Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Vector

SAM, Hall of Torque and change in EULA

Admin
Author of the topic Posted

I did asked the removal, I'm not going to deny that... but I asked the removal of copyrighted content only, and Felio was suppose to serve as an intermediary between both of us to help determine what was ok or not, since LadyM lacks the neccessary know-how to judge by herself, and I also mentioned on the e-mail I sent yesterday that the EULA changes were only in effect on 21 November 2016, giving the 30 days period established in the EULA... I never asked her to remove immediatly either... Back in January, I also asked the same, but later I backed down on my decision, because I didnt wanted to prevent ppl from getting SAM and other mods, I retracted because I thought about the community and LadyMoiraine. Through this whole proccess, while I'm trying to fight for my interests, I have never disregarded any of that.

I'm going to post the e-mail I sent her yesterday. It was mostly just an official communication, so I could establish a deadline for the EULA change to come into effect, since I've been dragging this situation for almost a month now... and while I did had IRL seasonal work, which is somewhat intense and takes a toll out of me, to which I need some days to rest after that, the resting period was way more than it normally is, and I've just been absent alltogether, and I'm just distarcting myself with playing games, in order to avoid dealing with this... I knew I would have fallout... believe me, I would have stop it if I could...

Anyway, here's the e-mail I sent her yesterday (and her reply)

EULAMailExchange03.jpg

Admin

I dont need any apologize, I need ppl to be a bit more empathetic towards all this, and stop blaming me (either explicitly or implicitly) just because I'm defending what is rightful (and legally) mine. Do you really think LadyM was interested in a smooth transition? I think not, just read her reply to my e-mail yesterday, which was totally unprofessional and not assertive at all. Again, she already knew this for about a week now... it should not be any surprise, nor she has any reason to be impulsive.

Admin

Hi @Vector!

First of all, thank you for your continued effort in making games and characters in them more appealing and vibrant for those interested (gamers&gaymers alike). There are never enough AAA modders, but you are unique. Indeed, your mods are outstanding. 

It was a sad time to see you went MIA (several times btw), and now it is equally sad to see that your motives, actions and work done are being widely misunderstood and undermined. Having that said, HoT had served us SAMmers well. I can see why LadyM didn't want to remove SAM back in June. And soon after that you granted her the exclusive rights to host SAM. Just like that. Now that LadyM has violated the EULA, it's only natural to ask her to remove SAM and its derivatives from Hall of Torque.

But even without keeping that in mind, it's you mod. It's your work. You're free to do whatever you want with that, period. I find it bizarre people can't grasp this fundamental thing. Moreover, SAM isn't going anywhere (and I'm really looking forward to upcoming SSE refresh).

You have always been kind, supportive and willing to help to both users and modders -- that's how I know it, anyway. Please, don't let this situation affect you in a negative way. There're supporters, and many of us. Again, thank you for your astounding work.

35 minutes ago, RocketLombax said:

Okay, now I really must apologize. Prior to a few hours ago, it wasn't clear what had happened, and with the way it was worded, it was more implied that the removal of any SAM based mods was on you, Vector. It wasn't exactly stated directly, however the removal of the mods was not originally attributed to LadyM's decision. I'm really sorry for assuming anything. I repeat, while things were later clarified a bit, the original statements didn't make it clear that it was LadyM's doing, not yours. So by connecting the ill-placed dots, it could've been easily assumed that you were the one that made her remove the mods. And as such, I was bothered by the decision, which I assumed was yours... For all anybody knows too, this could have been a result of playing telephone between three people. I swear, had I known though what the real deal was, I wouldn't have had any trouble here! I do think that you should have direct control of your mod here on your own site.

Now I get to look like a total ass over everything not being entirely clear. I concede defeat.

Again, I'm incredibly sorry, Vector. I honestly am... I feel like such an idiot.

Thank you for understanding @RocketLombax I really appreciated.  I was at the thread and i too was disappointed.  She linked the website to this website so I wanted to see what was really going on.  Then when I came to the website, I looked at this thread.  And I then saw that she violated the EULA or Terms of Use policy, which I knew when I first went to the SAM page for the first time, something wasn't right.  I thought why was there no sort of Terms of Use or EULA at all anywhere on that page.  I'm like how can a person release an amazing mod without a TOU or EULA, I usually see big time modders whether its TES modding or even SIMS modding they always post a TOU at least.  But no I didn't see it.  I have the exact copy of what was posted on the SAM page, i made my own readme like I did with other mods I'm using.

Edited by nappilydeestruction
misspelling

Admin

Also... I really dont want to fight... I totally get that LadyM is angry and upset, but so am I... not only she violated the EULA, but I'm also finding out it wasnt made public? I mean... maybe you guys just didnt saw it, maybe it was in some obscure post, and you just didnt noticed? Anyway, please, lets stop throwing accusations at each other... When I made the announcement, I provided the basic information, which is not so much as blaming, but making a statement that the EULA was breached... I dont understand why ppl feel the need to dig on the subject and attack either "side"... let's just all STOP! I will do so here, when I'm told that the thread where ppl are throwing feeces at me like monkeys, is locked and any other conversation on this topic is dead and buried.

This is a matter between me and LadyM, and should be dealt between me, her and at most Felio who was already made aware of the situation for a while now. We don't need ppl starting to point fingers randomly without knowing all the facts, it will only make the conversation uglier.

EDIT: Come to think of it, I'm also almost pretty sure that she must have somehow, somewhere published the EULA... I have talked with some ppl about it, and they said they were aware about the permissions... Or maybe I just misinterpreted what they said... I dont know anymore...

Admin

Anyway, I'm locking this thread... and I hope LadyM shows some sense and does the same for her site. I will leave a public statement though... I have already prepared a full compilation all e-mail exchanges I had with her, from January and June... if she doesnt put a stop to this, I will bite back...

EDIT: I've got the confirmation that the EULA was indeed posted, just in some obscure post