Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luig

Revealing Mageapprentice Robes ISSUE - help

Guys, I need help with something.

I downloaded the robes from this mod (which were very hard to find) to use on Enderal https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/4023/?tab=description 

They are revealing versions of the apprentice robes, but unfortunately, they are replacers, and it kind of messed up the Holy Order's novice Robes (I didn't want to replace the existing robes, just adding these as variations.

Does anyone here know if there are non-replacer versions of this mod? Or if anyone know how to turn them into non-replacer itens? 

I'm no modder, if I had any knowledge on modding, I would do this myself, but I might be the most newbie person around.

826275521_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2022_05.04-16_35_23_52.thumb.png.ec348f462638e819dc4d9b9332d45a64.png1777718339_ElderScrollsVSkyrimScreenshot2022_05.04-16_35_10_94.thumb.png.b0c3e1fc8600678e2dbcae5db70e02b0.png

Author of the topic Posted
On 5/7/2022 at 5:59 AM, throwaguy said:

You basically have to create a new armor and armor addon for these robes in sseedit/ck and remove any instance of it replacing existing robes in either program.

I have no idea of how to do that, but I might try learning how to, eventually...Thanks for explaining ^^

I just found out when checking out another replacer for SSE that, depending whether or not your mod uses an .esp/.esl/.esm or not for replacing the meshes, you might have to make a whole new .esp to stop the replacing and separate the skimpy robe from the robe you want to keep.

Just keep that in mind when you're figuring it all out cause I didn't even know that.

16 minutes ago, throwaguy said:

I just found out when checking out another replacer for SSE that, depending whether or not your mod uses an .esp/.esl/.esm or not for replacing the meshes, you might have to make a whole new .esp to stop the replacing and separate the skimpy robe from the robe you want to keep.

Just keep that in mind when you're figuring it all out cause I didn't even know that.

That's a very useful information, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

it's not that complicated to create a new armor in the Creation Kit, the hard part is making the armor. You'll have to create a different folder for the mesh that you're using and also rename the mesh and the textures the mesh uses, you'll do this to make it so the mod stops replacing it.

So the meshes are .nif files, you'll need NifSkope to do the next part.

You'll open the .nif and search for the BSTriShape > BSLightingShadeProperty > BSShaderTextureSet, there you'll be able to see the path for the textures of the .nif, now you'll have to point to the folder of the textures you created/renamed. Now all you have to do is modify the .esp in the Creation Kit, creating a new Armor Addon and a new Armor, the Armor will call the Armor addon which will contain the mesh that you renamed and the Armor will say what parts of the body the Armor Addon will replace, for this part I recommend watching a video, it'll make it a much more simple task.

17 hours ago, Nathy said:

it's not that complicated to create a new armor in the Creation Kit, the hard part is making the armor. You'll have to create a different folder for the mesh that you're using and also rename the mesh and the textures the mesh uses, you'll do this to make it so the mod stops replacing it.

So the meshes are .nif files, you'll need NifSkope to do the next part.

You'll open the .nif and search for the BSTriShape > BSLightingShadeProperty > BSShaderTextureSet, there you'll be able to see the path for the textures of the .nif, now you'll have to point to the folder of the textures you created/renamed. Now all you have to do is modify the .esp in the Creation Kit, creating a new Armor Addon and a new Armor, the Armor will call the Armor addon which will contain the mesh that you renamed and the Armor will say what parts of the body the Armor Addon will replace, for this part I recommend watching a video, it'll make it a much more simple task.

I will try that, these are very new to me, but at least I'll learn something. Thank you.