Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LuxuriaCrystal

Converting Armors in body slide

So I have a question regarding refitting armors in bodyside. I've been playing with bodyslide for only about a month but with the bodyslide Sam sliders that were published I have started experimenting with it more and more in my free time. My problem is that when I go to refit them to SAM I run into a few bumps. The first one is problem is that some of the vanilla armors don't have enough vertices so when refitting its hard to stop the clipping without making the armor overly big in an area. The other problem is recently Ive downloaded the Immersive armors mod in order to obtain some of the armors it offers but i cant find them with the other meshes. I see them in game but no actual models appear in bodyslide. If any of you have any advice on this would you be willing to tell me.

Author

Vanilla armors was made for vanilla body meshes. They are, by default, are fairly low poly, which was quite standard for a game released in 2011.

To increase the polycount on vanilla armor, the process are a tad bit complicated but possible if you have fundamental knowledge in 3D modelling. I can teach you if you're interested but do be warned that it can be quite tedious to do it. 

Alternatively, what you can do is just 'delete' the body part that's supposed to be hidden behind the armor. I believe air's guide mentioned this. 

BodySlide only read BodySlide/OS projects, prepared by other mod authors, which is rarely provided by armor modders. You have to import each NIFs from IA one by one; again air's tutorial details this process already. 

Author of the topic Posted

Thank you for for responding. Ill try to use the deletion method you mentioned. As for IA I hadn't realized it wasn't for SE originally and was instead a port and wasn't treating as such. Again thank you for pointing this out