Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrfuckface

SAM HD Texture problem with khajiit feet

I have an issue with khajiit feet textures, there's a visible seam and the texture looks stretched over. I've spent a few hours today trying to troubleshoot this and went as far as disabling all mods, and installing just SAM-Core and it's requirements and the "SAM Textures HD". The problem still persists. Any idea what's causing this?

20191019203511_1.jpg

20191019203521_1.jpg

20191019203555_1.jpg

Author

Unfortunately, that's how it's supposed to look.  The khajiit textures seemed to have been created for the vanilla body (at least the feet mesh).  There are visible seams if you know where to look.  Khajiit characters in the game are covered up most of the time, but if you're a fan of Khajiits, then it's a bit of a downer.

kha1.thumb.jpg.231e7297f50436c37c0dc28f525660c5.jpg

I did a quick paint job over the diffuse texture to redo the fur and get rid of the texture seams.  The fur doesn't look quite right since I don't have the right brush for it.  Whether or not this will amount to anything is still undecided.  The normal maps need to be redone since the ones included with SAM are based on the vanilla body meshes.

kha2.thumb.jpg.993dfaf042cb5a2e2b1a136491ff361c.jpg

EDIT:

For anyone interested, I found a good brush and redid the entire thing.  The colors need to be adjusted to play nicely with Skyrim's skin palette.

kha3.thumb.jpg.cdf7d0f39a914937e28eca0017c5649f.jpg

Author of the topic Posted

Interesting.

Though I found that this texture

has proper feet textures, but I prefer the ones from SAM HD for the rest of the body. I wonder how hard it would be to combine the two in a way that it would work properly.

Do you have any suggestions? If not could you share what you did there above.

Thanks!

edit

Never mind, managed to fix the textures myself after tinkering a bit in photoshop and all is well.

Hello everyone, it's been a while since i've launched Skyrim and i wanted to launch a new game soon. But i'm tired of LE instability and want to switch to SE. Problem is I didn't continue to play with SE 'cause i play Khajiits a lot and i saw that feet issue. I tried using gimp back in the days to fix this by myself but my attempts led me to nothing, i'm pretty about editing pictures. Would you mind telling how you did it or share some of your work ? Thanks a lot in advance.