Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IOwnALego111

SAM Full Core + Crash Fixes = Crashes my game

Ok this is very weird but I used to have a normal playthrough with my male avatar using SAM (about 2 years), and one day suddenly my game started having very constant crashes/save games would not open. So after a alot of investigation and testing, I confirmed that using SAM and crash fixes together would crash my game for some reason. I have no idea why! I already reinstalled Skyrim and tried using crash fixes with no other mods other than SKSE and USLEEP (I also cleaned master files).

This is my current load order that causes my game to crash, and whenever I remove SAM, my games goes back to normal. The interesting thing is that when removing crashfixes and leaving SAM, the same does not quite happen. My game does not crash inmediately after some minutes, but has some random crashes that just start to become more frequent the more I play.

I use BethINI for my ini settings. If there is any other info I can provide to help me locate the problem please let me know

You'll notice that the only possible heavy script mod is S3xlab (which I am sure most of you people use so it's impossible for it to be the problem). The rest, they are essential mods or hair packs. That's it.

Also, I don't know if it's useful but I just attached my papyrus log when I crashed using SAM

The only thing I could think of is that maybe it started to trouble me now because I installed the new SAM core version? If ANYONE HAS OLDER VERSION OF SAM, PLEASE SHARE IT SO I CAN TEST IT.

Load oder

0  0     Skyrim.esm
  1  1     Update.esm
  2  2     Dawnguard.esm
  3  3     HearthFires.esm
  4  4     Dragonborn.esm
  5  5     Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp
  6  6     hdtHighHeel.esm
  7  7     ApachiiHairMales.esm
  8  8     ApachiiHair.esm
  9  9     ApachiiHairFemales.esm
 10  a     OblivionHairPackAIO.esm
 11  b     High Poly Head.esm
 12  c     SexLab.esm
 13  d     HighResTexturePack01.esp
 14  e     HighResTexturePack02.esp
 15  f     HighResTexturePack03.esp
 16 10     Unofficial High Resolution Patch.esp
 17 11     FNIS.esp
 18 12     FNIS_PCEA2.esp
 19 13     SkyUI.esp
 20 14     UIExtensions.esp
 21 15     RaceMenu.esp
 22 16     RaceMenuPlugin.esp
 23 17     AddItemMenuLE.esp
 24 18     Brawl Bugs CE.esp
 25 19     XPMSE.esp
 26 1a     ethereal_elven_overhaul.esp
 27 1b     dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp
 28 1c     dD-Larger Splatter Size.esp
 29 1d     TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
 30 1e     SummonBCat.esp
 31 1f     KS Hairdo's.esp
 32 20     LindsMerEyes.esp
 33 21     ShadowSpellPackage.esp
 34 22     Dark Dungeons for Skyrim-Dawnguard-Dragonborn.esp
 35 23     KS Hairdos - HDT.esp
 36 24     LovelyHairstylesCE.esp
 37 25     Holiday Gift Hairdos.esp
 38 26     KXHairs.esp
 39 27     [BDO] Warrior Hair Pack.esp
 40 28     TAotB - New Facial Hairs.esp
 41 29     NIOVHH.esp
 42 2a     SAM - Dawnguard Patch.esp
 43 2b     SAM - Shape Atlas for Men.esp
 44 2c     Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

Thanks!

Papyrus.0.log

The only problem I can spot is XPMSE should always be loaded last, and if I'm not mistaken that is the Special Edition XPM not the legendary edition.

Author of the topic Posted
8 hours ago, Waldo said:

The only problem I can spot is XPMSE should always be loaded last, and if I'm not mistaken that is the Special Edition XPM not the legendary edition.

Ok so I decided to reinstall the XPMSE making sure it's the LE version, and I put it last. Still nothing.

I'm going to attatch another papyrus log that really shocks me by the things it's saying that I wanted to point out:

[04/09/2020 - 10:34:07AM] Error: File "Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

[04/09/2020 - 10:34:07AM] Error: File "Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

[04/09/2020 - 10:34:07AM] Error: File "Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

[04/09/2020 - 10:34:07AM] Error: File "Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

[04/09/2020 - 10:34:34AM] Error: File "ShezrieOldHroldanVer2.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

[04/09/2020 - 10:35:40AM] Error: File "Open Cities Skyrim.esp" does not exist or is not currently loaded.

Ok first of all, I uninstalled those patches a long time ago and now I use USLEEP, so what the hell???

What is ShezriesOldHroldan esp??? and Open Cities Skyrim.esp??? I HAVE NEVER USED OPEN CITIES in my game!!! Plus, this is a new save game, makes even less sense!!! I am so confused...

Papyrus.0.log

Ok update. After reading crash fixes settings, I enabled CustomMemoryBlock=1 and AlignHeapAllocate=1, and apparently this has fixed my problem. I tried several times and I did not crash in the first minutes like I did last time. I'll play for an hour to see if my game crashes, but as of now I think I fixed it.

Author

To provide some insight on the exact issue, the crash occurs whenever NiOverride (part of RaceMenu) executes a specific morph function while Crash Fix's memory allocator is used (UseOSAllocators=1).  This usually happens within minutes/seconds in a crowded area with SAM active as it tries to apply Samson/Samuel morphs to nearby male NPC's.  Using AlignHeapAllocate=1 is enough to fix the crashes.

21 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

To provide some insight on the exact issue, the crash occurs whenever NiOverride (part of RaceMenu) executes a specific morph function while Crash Fix's memory allocator is used (UseOSAllocators=1).  This usually happens within minutes/seconds in a crowded area with SAM active as it tries to apply Samson/Samuel morphs to nearby male NPC's.  Using AlignHeapAllocate=1 is enough to fix the crashes.

Thank you for replying! That was just what I needed to fix my game and now my game runs perfectly! After so long, and after so much pain, blaming SAM or my mods for the issue, and all I had to do was change a number.... frustrating but I'm happy I finally got it!