Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

adrien007

Wetfunction Redux+SAM body texture swapping issues.

Is anyone else getting issues using Wet function to work with SAM?

It works for like, the 1st inital texture application and as soon as anyone changes clothes (i have a sauna with auto-strip because i'm a man of no taste) the body becomes dry as a bone. Sometimes the face fucks up too but for example;

"Ooh i'm so hot and sweaty, lets go dip in the pool" NPC strips "Fuck me I'm all of a sudden bone dry" NPC dips in pool with no change "Huh, I'm even more dry? Meh lemme put my armor on... And now I'm soaking wet, with oil."

Like unless i equip the same armor that they were initially wet/oily with then the texture swapping will not occur and the default (understandably) dry as fuck texture will persist and they'll only been seen wet for maybe all of 5 seconds.

Anyone else have texture swapping issues with Wetfunction? Like do SAM and Wetfun not see eye to eye or is there a way i can make them fuck with eachother?

1 hour ago, adrien007 said:

Is anyone else getting issues using Wet function to work with SAM?

It works for like, the 1st inital texture application and as soon as anyone changes clothes (i have a sauna with auto-strip because i'm a man of no taste) the body becomes dry as a bone. Sometimes the face fucks up too but for example;

"Ooh i'm so hot and sweaty, lets go dip in the pool" NPC strips "Fuck me I'm all of a sudden bone dry" NPC dips in pool with no change "Huh, I'm even more dry? Meh lemme put my armor on... And now I'm soaking wet, with oil."

Like unless i equip the same armor that they were initially wet/oily with then the texture swapping will not occur and the default (understandably) dry as fuck texture will persist and they'll only been seen wet for maybe all of 5 seconds.

Anyone else have texture swapping issues with Wetfunction? Like do SAM and Wetfun not see eye to eye or is there a way i can make them fuck with eachother?

this is the best description ever. 

Author

SAM and Wetfunction are somewhat incompatible because both apply specular maps to characters, but only one specular map can be applied at a time. SAM updates whenever something is equipped or unequipped, while Wetfunction updates on a whole bunch of different events (touching water, moving, sex events, etc.). So when the mods "clash", it can happen that specular maps unload altogether and the characters look "dry".

To avoid those conflicts, you can deselect specular maps and texture swapping in the MCM of Wetfunction. Wetfunction will still apply glossiness, which will usually look wet enough in combination with SAM's specular maps.

For me both SAM Light and wetfunction works together without any problems. If I remove my characters Armour then the character is dry for about 2 secs and then the wet function/look is fully restored to the naked body. Same if I put the Armour back on... dry for about 2 secs and then the wet look is restored. I am mentioning this just to let you know that it can work problem free. My install order is:

- SAM Light 
- SAM High Poly Conversion
- SAM Light Skin add on
- Wetfunction Redux
- Wetfunction Male
- XPMSE Skeleton

I activated pretty much all settings and effects in the wetlook MCM config 

Author

Everything works for me ... in the nioverride.ini settings
Find the settings responsible for the layers (body, head, and so on) and just increase their number both ispell and inum .
I also set up the MCM setting myself to select a speculars from the WetFunctions(redux version of course) folder ... Where did I drop my textures

just drop it in data/textures/actors/character.

WetFunction.7z