Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Isamu_Kuno

SAM vs SAM Lite: Pros and Cons

Hey, I'm doing a total reinstall of my entire load order from scratch. I originally used SAM original, but I'm thinking about switching to SAM Lite. I know the LITE version doesn't include the body morph injections, but I've seen a few downloads that alleviate that restriction, so I'm just wondering what the advantages and disadvantages of SAM and SAM Light are, which one people prefer and why. Running LE BTW.

Author

You can still use SAM Morphs for Racemenu by Kou, it will give you sliders controls in racemenu for SAM Light + a bodygen template.

I think the biggest advantage is that its not script heavy as original SAM. But i think the only disadvantage is the lack of dynamic normal map change with morphs like original SAM. Everything else is covered with other mods installed like the one i said.

If you download the morphs, the difference would be minimal and in actuality, SAM light is nowadays more supported than SAM full. That said, your choice will actually depend on how you want your NPC to look. With SAM light, you have 0 control on NPC morphs meaning that in most cases, your NPC would look vanilla sized. There are some additional files you can download to alleviate this, but you need to START A NEW GAME each time you change the bodygen files for the changes to take effect on NPC you have already met.

Personally, with SAM full allowing you to have more control in-game, I think it's the better of the 2. But now I play SE and I manage to get used to SAM Light. Another pro to the latter is that it's less heavy script-wise. So if your game crashes a lot, the change might help. If you do plan to start using light, maybe also consider switching to SE, since SAM armors for LE are done rarely nowadays. The only reason I would play LE now, would be for SAM full.