Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CancerousUnicorn

NPC does not change body shape when changing MCM settings

So i have been having a problem with SAM to where whenever i try to change the settings for NPC'S in the MCM menu, there bodies don't look any different from which they first start (i.e How much hair is on his chest, or how muscular he appears) Thankfully these changes will take effect on my character. But whenever i go into the "Race" settings menu or the "Scaling" Menu and change the settings there. No NPC has a different body shape no matter how much i raise or lower the value of samson or samuel, or change how much hair is on their chest. Help would be appreciated!

Is it working when you select specific NPC's in the actor menu and change them?

If so then this sounds normal. In my experience, changing the race settings won't apply to NPC's you've already loaded while different settings were active... which is why changing the race settings is the first thing I do after leaving Helgen. I think the only way to change this mid-playthrough would be to save your game somewhere remote, disable SAM, save again, and re-enable it. Then change the settings to what you want before moving into any area with  NPC's for the first time.

Scaling on the other hand should have immediate effect, but NPC scaling needs to be enabled in the MCM menu because it is performance heavy.

Author of the topic Posted

Thanks a lot! Yes it works when i change specific NPC's in the actor menu, i do believe that the mod is working fine for me. I'm just having trouble understanding how the MCM menu works and how the settings actually apply to NPC's. I was simply wondering what was the best way to try and have all of the NPC's have different bodies, because in my game every single Male NPC (Except for mine) has the same sort of setup, same amount of hair, same amount of muscular appeal. I'll try this and see if it works. :)

44 minutes ago, CancerousUnicorn said:

Thanks a lot! Yes it works when i change specific NPC's in the actor menu, i do believe that the mod is working fine for me. I'm just having trouble understanding how the MCM menu works and how the settings actually apply to NPC's. I was simply wondering what was the best way to try and have all of the NPC's have different bodies, because in my game every single Male NPC (Except for mine) has the same sort of setup, same amount of hair, same amount of muscular appeal. I'll try this and see if it works. :)

Under General Settings in the MCM, there is a variation slider. Increasing it will increase variation from what you've set in the Races part of the menu. This would also need to be set before loading into an area with NPC's for the first time to see an effect

Also, make sure that texture lock isn't checked on the races menu, it'll make everyone have the same type of body hair. These changes should make it so that everyone is different, as you desire :)

Author of the topic Posted

YASS! Thank you! It worked properly after i had enabled the "Automatic Race settings" option in the general settings isle and changed the variation slider like you said. Wow, i was kinda sad that i would have to go back to SOS. Lol