Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catteraine

Will buying AE Upgrade on Steam break my mods?

I am on 1.6.640 AE (PC) and have a long modlist with 550 mods (incl latest SKSE). The game runs super stable with no CTD and everything is working as intended.

I am now considering buying the AE Upgrade on Steam but many comments there warn that it will break your game. They don't give out any information about the version from which they upgraded so of course, if they were on 1.5.97 it will break their mods. But what about my 1.6.640 AE build? Will it work flawlessly after I buy and install this Creation Club content?

Most mods are not compatible with AE since the last time I checked. For the content added it isn't worth updating to. Also please do not buy any creation club content, there are hilariously easy ways to make it free since it is already forcefully installed on your system.

Most mods are .esp and loose files or .bsa archives, and those are version independent. The ones that break with updates are SKSE dependent mods (that come with a .dll) because SKSE replaces the main executable, which gets changed with every update and contains the version informations. If you already are on the latest Skyrim version, yes buying AE only gives you CC content as far as I know, and you already have all the correct SKSE mods.

Also, I'm not sure the people who try to keep this website running will be happy at the mention of piracy, just saying. I hate how the laws around these things let companies act, but there's not many queer friendly spaces in modding, let's not get the few ones that do exist shut down.

39 minutes ago, Draspian said:

Most mods are .esp and loose files or .bsa archives, and those are version independent. The ones that break with updates are SKSE dependent mods (that come with a .dll) because SKSE replaces the main executable, which gets changed with every update and contains the version informations. If you already are on the latest Skyrim version, yes buying AE only gives you CC content as far as I know, and you already have all the correct SKSE mods.

Also, I'm not sure the people who try to keep this website running will be happy at the mention of piracy, just saying. I hate how the laws around these things let companies act, but there's not many queer friendly spaces in modding, let's not get the few ones that do exist shut down.

Nobody said anything about piracy, the largest Skyrim mod Youtubers have openly told their subscribers how. Telling people that something exists isn't piracy.

You should be fine. Draspian is correct that the only big concern would be SKSE plugins but if you are already running 1.6.640 then you are fine. You might have some locational conflicts with your mods and CC, but I imagine there are patches for whatever you use. Again, I would backup saves just in case, but CC should be safe to add to existing games.