Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
kosmos84

Download — Cosmos Affordable Hair Galore

Cosmos Affordable Hair Galore

This is a hair mod , consists of 10 simple hairstyles which are optimized to fit COTR and High poly heads . Featuring high quality textures made from scraps for the Bois & Men of Skyrim . I may continue to update the mod by adding more hairs in the future .

Only 10 hairstyles ?

For now yes . Quality over quantity my friend . To clarify , these are not hairs ported from other games . Hairstyles may look simple but the effort it took to make these is tremendous to say the least 😪. Not to mention each hairstyle has at least 3 different parts . Mold that onto 2 head types , 2 weight forms , 4 different shapes . That's a staggering 100 + headshapes we have to paint weights and conform to 😴.

Why are all of them short hairs ?

Not to be confused with another of my upcoming Ultra High Poly hair mod , these are " affordable " hairstyles that will work on a wider range of PC . Longer hairs are more complex and require longer time to finish and thus will not be included in this mod .

Who should be using these ?

For those of us who prefer volumes , rough textures and complicated hair details , these hairs are messy and a little greasy which is exactly how warrior's hairs look like in real life . It should look relatively good for close - ups which is ideal for screenarchers. Under the constraint of the Skyrim engine , it is a wonder that we are able to cramp so much details into it .

Can women use the hairs ?

It is not a question of can / can't but why . The girls already have 10 times more options than the boys .Since most people prefer their ladies to have silky smooth hairs , this mod goes against that very principle . So to answer the question , NO , at least for the time being .

Things you should know :

*As promised , an additional 2 bonus hairstyles are added . These 2 hairstyles are widly different**  than those in the 10 pack , use them at your discretion .

*Mod is ESL Flagged and compressed in BSA files properly.

*Unlike other hair mods , I did not mute the shine of the hair . Apparently people in the medieval times apply fat and oils on their hairs too . For aesthetics , the hair will retain a wee bit of glossiness .

* There are shimmerings , yes . Skyrim's default AA is not powerful enough to handles all the delicate edges . If you have a decent PC , consider getting this DLSS MOD . Its powerful DLAA should eliminate any aliasings . Performance cost depends on your installed mods .

* Most hairstyles have approximately 150%-250% more triangles than KS hairdos .

* COTR and High Poly ELVES do not share the headshape . For High Poly Heads & Vanilla Elves , I've prepared a hair clone made to fit their shapes . Since COTR share their shapes between Elves and Human , they can use the normal hair instead . Refer to the screenshots** for proper usages.

** If there are clipping , it should be easily corrected using Racemenu's deflate / inflate . Do not alter the hair but edit the head mesh instead. We are using the default NORD head and Dark Elves as reference .

*No HDT SMP Support , these are meant to be affordable in terms of PC resources . Not to mention they are short hairs , HDT is unnecessary .

Report any bugs or issues you run into at the comments . 

Disclaimer :

As usual , the mod is opened for all Vector's members . Unauthorized distribution of the hairmod outside of Vectorplexus is forbidden . If you wish to use this in your NPC replacer , drop me a quick notice so I can keep track of where my mods are going .

Credit : 

ljty76810a , Meilia and Mizuno for playtesting , I couldn't have done it alone . 

vectorplexis for hosting the mod.

All of you sweet people on vectorplexus ,  thank you for all your nice words and support .