Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

On 1/15/2023 at 4:30 PM, air said:

Hello,

In addition to this,  in SSEEDit, navigate to the "Armor Addon" section and find the robe. Add the calves and forearms to this section as such:

image.png.1dba765f59c2e9c844f3a2247c0866a8.png

Leave the "Armor" section the way you have it now, with only the Body. This will fix your issue.

Hi, apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Ended up losing everything and, like an idiot, hasn’t backed up. Tried a new project though, and your solution has resolved it for me. Thank you, really appreciate the help!

Hello!, i dont know if anyone still checks on this thread but I've followed the tutorial religiously and did everything carefully,
 however when I equip the armor refit in-game, the armor doesn't have any SAM morphs?
changing spine or 'enable scaling' sliders does affect the armors properly, but the 2 sam sliders don't change anything at all!

image.thumb.png.8cdfa7b8cd96d4d1dc9afd55bd17ea28.png

In this screenshot I have 2 armors equipped: a Crysis Nanosuit armor that I refitted and a gold belt from a seperate mod
the gold belt is affected by the Samuel slider, but the Crysis Nanosuit which is why the belt looks like its floating

This is SSE, SAM Light, High poly with HDT BBB
I have checked ticked the 'Build Morphs' option
I have used SAM High poly without HDT, SAM normal, etc etc but I always end up with the same result
I have refitted a different mod and it worked wonderfully fine!! but alot of the time mods have this specific problem and I don't know how to fix them
I'm not sure if its because some types of mods don't recognize the Samuel and Samson sliders, because a CBBE mod worked fine for me and another CBBE mod had this same issue, I've also refitted another old armor mod for male similar to this one and it worked just fine

I have attatched the Nanosuit's NIF and TRI files so anyone can see if the problem is with the files.

I appreciate any help, and thank you for you guide! its was really helpful regardless.

edit: i just remembered that I've also tried to modify a SAM refit mod to add HDT weights to it, the mod was working fine in game and when i changed it in bodyslide it looked fine but when i used the changed nif and tri files, the same problem appeared in-game. The HDT phsyics worked fine but samson and samuel sliders didn't work.

armor.tri armor_0.nif armor_1.nif

Edited by 1mTrash

From what I can see inside the _0 armor, it looks like you built an already morphed suit as your base, and the gold belt (which presumably has the working reference to the .tri file) isn't present in the main mesh.

The gold belt needs to be part of the same project as the armor, and unless you're using a particular BILF bodyslide preset, you should build zeroed meshes or the racemenu sliders will add up and deform your suit.

Moreover, the .nif inside the Shapedata folder must not contain any ExtraData reference (your armor contains two), otherwise the game might go look for the wrong file and not find it, or find one that breaks the morphs. Bodyslide will create the correct reference upon building the armor.

1 hour ago, Draspian said:

From what I can see inside the _0 armor, it looks like you built an already morphed suit as your base, and the gold belt (which presumably has the working reference to the .tri file) isn't present in the main mesh.

The gold belt needs to be part of the same project as the armor, and unless you're using a particular BILF bodyslide preset, you should build zeroed meshes or the racemenu sliders will add up and deform your suit.

Moreover, the .nif inside the Shapedata folder must not contain any ExtraData reference (your armor contains two), otherwise the game might go look for the wrong file and not find it, or find one that breaks the morphs. Bodyslide will create the correct reference upon building the armor.

Oh no I didnt want to combine or build the belt with the armor, it's a completely seperate mod that has nothing to do with my refit.
I only equipped the belt in game to demonstrate how the Nanosuit doesn't have sam morphs, but other refit mods work just fine.

The _0 nif being morphed was a mistake and I just fixed that, but I'm not sure I know what ExtraData reference is? and how do I get rid of it? i'm sorry if this is a dumb question

14 hours ago, 1mTrash said:

Oh no I didnt want to combine or build the belt with the armor, it's a completely seperate mod that has nothing to do with my refit.
I only equipped the belt in game to demonstrate how the Nanosuit doesn't have sam morphs, but other refit mods work just fine.

The _0 nif being morphed was a mistake and I just fixed that, but I'm not sure I know what ExtraData reference is? and how do I get rid of it? i'm sorry if this is a dumb question

Ah I misunderstood the point of the belt then. And don't worry, it's not a dumb question.

Bodyslide puts a reference to the .tri file in a text string under one of the BSTriShape blocks. That is just, as far as I know, a text line with the path for the morphs so the game can find it and use it.

It is important that the .nif inside the CalienteTools/BodySlide/ShapeData/[NanoSuit] (or whatever you named it) doesn't have any "NiStringExtraData" block under any of the BSTriShape blocks, since Bodyslide will write it inside the nif files when you click "build" (Given you also tick "Build morphs").

To delete them open the file with Nifskope, expand the blocks until you find the correct one (as in the picture), then right click > Block > Remove Branch > yes when prompted.1766804061_Senzanome.thumb.png.d37d01a9dd99731c950601a5ed607beb.png

2 hours ago, Draspian said:

Ah I misunderstood the point of the belt then. And don't worry, it's not a dumb question.

Bodyslide puts a reference to the .tri file in a text string under one of the BSTriShape blocks. That is just, as far as I know, a text line with the path for the morphs so the game can find it and use it.

It is important that the .nif inside the CalienteTools/BodySlide/ShapeData/[NanoSuit] (or whatever you named it) doesn't have any "NiStringExtraData" block under any of the BSTriShape blocks, since Bodyslide will write it inside the nif files when you click "build" (Given you also tick "Build morphs").

To delete them open the file with Nifskope, expand the blocks until you find the correct one (as in the picture), then right click > Block > Remove Branch > yes when prompted.1766804061_Senzanome.thumb.png.d37d01a9dd99731c950601a5ed607beb.png

image.thumb.png.4c81d2551d41aaa62e6329173caa75cc.png

Thanks for the explaination!
I checked the ShapeData nif and it doesn't have any ExtraData blocks. I built the armor in bodyslide and checked the _0 and _1 nifs and they only have 1 extradata block now so I think I accidentally fixed that issue by just remaking the entire armor refit in bodyslide.

But this didn't fix the armor in-game it still doesn't have any sam morphs, but it reacts to other sliders and has physics
edit: i've attached the updated nifs of the armor

armor_0.nif armor_1.nif armor.tri

Edited by 1mTrash

Yeah there's definitely something else going on now, since there's no weight difference between the _0 and _1 version of the .nif. While other bodies I think can do this by default, for SAM you need to actually move the weight slider in Bodyslide before building for it to take effect. You can use the Preview window to check how the armor looks at various weight levels.

936494997_Senzanome.thumb.png.264eb6152675c70e113679fd583e827d.png

Also: did you remake the Bodyslide project? As far as I can see, the output path is different from the one in the previous meshes ( armor\[SE] SAM Normal\armor.tri) to "armor\new outfit\armor.tri". Moving the .tri file without updating the path inside the meshes will lead to it not working. If you haven't moved the new build, it's possible the game is still reading the old files as they haven't been overwritten.

2 hours ago, Draspian said:

Yeah there's definitely something else going on now, since there's no weight difference between the _0 and _1 version of the .nif. While other bodies I think can do this by default, for SAM you need to actually move the weight slider in Bodyslide before building for it to take effect. You can use the Preview window to check how the armor looks at various weight levels.

936494997_Senzanome.thumb.png.264eb6152675c70e113679fd583e827d.png

Also: did you remake the Bodyslide project? As far as I can see, the output path is different from the one in the previous meshes ( armor\[SE] SAM Normal\armor.tri) to "armor\new outfit\armor.tri". Moving the .tri file without updating the path inside the meshes will lead to it not working. If you haven't moved the new build, it's possible the game is still reading the old files as they haven't been overwritten.

i forgot to change the weight slider sorry but I didn't move the tri files, I remade the refit but i checked the nifs in the mod and I figured out the problem!

image.thumb.png.c4a6705a1b70fa9b5b209adc517cb5e6.png
When I saved my refit in Bodyslide, I didnt fill out the output data path field properly so bodyslide gave the nif files the wrong path for the tri file (silly mistake, i know)
apparently I wrote in my output data path meshes\armor\New Outfit when i should've written meshes\armor\NanoSuit\m
so when I fixed the paths in the nif files manually, the refits started working in game!

thanks so much for your time and help!

Edited by 1mTrash

Author
Author of the topic Posted
On 2/21/2023 at 8:28 PM, wodejiasuo said:

what is the full path!!!

meshes>actors>character>character assets>skeleton.nif

3 hours ago, wodejiasuo said:

Here the genitals and the body have a color difference. How to solve it? The accessories I need to modify need to keep the genitals. In this case, there will be a color difference when entering the game.

I don't know. These files will use whichever textures you have installed - so the issue is related to your own textures that you are using. It looks like a problem with the specular map but I can't know specifically what it is. 

If you don't see this problem with nude males in the game, then it should be fine to ignore this and continue (assuming all textures used are for SAM Light)

Author
On 2/23/2023 at 12:21 PM, sentiao said:

How to refit armor more then 1 colour option? 

it depends on what method the mod is using to provide different color options. sometimes there is only one mesh and then they use texture sets, or other times they give each color its own mesh. regardless of if there is one mesh or multiple meshes, the method to refit is the same as any other.

On 2/23/2023 at 12:21 PM, sentiao said:

and I refit armor in bodyslide but in game lost morph what should I do?

if it's morphing in bodyslide/outfit studio but not morphing in the game, there is probably an error in either the saving or building process. repeat the steps and follow carefully

3 hours ago, air said:

it depends on what method the mod is using to provide different color options. sometimes there is only one mesh and then they use texture sets, or other times they give each color its own mesh. regardless of if there is one mesh or multiple meshes, the method to refit is the same as any other.

if it's morphing in bodyslide/outfit studio but not morphing in the game, there is probably an error in either the saving or building process. repeat the steps and follow carefully

a lot of armor one mesh and then they use texture sets  Do u have tutorial ?

morph lost I refit 10 times not work I trying re-install bodyslide

like this outfit

lost moeph in game I refit-setep by step not work

opennif - delete old body confirm out fit - non-edit - save - build morph follow guide - not work

IF I set samson 85 weight 1 ingame work for player but not work follower/npc so weried.Icheck sseedit morph enable

Edited by sentiao

Author
Author of the topic Posted (edited)

The issue is with the original armor.

There are too many nistringextradata and also the paths are incorrect. This is an oversight by the mod's author.

Some general rules of thumb:

- If an armor is not morphing with Samson and Samuel sliders, then open the nifs and check the nistringextradata.

-Normally there should only be ONE nistringextradata on a mesh which ends with a .tri file (other ones are fine)

-This path needs to be correct. If the path is incorrect in any way, then the outfit will not morph

The problem:

The meshes have two nistringextradata each and both have an incorrect path.

image.png.357198c7ed2d97873bf720df836940eb.png

The proper path is here. As you can see, armor should be replaced with hiromaxi

image.png.7c62cc7548ba3ed19ec49dbbd4ae44bf.png

This leads to the morphs not working:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3fb6aefbfb96f3ff5c9f3cc71060758e.png

The solution:

You can solve it in nifskope or you can solve it in outfitstudio. I'll explain how to solve it in nifskope.

1. Open the _0 nif. Find these nistringextradata and delete one of them.

image.png.2fd858fe4f4a0bdd89a4ce1105674c76.png

2. Edit the other one, replace armor with hiromaxi

image.png.960b82514ead7fcb28916363c22adadf.png

3. Save. Repeat with _1.nif. 

Now the morphs are working:

Spoiler

1987050040_Screenshot2023-02-26183538.thumb.png.0e3684d151faf18fabd733e9c652b3f1.png

Many pieces of this mod has this issue. I looked briefly and the shoes, the belt, etc also has the same problem and needs to be fixed the same way. 

Edited by air

Author
8 minutes ago, sentiao said:

next step HOw to provide different color options?

as far as refitting a mod which is using texture sets, then as long as all shapes remain in the same positions after the refit, texture sets should be functioning without any additional work

if you're asking how to create a mod which uses texture sets or how to add texture sets to an existing mod, that is outside of the scope for my guide. There's many tutorials for that already. I found one easily here: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Using_Texture_sets_for_Skyrim

20 hours ago, air said:

as far as refitting a mod which is using texture sets, then as long as all shapes remain in the same positions after the refit, texture sets should be functioning without any additional work

if you're asking how to create a mod which uses texture sets or how to add texture sets to an existing mod, that is outside of the scope for my guide. There's many tutorials for that already. I found one easily here: https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Using_Texture_sets_for_Skyrim

can't i try.can't same positions because if u refit armor sos,himbo to sam light .nit will overwrite colour in bodyslide

happen all armor if more then 1 colour option

Skyrim Special Edition47.png

Skyrim Special Edition48.png

Edited by sentiao

Author
1 hour ago, sentiao said:

can't i try.can't same positions because if u refit armor sos,himbo to sam light .nit will overwrite colour in bodyslide

happen all armor if more then 1 colour option

I'm sorry. It is difficult to understand this.

All I can do is provide an example.

An example of a vanilla armor which uses texture sets is the guard armor.

image.png.1fce2cd4937fe8971b7e915b5d3f3e0b.png

All guards are using the stormcloak armor mesh. Different colors come from texture sets. 1 set of meshes only, many different colors.

In the vanilla armor, Body is in 1st slot, Clothes are in 2nd slot. If this is not the same after refit, all guards will wear blue armor.

before refit:

image.png.59144c16eaad99212546d0bfd5e01d21.png

after refit:

image.png.5e9a55a0529525401221f4160c7e50bb.png = armor will be different colors for different types of guards (whiterun guards will wear yellow, riften guards will wear purple, etc)

if you mess up the order:

image.png.8ab8ee26c6835252df9c1fe5c91286d6.png = all guards will wear blue armor because position is wrong.

You can change the order in outfit studio. 

image.png.edcdc1c5d9611f87ee02a946d1c3827a.png

It is the same way with mods. If for some reason you can't keep the positions then you need to edit the texture set in the mod esp. 

correct?

change the order in outfit studio change gentail and fourskin too?

Ok figure out I go to CK add new mesh

thank again

I have a question why in biped model can put.nit in body slider only? I want put .nit in mod but can't(I try put.nif in mod forder can't)

JIC If re-install window.

Edited by sentiao

Hello, I hope you can help me. Like everyone else, I want to edit armors, but I have some doubts. I've read almost the entire post, but I have issues with English. At the moment, this is what I have:

When I open armors in NifSkope, I can't see the textures, and in BodySlide, if I load the SAM body without textures, the armors are the same. What should I do?

image.thumb.png.dc37dcd31a0cfc222b336ab9556bf587.png

image.thumb.png.8415a43fb24f5a983108019e28b75e1c.png