Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — SAM High Poly Conversion

Author
Author of the topic Posted
1 hour ago, Xenotunak said:

Do we need to keep the hand patch for the glitch some of us have or does your mod fix that too? ^_^

It's not needed.  My mod already uses the correct hand mesh as the base.  I've tested it in 3rd person and 1st person in both Oldrim and SE.  The weights still need a bit of fine tuning, but I'll come back to that once I'm done with the fingernail meshes.

Author
1 hour ago, LazyBoy said:

Can we overwrite mesh files from your  HDT BBB Bounce for SAM mod safely? 

The weights to determine body bounce are stored on the body mesh itself.  You can use the high poly hand and feet meshes but not the body.  Once I'm satisifed with the weights for the body, I'll add support for body bounce later.

12 minutes ago, KouLeifoh said:

The weights to determine body bounce are stored on the body mesh itself.  You can use the high poly hand and feet meshes but not the body.  Once I'm satisifed with the weights for the body, I'll add support for body bounce later.

OK, thank you for the reply!

Author
6 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Thanks for your great work!

Do you have a plan to make high poly meshes about genitals?

That might be a bit overkill, but it shouldn't be hard to do.  Keep in mind that texture quality matters too.

Author

Unfortunately, you'll have to edit all of them since they're all used by SAM.  It's a relatively simple but tedious process of copying and pasting.  There's no way around it other than using a single texture set.

On 5/10/2018 at 3:45 PM, KouLeifoh said:

Unfortunately, you'll have to edit all of them since they're all used by SAM.  It's a relatively simple but tedious process of copying and pastingThere's no way around it other than using a single texture set.

Hello, really great work. When will the body support HDT?

Author
6 hours ago, LordSidious0815 said:

Hello, really great work. When will the body support HDT?

I have some free time this month, so I'm hoping to get around to doing that along with a few other things.  Also, being Pride month is more of an incentive for me.

On 6/3/2018 at 6:50 PM, KouLeifoh said:

I have some free time this month, so I'm hoping to get around to doing that along with a few other things.  Also, being Pride month is more of an incentive for me.

Thank you so much Kou :)  You're a sweet guy and an artistic inspiration.  I hope you have a wonderful pride month! ?️‍?

Author

Texture options are limited for SAM.  You can get away with using a better diffuse/specular map, but the normal maps matter a lot.  The main reason I shy away from doing a full SAM texture replacer is due to the large number of normal maps it uses (8 weight sets x 3 body parts [body,hand,genital] x 3 races [human,argonian,khajiit] = 72 normal maps).

So, I'm actually just about done with a conversion of SAM to "vanilla" UVs because I was frustrated by the lack of compatibility between body meshes and textures. I also did a high-poly version (before I knew that this existed xD).

Author

The recent update includes my own personal vanilla refits for high poly SAM.  The biarheart body mesh and USLEEP/USSEP mesh changes were not included.  The biarheart body requires a drastic mesh edit for the heart area and most of the USLEEP/USSEP changes removed normals from the skin mesh (not an issue for SAM).  I plan on refitting vanilla rings and amulets at a later date.

Due to the size of the update (493mb), there may be issues with the download.  It took me a couple of tries to successfully upload it.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:48 PM, KouLeifoh said:

The recent update includes my own personal vanilla refits for high poly SAM.

I assume those other SAM (separate) DB, DG, and Vanilla refit files aren't needed anymore, right?

Author
On 1/3/2019 at 9:59 AM, nemiens said:

I assume those other SAM (separate) DB, DG, and Vanilla refit files aren't needed anymore, right?

That's entirely up to you.  My refits have the high poly body/hand/feet meshes included in the refits where needed.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:37 PM, boo said:

I've identified a few issues with weight causing the chest to get pinched with physics enabled.

That's a known issue.  Vertex weight painting isn't my strong suit.  Ideally, the problematic vertices need to be weight blended with nearby vertices, but I'm still learning how to do this properly.

On 1/6/2019 at 6:21 AM, Kestrel said:

where i can find 4k texture for body/hands/head?

I'm not aware of any 4k textures that are (publicly) available for SAM.  Most of the time, 2k textures are fine.

So the meshes I'm working with also use a vanilla + SOS UV map that should theoretically make texture conversions easy peasy. The one caveat being that the feet on almost all these maps have a non-standard mapping and I'm specifically trying to avoid that. SAM's feet are preferable for that reason.