Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hello everyone!

I found a mod that has been in the making a long time. It's the remade version of the Lykaios race using openly-shared assets by KrittaKitty, released after she dropped the work on the mod. This work was completed by BadDog of Lover's Lab. Here is the link to original file on Lover's Lab: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/8487-lykaios-race-new-version/

After installing the mod with SAM Light enabled, the body works fine as long as you use an armour of any sort. If you're using SAM Morphs for RaceMenu though, expect seams near hands and feet area. It's a well known issue for custom races and SAM, but I have no knowledge on how to fix this problem besides opening the mod's archive in CK and checking the individual bodypart meshes. My past experiences with mesh editing have been disastrous, so I might classify this post as a request. The editing permission is granted as long as we credit the original authors of the mod.

Thanks to anyone willing to read this. Have a good day.

Author of the topic Posted

Anything? Anyone? I'm also up for any easier type of work, maybe iI could even try manual mesh editing once... I really have no idea how to solve this problem with some tips...

The simplest workaround would be to locate the body meshes and textures that the mod uses and replace them with SAM light equivalents.  One of the stripe free male Khajiit textures should work. You'll lose the custom sheathed slong though. I've been looking for someone to convert BadDog's Hoodies for a while but it doesn't seem like anyone's up for it. 

I understand those use a swap routine where it just equips another at a certain time. So without scripting you could  just pop into XEdit and make those playable for manual swapping via favorite keys. Suppose I should check but pretty sure thats how those work

Author of the topic Posted

Oh, I've managed to solve this problem with the replacement method mentioned by @Oubliette. Shame that the feet and privates textures are now messed up, but I'll think something up. I was using the wrong files, as I'm using SAM's High Poly version, I needed the high-poly meshes, but I'd been using the default ones the whole time. ? Now, I'm glad the hands are fixed up at least.

Glad it worked out for you. It's a quick and dirty method but I find the results generally playable. Eventually maybe someone will convert it but I think it's better to be playing than waiting ;)