Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fubarooba

How important is FNIS/can it be subbed out? [LE and regular SAM(Not SAM light)]

I used the guides on the forum to get my game setup for SAM so I have FNIS installed, though I don't completely know what it does tbh. But in my efforts to mod Skyrim into a game I would actually enjoy playing (so as to have an excuse to play with the SAM bodies) I've run into a few mods I would like to install.

360 Movement

Combat Gameplay Overhaul

However, these mods, which were developed by the same person, are apparently NOT compatible with FNIS and if I'm understanding the page for CGO correctly they instead need a different behavior handler (Nemesis). 

So I guess what I'm trying to ask is "what does FNIS actually do for us SAM users and if I can replace it with Nemesis, how would I go about doing it without completely breaking my game?"

Author

It's not very important. It's only used for the poses that come with SAM (I think)

If you remove poses from the mod it should work fine without FNIS. I don't have any idea if that's as simple as it sounds or not but maybe it will point you to the right direction

Author of the topic Posted

Are any of the animations included with SAM triggered by anything other than console commands? Because as long as the animations are only triggered by ME choosing to trigger them, I think it will be fine to disable FNIS as long as I remember not to try initiating the poses. I don't have much use for the sexy poses anyway. I just want to play a fantasy RPG where I'm a beefy almost-naked dude surrounded by other beefy almost-naked dudes.

FNIS and Nemesis are animation extenders, and from what I have seen others say the two can be used together so if thats the case just use both and call it a day. Otherwise FNIS content can safely be removed. The worst case is your graph gets an animation event request that simply wont show if the behavior isnt present

FNIS and Nemesis cannot be used together, but Nemesis can be substituted for FNIS.  After you run the Nemesis engine it also installs a dummy FNIS.esp file so any mods which use FNIS as a master can still be run. The only problem is that Nemesis does not support creature animations yet, but you can manually add creature behaviors generated by FNIS to Nemesis (https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/issues/98),

Author of the topic Posted

I don't believe any of the mods I have installed modify the behaviors of any of the vanilla creatures, so if that's the case I should be able to replace FNIS with Nemesis without much trouble. (unless the animations that come with mods that insert fauna/enemies into the game would cause a conflict)