Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

air

[Guide] Refitting for SAM - Shape Atlas for Men

Hi

I tried to refit few armors and some work others won't, for example:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109579 I refitted this and it worked perfectly

Then I used BAE to get vanilla meshes and refitted it and SAM morphs didn't work

Same with this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/108497 SAM morphs didn't work

Yes I changed CT_STATIC to CT_MUTABLE in all refits

Skeletons: Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif and Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif both tested same result

Im using Oldrim with MO1 (idk if I should switch to MO2)

I edited: all 0, max samson, max samuel and weight set to 0, everything works perfectly in Outfit Studio

I tried with SAM HighPoly and SAM HighPoly HDT (DB armor worked with both)

I have build morphs checked!

I have read the guide multiple times and Im pretty sure I didn't miss anything :P 

Idk if these might be the reason but I can't launch Outfit Studio trough BodySlide so I start it trough MO1 and when hitting build it only says Successfully processed the following files: _0.nif and _1.nif and when I check overwrite folder there is _0.nif, _1.nif and .tri files

Sorry if this post seems messy or has some errors, Im in a hurry so I wrote it fairly quickly

Author
Author of the topic Posted
On 10/8/2021 at 5:08 PM, g12 said:

Will there be a subsequent guide for weight painting? I have done some changes for the armors in blender but when I import the .obj into OS, the bone copy function always fails to work, warning "different number of vertices". :( 

Sadly weight painting is far outside my scope of knowledge so I won't be writing a guide for it myself. But since it's a more general topic than this, I would imagine there must already be some resources on it somewhere out there!

On 10/31/2021 at 8:14 AM, I like Orcs said:

Hi

I tried to refit few armors and some work others won't, for example:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109579 I refitted this and it worked perfectly

Then I used BAE to get vanilla meshes and refitted it and SAM morphs didn't work

Same with this mod https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/108497 SAM morphs didn't work

Yes I changed CT_STATIC to CT_MUTABLE in all refits

Skeletons: Skyrim\Mod Organizer\mods\XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif and Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets\skeleton.nif both tested same result

Im using Oldrim with MO1 (idk if I should switch to MO2)

I edited: all 0, max samson, max samuel and weight set to 0, everything works perfectly in Outfit Studio

I tried with SAM HighPoly and SAM HighPoly HDT (DB armor worked with both)

I have build morphs checked!

I have read the guide multiple times and Im pretty sure I didn't miss anything :P 

Idk if these might be the reason but I can't launch Outfit Studio trough BodySlide so I start it trough MO1 and when hitting build it only says Successfully processed the following files: _0.nif and _1.nif and when I check overwrite folder there is _0.nif, _1.nif and .tri files

Sorry if this post seems messy or has some errors, Im in a hurry so I wrote it fairly quickly

if you want to send me your finished _0, _1, and .tri, i can look and see what the issue might be when I get a chance.

Thanks so much for this guide! Coming from blender3d it was frustrating learning bodyslide & not knowing the things needed, there's tons of stuff about it out on the net, but this being tailored for SAM guys was just what I needed to convert schlongs for SAM and make tri morph files I needed. The same process is obviously useful for doing SAM refits as well as HIMBO & tons of other stuff.

Cheers to OP & others who shared tips here!

Hello,

How do I add a ninode to a clothes mesh?

rtbgf.thumb.png.361c19a3f38dc9fbe5f9fd5050eb8176.png

When I tried to add bulge physics for a jockstrap, for example, a jockstrap mesh from bikini bottoms made by Kreiste,

I tried to copy the hdt weight from another mod to it, it looks fine in game except that there's a gap between jockstrap and groin

Then I realized that 2 ninodes are required for it to behave properly.

Do you know how to add them onto the jockstrap? Thanks

Author
Author of the topic Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, open189 said:

Hello,

How do I add a ninode to a clothes mesh?

When I tried to add bulge physics for a jockstrap, for example, a jockstrap mesh from bikini bottoms made by Kreiste,

I tried to copy the hdt weight from another mod to it, it looks fine in game except that there's a gap between jockstrap and groin

Then I realized that 2 ninodes are required for it to behave properly.

Do you know how to add them onto the jockstrap? Thanks

you can copy them onto the jockstrap from SAMGenitals before you delete it

Edited by air

11 hours ago, air said:

you can copy them onto the jockstrap from SAMGenitals before you delete it

Could you make it more clear? I copied the bones and they don't paste under the bsdismemberskininstance branch, instead it creates another Ninode at the bottom of the list

gthtrgd.thumb.png.bcce5401c7e0667d78974bc324474ca4.png

I have followed this thread for a long time now. My learning difficulties let me understand most of this but words and description even with pictures become jumbled for me, so I look for help in my short comings. Last night I spent 24h racking my brain trying my hardest to refit an outfit I adore too much to not be able to wear in my game. I had to over come this difficulty but I came back to this and try reading very slowly the steps...I want to thank you, for making this thread. Will show pictures soon to this post but God bless you. I was finally able to do it. Now the sky is the limit with refits now that I finally know how to do it fully and properly unlike half way before. Thank you. Thank you so much

Author
6 hours ago, open189 said:

Could you make it more clear? I copied the bones and they don't paste under the bsdismemberskininstance branch, instead it creates another Ninode at the bottom of the list

Not in nifskope. In outfit studio. it's the same as copying the weights for physics (which you said you've already done). except you will copy these other weights you want as well. Check out the second post in the topic, first section:

Spoiler

Copying the physics of the HDT body to the armor

If you used the HDT body for your refit, you probably also want the armor you refitted to move the same way that the body does, otherwise the body will clip through the armor when it's bouncing. SAMBody needs to be the reference for you to do this. You should be able to do it at any point before you save your project.

1. First of all, you need to be using the HDT body in your refit (So you selected either SAM Normal HDT or SAM High Poly HDT.
  2. Use CTRL+ Click to select all the shapes of your outfit except any SAM body parts. Do not select the body, genitals, hands, feet, anything like that.
  3. Navigate to the "Bones" tab, and use CTRL + Click to select:
    1. NPC Belly,
    2. NPC L Breast
    3. NPC L Butt
    4. NPC L Front Thigh
    5. NPC L Rear Thigh 
    6. NPC R Breast
    7. NPC R Butt
    8. NPC R Front Thigh
    9. NPC R Rear Thigh
  4. With everything selected, click on Shape> Copy Selected Weights and press OK.
  5. Now you can continue on with the guide as normal.
  Hide contents

guide1.png.c37ff8818aa64b9bc5a3b52152c3dfb7.pngGuide2.png.9560e5a123be21b48cb7da5fe960b58b.png

2 hours ago, Yueviathan said:

I have followed this thread for a long time now. My learning difficulties let me understand most of this but words and description even with pictures become jumbled for me, so I look for help in my short comings. Last night I spent 24h racking my brain trying my hardest to refit an outfit I adore too much to not be able to wear in my game. I had to over come this difficulty but I came back to this and try reading very slowly the steps...I want to thank you, for making this thread. Will show pictures soon to this post but God bless you. I was finally able to do it. Now the sky is the limit with refits now that I finally know how to do it fully and properly unlike half way before. Thank you. Thank you so much

Yay! I'm glad you were able to get your favorite outfit converted. Good job sticking through it! 😄

I successful refitted the male version of the outfit I adore, thank you guys again ^_^, however I'm having a gap issue with the female version I need help with. Will be trying to figure it out in the meantime but will show my issue here

SkyrimSE 2022-02-27 03-01-40.png

I copied the weight, but the output mesh will always have a gap in nifskope and the game.

I found that if I clicked the "show pose" under the bones section the jockstrap didn't match the body mesh.

erfwe.thumb.jpg.adc26c8bda61fb195373a879ed111859.jpg

Edit: I did some research and find out that this method is called rigging and can only be done on Blender, from my understanding...

Edit: Okay it's done. I didn't change "Reference Skeleton" in the BS setting. And now it's working perfectly

Edited by open189

Author
9 hours ago, Yueviathan said:

I successful refitted the male version of the outfit I adore, thank you guys again ^_^, however I'm having a gap issue with the female version I need help with. Will be trying to figure it out in the meantime but will show my issue here

these types of gaps are caused by the slot assignment.

you would need to edit the armor in the esp to ensure calves are included in the armor addon section

2 hours ago, air said:

these types of gaps are caused by the slot assignment.

you would need to edit the armor in the esp to ensure calves are included in the armor addon section

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU!!!!! Will still be working on this to perfect how it fits but thank you so much.

Shout out to Lilyrim for making this wonderful outfit and letting me know its ok to convert it <3

Shout out to Savren for making the himbo to sam/sam to himbo sliders which helped me a great deal with this.

And most of all shout outs to you Air for this tutorial that help this happen. <3 <3 <3

SkyrimSE 2022-02-27 15-09-13.png

SkyrimSE 2022-02-27 15-16-08.png

SkyrimSE 2022-02-27 15-24-09.png

SkyrimSE 2022-02-27 15-25-23.png

SkyrimSE 2022-02-27 15-37-11.png

I'm sorry if it has been discussed before, or it's a too vague question.

I'm trying to refit the barbarian armor from Immersive armors but i'm a bit confused how to start. I've done the set up as the guide suggests, but when I import the NIF file from the mod's zip file, it shows up without textures.
image.thumb.png.7f8d98094e71e98b64533e8ca3018d44.png

I look around to see a work around but I'm not sure if the issue is the way my skyrim is set up... I set the outfit studio directory to he Skyrim data folder, but there are no dds textures in there. I've installed Mod organizer in a seperate folder.

I'm also not sure if this is the right outfit since ithas female parts, but i'm not sure if that is just normal.
Again, sorry for the vague cry of help but if anyone could pinpoint how to set up the armour itself, I'd really appreciate it. 

Or if anyone could pinpoint me to an already fitted version of this outfit, that would be even better!

Author
13 hours ago, Kikinho said:

I'm sorry if it has been discussed before, or it's a too vague question.

I'm trying to refit the barbarian armor from Immersive armors but i'm a bit confused how to start. I've done the set up as the guide suggests, but when I import the NIF file from the mod's zip file, it shows up without textures.
image.thumb.png.7f8d98094e71e98b64533e8ca3018d44.png

I look around to see a work around but I'm not sure if the issue is the way my skyrim is set up... I set the outfit studio directory to he Skyrim data folder, but there are no dds textures in there. I've installed Mod organizer in a seperate folder.

I'm also not sure if this is the right outfit since ithas female parts, but i'm not sure if that is just normal.
Again, sorry for the vague cry of help but if anyone could pinpoint how to set up the armour itself, I'd really appreciate it. 

Or if anyone could pinpoint me to an already fitted version of this outfit, that would be even better!

While it's good that you have set the directory in outfit studio, that would not help here since this is nifskope. You have to set the directory in nifskope too if you want to see any textures. You can set the directory in nifskope by going to options > resources> and adding in the path to your skyrim/data folder.

it's probably not. i'm not familiar with immersive armors but this outfit you have opened is clearly for females. Unless you are planning to convert this female armor for males then you should look for the mesh which contains the male version of the armor

3 hours ago, air said:

While it's good that you have set the directory in outfit studio, that would not help here since this is nifskope. You have to set the directory in nifskope too if you want to see any textures. You can set the directory in nifskope by going to options > resources> and adding in the path to your skyrim/data folder.

it's probably not. i'm not familiar with immersive armors but this outfit you have opened is clearly for females. Unless you are planning to convert this female armor for males then you should look for the mesh which contains the male version of the armor

Thank you for the reply, I actually found out that I needed to set the archives to the skyrim data folder in order to show the textures. 
However... I can't seem to find the actual male version of the armor in the mod, so for now I abandoned the idea of refitting it.

Thank you for the reply though!

Author
21 hours ago, ratto_1 said:

Hi! I'm a bit stuck on step 4A. The drop-down menu doesn't show any of these SAM sets from your screenshot...image.png.cee2313bd5178a21b18052dc736738bb.png

I'm on Special Edition btw. Where can I find them? Thanks!

The required files are found at the top of the first post under "Requirements." You need to add these files to your BodySlide folder.

Alternatively you can download them here: 

On 12/18/2022 at 5:12 PM, air said:

The required files are found at the top of the first post under "Requirements." You need to add these files to your BodySlide folder.

Alternatively you can download them here: 

Thank you!!

So first of all, I just want to say that this guide is great! I started yesterday and I have done my first (quite naff) refit, so thank you for the guide!

If possible, could I please get your advice on something? I'm refitting the DX Cassandra Apocrypha Robes to the SAM High Poly body and I have some strange gaps between the feet and shins, and the hands and forearms (apparently the refit took out the ankles and wrists...)

Everything looks to be in order in Outfit Studio, but in game I get these weird gaps. I've put a couple of in game screenshots below.

ScreenShot0.thumb.png.2e1eb7f168ca972d037c43d23825e7d2.png

ScreenShot1.thumb.png.6855121766a4995240dac932b0137e10.png

I'm just wondering if anyone can think of any reason why this may be happening? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I should probably mention, the original mesh is for the UNP body. This does have high heels, however I've not included anything for the feet. I'm not sure if this mght be relevant?

Edited by LSF894
Additional info

Author
10 hours ago, LSF894 said:

So first of all, I just want to say that this guide is great! I started yesterday and I have done my first (quite naff) refit, so thank you for the guide!

If possible, could I please get your advice on something? I'm refitting the DX Cassandra Apocrypha Robes to the SAM High Poly body and I have some strange gaps between the feet and shins, and the hands and forearms (apparently the refit took out the ankles and wrists...)

Everything looks to be in order in Outfit Studio, but in game I get these weird gaps. I've put a couple of in game screenshots below.

I'm just wondering if anyone can think of any reason why this may be happening? Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I should probably mention, the original mesh is for the UNP body. This does have high heels, however I've not included anything for the feet. I'm not sure if this mght be relevant?

this is a common issue where some outfits are using the forearms and calves slots (which hides those parts) and it becomes apparent after entering the game

In outfit studio you would select the parts of the outfit in the meshes tab and move over to the partitions tab and remove forearms and calves, hit apply, repeat for however many parts the outfit has (ignore the SAMBody, it's allowed to keep these slots). Then resave and regenerate the files from this project

image.png.5886f52ccd02f3b9c53a3611b80a38f8.png

To fix the mod esp, you can open it in TES5EDIT/SSEEDIT and find the entry for the outfit you worked on under the Armor section, and make sure only slot 32 is being used.

image.png.b5ac3d60076377c03cd6ba2a3f5823a3.png

Edited by air

4 hours ago, air said:

this is a common issue where some outfits are using the forearms and calves slots (which hides those parts) and it becomes apparent after entering the game

In outfit studio you would select the parts of the outfit in the meshes tab and move over to the partitions tab and remove forearms and calves, hit apply, repeat for however many parts the outfit has (ignore the SAMBody, it's allowed to keep these slots). Then resave and regenerate the files from this project

To fix the mod esp, you can open it in TES5EDIT/SSEEDIT and find the entry for the outfit you worked on under the Armor section, and make sure only slot 32 is being used.

Thank you for this clear explanation. I’m not going to get chance to check this today, but once I’m done I’ll share an update. Thanks again! 😊

On 1/11/2023 at 8:05 AM, air said:

I've double checked all the parts of my outfits (apart from SAMBody) in Outfit Studio, and none of the sections are using the Forearms or Calves slot. I had thought it was the main "skin" of the outfit as equipping this seems to cause the issue, but this only has the body slot.

1654686199_Screenshot2023-01-15093135.jpg.e850d8e62b6b891166c99723f037529b.jpg

I have four pieces to the outfit. To help, I've put the slots next to them:

Skin - 32 (Body)

Bracers - 33 (Hands)

Skirt - 49 (Pelvis Primary)

Socks/Stockings - 53 (Leg Right)

I've double checked each part in game, and it's only happening when the Skin is equipped. I've put a screenshot below of the culprit in Outfit Studio.

680010601_Screenshot2023-01-15093201.thumb.jpg.70948a45fb7de08179365aa0ce4acafe.jpg

I've also checked the CK and everything matches there. I've also double checked SSEEdit and that appears to be fine.

1866074312_Screenshot2023-01-15093402.jpg.3cbe951126cfcefb33b776aa4120fa2b.jpg

Could you think of any other possible issue that might be causing this?

Author
6 hours ago, LSF894 said:

I've also checked the CK and everything matches there. I've also double checked SSEEdit and that appears to be fine.

1866074312_Screenshot2023-01-15093402.jpg.3cbe951126cfcefb33b776aa4120fa2b.jpg

Could you think of any other possible issue that might be causing this?

Hello,

In addition to this,  in SSEEDit, navigate to the "Armor Addon" section and find the robe. Add the calves and forearms to this section as such:

image.png.1dba765f59c2e9c844f3a2247c0866a8.png

Leave the "Armor" section the way you have it now, with only the Body. This will fix your issue.

Edited by air