Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrBen

SAM for a Game based on Skyrim

Hello Vector,

a few day ago a Game came out called Enderal. it`s based in Skyrim, so basically a they fully converted Skyrim to create a new Game.

Of course I wanted to use some mods and they all work so far, but with SAM that isn´t the case. The mod it self works fine, but I can´t change the Body or anything else in the MCM. When I open the MCM of SAM theres that Oops messenge that I have to leave the first Keep ( so the first skyrim main mission), but I`m not able to do that because that mission doesnt exist in this skyrim conversion.

So I wanted to ask if theres a possibility to deactivate that part of the mod somehow, so I can use the SAM options in the MCM

Admin

You can via console use a command to get the initial quest completed, try these console commands:

• completequest MQ101
  • setstage MQ101 900

Author of the topic Posted

thanks for the reply

sadly that doesn`t work, the game says after entering in the console setstage MQ101 900 -> stage not found

thats the thing, the "mod" has its own mainquest, so I dont even know if I could trick the game somehow that its at a point after you get into the keep

4 hours ago, MrBen said:

thanks for the reply

sadly that doesn`t work, the game says after entering in the console setstage MQ101 900 -> stage not found

thats the thing, the "mod" has its own mainquest, so I dont even know if I could trick the game somehow that its at a point after you get into the keep

Enderal is a mod which does not depend on Skyrim.esm. it's normal that it does not work.

It seems to me (if I remember correctly) that for reasons of stability for SAM and Skyrim, the mod must detect the tutorial quest of Skyrim is accomplished, but in the case of Enderal, it's not possible. (Unless you change the condition in a script)

Admin

SAM is locked during that, because using commands that make changes on the fly to NetImmerse (QueueNiNodeUpdate() for example) will break physics if used on a NPC that is either mounted or riding/seat on a cart, causing carts to go waywire, horses flying, etc... No one knows really why this happens, all we know is that it does.... Thats why its disabled, because there isnt a simple and good way to detect that, and If ppl were starting a game with SAM enabled from the start, that would make it almost impossible to start the game, specially because the cart would get many times stuck on the gates.

Even then, I'm not even sure it would work, because SAM has dependencies on Skyrim.esm... So enabling SAM without having Skyrim.esm loaded, would cause instant crash when loading the game, so no, that Mod doesn't completely eliminate the need for Skyrim.esm, nor should it replace it.

Also, I haven't modded Skyrim in over a year, so it may be, that the commands I told you are not accurate. All I can say (without looking at SAM scripts) is that I made it so, that the mod/MCM will be enabled as soon as the Player enters Helgen Keep. Maybe someone who has more recent experience, can help you with knowing the right command to use.

Author of the topic Posted
16 hours ago, Etan said:

Enderal is a mod which does not depend on Skyrim.esm. it's normal that it does not work.

It seems to me (if I remember correctly) that for reasons of stability for SAM and Skyrim, the mod must detect the tutorial quest of Skyrim is accomplished, but in the case of Enderal, it's not possible. (Unless you change the condition in a script)

well the skyrim.esm is used for enderal, just modified, also I can play the game with SAM, just can`t edit the bodytype, etc. in the MCM. So every man has the same "vanilla SAM body"

Admin

if thats the case, then you should be able to mark the Main Quest as completed. I'm not sure if the commands I gave you are correct. Usually, if I recall correctly, you need to get first, the hex value of the "thing" you want to change. Like... if you open the CK, each form will have a unique hex value, as XXYYYYYY, being XX = load order (which for Skryim.esm will obviously be 00, since its the first ESM/ESP being loaded) an YY the hex value of that form on the CK. I could check YYYYYY for you on the CK, but I don't want to reboot on windows just to do so =P

All you need is to know that hex and then use that hex in the previous commands I gave you, like:

• setstage 00123456 900

I'm also sure you can on the console search for the forms/hex values, by searching for MQ101, but I really don't recall how to do it

I also googled, a bit, and came up with this thread:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/722355-starting-mq102-with-console/

Maybe what you need is the StartQuest?

The issue he is having is that Enderal is basically a new game made on the Skyrim engine. Enderal is inserting and overriding all those Skyrim quest console commands for its own quest console commands. So basically what is happening when Enderal launches it only loads the dependencies it needs from the Skyrim.esm but is loading its own Enderal.esm in its place giving you a completely new game. So basically until someone is able to get MCM fully functional in Enderal, or until Vector actually checks it out so he has an idea of what its doing, SAM is not going to work like it does in Skyrim. A patch is going to have to be made by someone. The only other option is to use another body mod, not SOS either,  or the default meshes from Skyrim. The same issues exist for Skywind and Skyblivion as well, both replace Skyrim's esm files for their own. So expect the same issues when they eventually come out.