Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyoshi

Zap.bsd files for Highpoly

When I refit armors for SAM Highpoly meshes, Rarely, so rarely I get annoyed by tweaking  armors of arms or other parts clipping with malebody then I wanna delete their body parts in order to make efficient for refitting work. In case of normal meshes I can use SAM Conversion Sets and its related Zap.bsd files then I can realized it but in case of highpoly meshes I can't find such files so far. What should I do in this case? 

Zap.jpg

Author

Why not just creating your own zap sliders?

Mask the parts you dont want to hide (or want to hide then use invert mask later). After you are done go to Slider> New Zap Slider (zap sliders will always hide  UNMASKED VERTICES). 

With the new zap created, youll see the body move forward, it means those parts will be hidden in bodyslide (you wont see the zap effect in OS). Then you can enter in the zap slider propieties to make it hidden and zapped (automatically hidden and checked in bodyslide).

I do believe that ready zap sliders is cool for beginners to learn BS and O, but custom outfits requires custom attention, so id rather create specific zap sliders for specific situations, so im not limited to anything.

Author of the topic Posted
17 hours ago, Ulfberth said:

Why not just creating your own zap sliders?

Mask the parts you dont want to hide (or want to hide then use invert mask later). After you are done go to Slider> New Zap Slider (zap sliders will always hide  UNMASKED VERTICES). 

With the new zap created, youll see the body move forward, it means those parts will be hidden in bodyslide (you wont see the zap effect in OS). Then you can enter in the zap slider propieties to make it hidden and zapped (automatically hidden and checked in bodyslide).

I do believe that ready zap sliders is cool for beginners to learn BS and O, but custom outfits requires custom attention, so id rather create specific zap sliders for specific situations, so im not limited to anything.

What I will do is to make zap.bsd files and using zap to remove a portion of body shape is just a temporary solution for me. Zap sliders depends on a osp file so I wanna create zap.bsd file which is independent from osp file so it's lazy work to make zap file with every refitting work. For example if I wanna create an removed upper malebody of armor then I export object files with weighted, ex. Samson 100 and Samuel 100, and then make a bsd file from the object files. But well I don't know it. Which weighted file can I use for it? 

Author

Sliders can be imported to the shapes of the same vertex count. Since you are zapping the same body, after creating your zap slider, you can enter edit mode for the created zap slider (so the slider goes purple) > then go to slider tab in your upper panel > select export slider data and select export bsd (export obj works as sliderdata as well).

As for weighti believe it doesnt matter, cus as i said, if the shape has the same vertex count, the slider will work for any of them upon importing.

Author of the topic Posted
19 hours ago, Ulfberth said:

Sliders can be imported to the shapes of the same vertex count. Since you are zapping the same body, after creating your zap slider, you can enter edit mode for the created zap slider (so the slider goes purple) > then go to slider tab in your upper panel > select export slider data and select export bsd (export obj works as sliderdata as well).

As for weighti believe it doesnt matter, cus as i said, if the shape has the same vertex count, the slider will work for any of them upon importing.

Thanks? I can do it.