Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gerbergreat

Best Skyrim Mods in General

Hey guys, I just jumped back into Skyrim and it's just so satisfying to clobber down some foes with my giant barbarian axe!! There's something so primal and f***ing awesome about Skyrim. I thought it would be a good idea to share some of our favorite skyrim mods. I'm always looking for new mods to spice up my gameplay!!

I installed these two gameplay mods called "Sands of Time" + "Genesis" that intelligently drop a ton of extra monsters into the game, plus this mod called "Immersive Monsters" which has some cool new monster skins and types, which all together make the game is so much more dynamic and "alive", plus you level so fast and its much more fun when you are always frantically trying to survive these crazy huge battles, zombie invasions of the cities, etc. Other random recommendations for modding Skyrim: "Immersive Patrols"; "Floppy SOS" (this one actually works with SAM and males males sooooo f**king hot); also "Skyrim Bigger Trees".

Some final tips, I love using my console commands (~) to "unequipall" after clicking targets hehe, if you set SAM to scale+schlong NPCs haha.. guilty pleasure, plus you can kinda cheat with console commands to give yourself unlimited Grand Soul gems to use your magic weapons. :D:D 

Also, a huge tip: the best male follower included in the game is Vorstag. He is found in the Sliver-Blood Inn in Markath. So awesome to have a studly barbarian at your side to bash some monsters in with, and he looks great after modding with "SAM" + "Floppy SOS" (yes they are compatible)!! I was trying to find the best male follower mods but then I realized the best male companion is Vorstag, and you don't need a mod to get him. The game doesn't like you taking his armor off and swapping it around but you can actually do it by using the command "showinventory" (while selecting Vorstag) then you write down the item code for his armor, then click on him and use the command "removeitem <item code> 1" (while selecting Vorstag). This allows you to swap in anything you want by trading with him with "E". Pairs great with Legacy Skimpy Armors!! 

Plus, you can make any companion essential (so he never "dies", just "faints") by using the command "help Vorstag 4" (or other companion name's) then write down the unique base ID #, then use the command "setessential <base ID#> 1". It makes the follower unkillable. Plus there is a mod to turn off Friendly Fire.

I find that these literal alterations have made my gameplay much more enjoyable...!

On 12/17/2016 at 3:12 AM, gkoogz said:

Hey guys, I just jumped back into Skyrim and it's just so satisfying to clobber down some foes with my giant barbarian axe!! There's something so primal and f***ing awesome about Skyrim. I thought it would be a good idea to share some of our favorite skyrim mods. I'm always looking for new mods to spice up my gameplay!!

I installed these two gameplay mods called "Sands of Time" + "Genesis" that intelligently drop a ton of extra monsters into the game, plus this mod called "Immersive Monsters" which has some cool new monster skins and types, which all together make the game is so much more dynamic and "alive", plus you level so fast and its much more fun when you are always frantically trying to survive these crazy huge battles, zombie invasions of the cities, etc. Other random recommendations for modding Skyrim: "Immersive Patrols"; "Floppy SOS" (this one actually works with SAM and males males sooooo f**king hot); also "Skyrim Bigger Trees".

Some final tips, I love using my console commands (~) to "unequipall" after clicking targets hehe, if you set SAM to scale+schlong NPCs haha.. guilty pleasure, plus you can kinda cheat with console commands to give yourself unlimited Grand Soul gems to use your magic weapons. :D:D 

Also, a huge tip: the best male follower included in the game is Vorstag. He is found in the Sliver-Blood Inn in Markath. So awesome to have a studly barbarian at your side to bash some monsters in with, and he looks great after modding with "SAM" + "Floppy SOS" (yes they are compatible)!! I was trying to find the best male follower mods but then I realized the best male companion is Vorstag, and you don't need a mod to get him. The game doesn't like you taking his armor off and swapping it around but you can actually do it by using the command "showinventory" (while selecting Vorstag) then you write down the item code for his armor, then click on him and use the command "removeitem <item code> 1" (while selecting Vorstag). This allows you to swap in anything you want by trading with him with "E". Pairs great with Legacy Skimpy Armors!! 

Plus, you can make any companion essential (so he never "dies", just "faints") by using the command "help Vorstag 4" (or other companion name's) then write down the unique base ID #, then use the command "setessential <base ID#> 1". It makes the follower unkillable. Plus there is a mod to turn off Friendly Fire.

I find that these literal alterations have made my gameplay much more enjoyable...!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes around and using removeall to make the guys naked. :) It makes for a nice view!

And I agree with you about Vorstag. I use either him or Stenvar - I like both. The only thing I do is to pop into the ck to get rid of Stendar's wrinkles and give them both better hair, and they're good to go!

And I cheat, er, help my game with console commands, too. What's the point in having them available if you don't use them! I'll have to remember the one about switching out their armor. That's something I can do in TESEdit, but don't know how to do it in the ck. But the console command sounds so much less complicated.

My computer is a potato, so I can't add as many mods as I like. But when I get my new computer, I'll probably get some of the hardcore mods like Frostfall and the camping one. And lots of better textures!

Hi there!  I've made a monster PC in order to play Skyrim using all your wonderful mods.  So many textures to enjoy :D  In fact I prefer being naked than in armor.

I can't thank enough for you great job.