robes from his inventories. 

Do you have somewhat advice to me? 

Bodyslide36.jpg

6 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

Try it without the .tri file to see if it still crashes.  This is to determine if your .nif's are an issue or if it's the .tri file itself.

Thanks!

I could make tri file according to your tip and it worked fine on skyrim without CTD.

But, clipping issue between outfit studio and SAM remains so far. I guess that this issue is caused by body meshes' differences between malebody which is used for SAM, and baseshape which is used for Outfit studio.

I integrate my learning here as below.

In case of using malebody, followings are its pros and cons:

(Pros) 

- There is no gap between body and genitals.

- SAM textures such as hairy is correctly supported.

(Cons)

- Changing on outfit studio can't be correctly reflected on game. Then, heavy work is expected in order to refit armors/clothes for SAM because repeating the fitting work is mandatory and its quality decays and it is difficult for me to complete it perfectly.

In case of using baseshape, followings are its pros and cons:

(Pros)

- Changing on outfit studio matches display on game.

(Cons)

- There is some gap between body and genitals.

- SAM textures such as hairy isn't supported.

Please comment here if somebody think about it.

the gap is due to outfitstudio after converting armor, replace the body with the original SAM assets by nifskope. i've had the same problem refitting armors gor SOS BB

2 hours ago, tiranno71 said:

the gap is due to outfitstudio after converting armor, replace the body with the original SAM assets by nifskope. i've had the same problem refitting armors gor SOS BB

It was indeed disappointing that I couldn't complete your way where unnecessary zaps were eliminated from baseshape on outfit studio.

Do you get success with the way in case of SOS armors converting to SAM?

And, about genitals gap, I could get seamless body meshes as below Pic.1 when I used SAM's malebody meshes not Outfit studio's baseshape meshes. Personally, I don't give a damn about the gap if display on outfit studio matchs display on game when I refit armors on outfit studio.

Pic. 2 shows displayed image on outfit studio after I finished refitting a SOS Revealing Archmage Robes for SAM with set SAM 100%. There was no clipping between Archmage Robes and BaseShape. but, Clipping appeared on game as the Pic.1 after I deleted the BaseShape and pasted malebody. Of course, there was no clipping in case of not replacing BaseShape.

Pic.1

Bodyslide37.jpg

Pic.2

Bodyslide38.jpg