Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boxgelly

Help please, installing SAM light with MO2.

Hello,

Total mod newbie here. I'm using MO2 as my mod organiser for Skyrim SE, but cannot for the life of me work out how to install SAM light.

Do I take the folders from the download and place them in the Skyrim data folder?

Is it possible to install through MO2? I've tried this using the 'configure executables' tab, with no luck.

Sorry if this is a really dumb question, as I said, this is all new to me!

Many thanks,

Box

Hi there,

I recommend you watch some tutorials which will show you how to successfully mod with MO2. I can recommend the series below which covers everything you need to know...

Long story short, the benefit of using MO2 is that you don't actually touch your Skyrim base installation. MO2 creates its own Data folder into which the mods are installed - this way you can always roll back and make changes without damaging the actual Skyrim folder and installation.

To install a mod into MO2 is easy - you just go to File > Install and select the mod Zip file. Or you can drag and drop it into MO2. No need to touch your Skyrim data folders. Even better - once MO2 is properly configured you can download mods directly from the nexus into MO2. As mentioned - watch the series of tutorials from Ai Cave starting with the one below. It will teach you what to do. Good luck!

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EKcS7qmtLo*

Author of the topic Posted

Thanks SaBBat69!

I really appreciate your help.

I have watched all those Ai Cave tutorials, but had not realised the easiest way to access Racemenu was through the console.

I did end up placing the Sam Light folders in the MO2 mods folder, as well as the Skyrim data folder.

In future, I'll use the File>Install method in MO2.

Looking forward to lots of modding fun (and I guess lots of failures too!).

Once again,

Many thanks!

Box xxx