Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fel558

Custom Skin on Follower - Issue with SAM

Is there anyway to stop SAM applying it's skins to a specific NPC?

Have a follower - Demen, half giant - that is set as the nord race but with a custom texture set. Trouble is SAM assigns it's own skin.
Normally the issue is so many followers they are custom races when they don't need to be and you have then get SAM to recognise them.
This time, when it really should be a custom race it's not.

Also, you guys make some amazing looking characters, can't you start making some followers?
The choice on the Nexus is poor and the most original ones always have that budgie smuggler texture and/or an important part of their mesh removed, like the mod creator suddenly got very prudish about nudity. Xavier the Necromancer, Azog the defiler, Azel the Vampire, Demen the half giant... Let them be nude, ffs!
That's just my little rant about the Nexus and male followers in general. I know the answer is really, "Then do it yourself."

Author

I think like you said you'd need to give the follower its own custom race. Then SAM scripts should be unable to control it. Of course then the follower will be undetectable by SAM's MCM and you won't be able to adjust anything. Maybe SAM Morphs for RaceMenu would work for that case but I'm not sure. And all that might also lead to issues with some armors and stuff. This is kind of why I don't even try to make any standalone follower lol, it's easy if you're using SAM Light or another basic body replacer but with regular SAM it's kind of a nightmare

Author of the topic Posted
3 hours ago, air said:

I think like you said you'd need to give the follower its own custom race. Then SAM scripts should be unable to control it. Of course then the follower will be undetectable by SAM's MCM and you won't be able to adjust anything. Maybe SAM Morphs for RaceMenu would work for that case but I'm not sure. And all that might also lead to issues with some armors and stuff. This is kind of why I don't even try to make any standalone follower lol, it's easy if you're using SAM Light or another basic body replacer but with regular SAM it's kind of a nightmare

I know a few people use SAM light and not the full version and I've seen the characters/NPC' they have producded, so perhaps I need to make that switch.