Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vector

YouTube Channel

YouTube Channel  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should I keep my YouTube videos unlisted?

• Yes! (won't show up on my channel, searches or suggestions)
    • No! (can show up anywhere)

Admin

I mostly just started a YouTube channel, for the simple purpose of uploading WIP videos, showing the models/stuff I'm working on, and to showcase my mods in-game. This will ofc be limited to SFW content, because I don't want to infringe any YouTube TOS.

However, my videos and content, can become fairly easily target to homophobic comments, which I want to avoid at all costs, specially in YouTube, since it has the most erosive social media community. So, I've been keeping pretty much a low-profile, making all videos as unlisted, so only if someone finds a direct link, will they be able to see the video. Obviously, less exposure also means less subscribers, and while my goal is not really to have shitloads of subscribers or even monetize my channel (I mean I can do it, but I'm like... whatever...), I do need at least 100 subscribers to be able to "brand" the channel, which will give me access to more features, in particular, being able to add content managers to the channel.

This would be important, specially if the videos are unlisted, because it would be the only way for ppl to whom I'm wanting to trust moderation and "promotion" for my site, to be able to access the links without me having the need to link them myself.

So, besides voting on the poll, I'm also asking ppl to go and subscribe to my channel, so I can get those 100 suscribers needed to convert the channel into a "brand" one.

Thanks in advance!

Vector

I would suggest if your main focus is to remain under the radar of the proverbial homophobic shotgun is to keep the links here, maybe some of the more clean or cleaned up versons of models for public view, but keep the 18+ for followers only. 

Also, The sour note of publicity is you will always attract those you do not want to. There are ways to slow this down considerably, but it is inevitable. I would say just keep doing what you love, enjoy yourself and let word spread on its own. The more public you go with your work the more notoriety from trolls you'll pick up.

Admin
Author of the topic Posted
1 minute ago, Jigsawjohn said:

I would suggest if your main focus is to remain under the radar of the proverbial homophobic shotgun is to keep the links here, maybe some of the more clean or cleaned up versons of models for public view, but keep the 18+ for followers only. 

Also, The sour note of publicity is you will always attract those you do not want to. There are ways to slow this down considerably, but it is inevitable. I would say just keep doing what you love, enjoy yourself and let word spread on its own. The more public you go with your work the more notoriety from trolls you'll pick up.

Yep, I really want to stay away from all that, but, its a double edged blade... I need 100 subscribers so I can keep posting stuff unlisted, so others I'm trusting to help me manage the content are able to access the links on their own. But if I keep them unlisted, you won't be able to see the videos, so, I won't get the 100 subs so easily xD

Its a conundrum... Would you subscribe to a channel with no visible content? =)

I just did :P

With how Youtube is cranking up it's TOS its probably a good idea if you kept the videos unlisted and posted links here on the forums and on Patreon and such, that's how I see it, at least.

Admin
Author of the topic Posted
8 hours ago, Effigy said:

I just did :P

With how Youtube is cranking up it's TOS its probably a good idea if you kept the videos unlisted and posted links here on the forums and on Patreon and such, that's how I see it, at least.

Thank you!

The YouTube "cranking" up is not a problem to me... In fact, while some of it is a bit silly, I actually praise that they are enforcing stricter policies. And its not like they are "censoring" or anything, they are simply demonetizing certain videos that are not "advertiser friendly". but the whole lot of kids and man babies on YouTube is whinning about it for really no good reason... YouTube is a private company and they can do whatever they want with their service.

The only thing it really scares me on YouTube, is the community, I'm perfectly fine with any rules they want to enforce.

And now... a little rant...

Most ppl complain about Freedom of Speech, and that private companies are censoring them... That has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech, nor censorship... I live in a country (Portugal) that had the last and longest dictatorship regime in western Europe, that was overthrown in 1974 by a peaceful revolution (The Carnation Revolution) supported by the military forces. I was lucky to have born shortly after this, but my mother, risked being arrested by the national politic police (PIDE) for the simple reason that she had in her possession, a book, which was an antology of erotic and satyric poetry done by acclaimed portuguese authors, ranging from medieval times to modern days. That is what it means censorship and having your freedom of speech rights undermined. So whenever I see ppl whinning about "Freeze Peaches" or something of the sort, its really annoying, because ppl that do so, have really no idea what is a dictatorship or the government censoring ideas and critical thinking.

Sorry about the rant, it was not directed to you Effigy, or anyone in specific for that matter, but I've seen a few rant videos on the #YouTubeIsOverParty thing (which was the backlash result of the TOS you are talking about), and its just utterly pathetic! I'm all in favour of Freedom of Speech, but nowadays, ppl seem to think that Freedom of Speech, is the unwarranted right to say whatever they want, whenever they want, wherever they want and to whoever they want, and its not. Freedom of Speech exists to give the rights to express your ideas and thoughts, without the fear of retaliation from your government. People whinning about their freedom of speech in social media, is not only dumb, but is a 1rst world problem. Its making a joke of countries that actually have their freedom rights trampled and ran over, and delegating to a second plan the important role that social media has played in recent years, to publicly denounce real issues.

Also, I would like to thank to everyone that is subscribing to my channel <3