Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skeldal

Editing an custom armor for SAM (and with some adjusts)

Hi everyone. I was searching one armor/clothes that I like for my character. I found that (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94963) and so I wanted to remove shirt for personal use only, staying with the rest and show more of the torso. I never did something like that before or did any custom armor, but I think I did it well making the armor looks like what I want, but some problems started to show.

The armor was making the torso disappear, but I fixed it changing the slot of armor (that was in the body slot) and did the changes in Nifskope to match the slot as well, but now the schlong is appearing through the armor. Is there a slot or something like that what I can change to make the torso still appearing, but hiding the schlong?

And another question about make this works with SAM. Some parts of armor don't fit well in SAM body too, with parts of torso clipping with the armor in some places. There is anyway to fix that? I used Outfit Studio to remove the shirt, can I adjust it from there? And I'm using this armor only on my character (not in any NPCs/followers), he don't use any Samson/Samuel options (both are in 0, with my character having 70 weight). With that the process of refitting maybe can be easier?

i think its because the armor don't have a body like skimpy armor. so if you want to work with SAM body you have to refit the outfit and not change armor slot because schlong always gonna clipp with armor that was not revealing

For the schlong, if its attached to the body you could make another armature where it isnt attached and instead has coverage there using slot 52. I know mods handle that in different ways so it just depends which you use and how comfortable you are making edits to the mod if its not working out. I favor the script route where OnEquip() the situation is evaluated and appropriate steps taken

For clipping there are pretty much two options AFAIK. Refit it in OS and attach tris, or what I like to do since custom race usually doesnt matter I fit their skeleton around the armor in Nifskope. That outfit I thought was very sexy and moreso with a bare chest, so I did that and made a few skel adjustments. Its part of a set appearance for ginger follower of mine, so this works out well, but for flexible usage youd need to go the legit refit route

Author of the topic Posted
On 1/9/2020 at 8:57 AM, Cyan said:

i think its because the armor don't have a body like skimpy armor. so if you want to work with SAM body you have to refit the outfit and not change armor slot because schlong always gonna clipp with armor that was not revealing

On 1/9/2020 at 1:19 PM, NeutronSphere said:

For the schlong, if its attached to the body you could make another armature where it isnt attached and instead has coverage there using slot 52. I know mods handle that in different ways so it just depends which you use and how comfortable you are making edits to the mod if its not working out. I favor the script route where OnEquip() the situation is evaluated and appropriate steps taken

For clipping there are pretty much two options AFAIK. Refit it in OS and attach tris, or what I like to do since custom race usually doesnt matter I fit their skeleton around the armor in Nifskope. That outfit I thought was very sexy and moreso with a bare chest, so I did that and made a few skel adjustments. Its part of a set appearance for ginger follower of mine, so this works out well, but for flexible usage youd need to go the legit refit route

Thank you. Your answers was very useful, and I think I done it :D

I used the tutorial from https://vectorplexus.com/topic/909-guide-refitting-for-sam-shape-atlas-for-men/ too. After I remove everything I don't want in this armor, I started refitting that to the SAM Body. It give me some issues with the weight paint like moving arms causing move the edge of armor in the armpit area, but I painted that a little, make some adjusts and I'm happy with the result (and it's my first time editing an armor anyway). I used CK + Nifskope to change all the part's slots to 52 and it ended with the problem of schlong appearing through the pants. I want to change a little of the weight paint yet, but for now I think it's good :) Thanks again. A pic from the final armor:

enb 2020_01_13 04_57_31_15.png