Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sexdoll

Use SAM for only followers that need it

i never had SAM installed but I really want to. the problem is I've always been using SOS since so many things still depend on it, I'm also using Skyrim SE and SAM doesn't seem to be fully converted. but is it possible to have SAM for the followers that need it only? is there a way for SOS & SAM to ignore each other? I might convert fully to SAM later but everything seems fine so I don't want to mess it up, but I really want to use some followers with their required SAM body.

also just a side question, is there a discord server for the website?

If you aren't wanting to just fully switch over to SAM, I would say probably no (the long answer would be that you possibly could, but it would be complicated and require editing SAM and the followers). Honestly didn't know there were any followers that required SAM.
SAM on SE is almost the same as it was on LE at this point, the morphs are added into RaceMenu with another mod. You can actually use SOS (kind of) with SAM, which might be what you want if you are wanting SOS features with SAM body (SOS addons have to be patched to work with it, but anything other than those and SOS refits should be fine). If you haven't already started a save I'd say to just try SAM out, and if you need any help with it ask; there's a lot of people here more knowledgeable than me so I'm sure you'd get good answers.

If you haven't found it yet, the Discord invite is at the top right next to the Youtube and Twitter links, and there's also the little Discord widget in the bottom left.

Author of the topic Posted
7 hours ago, Chompy said:

If you aren't wanting to just fully switch over to SAM, I would say probably no (the long answer would be that you possibly could, but it would be complicated and require editing SAM and the followers). Honestly didn't know there were any followers that required SAM.
SAM on SE is almost the same as it was on LE at this point, the morphs are added into RaceMenu with another mod. You can actually use SOS (kind of) with SAM, which might be what you want if you are wanting SOS features with SAM body (SOS addons have to be patched to work with it, but anything other than those and SOS refits should be fine). If you haven't already started a save I'd say to just try SAM out, and if you need any help with it ask; there's a lot of people here more knowledgeable than me so I'm sure you'd get good answers.

If you haven't found it yet, the Discord invite is at the top right next to the Youtube and Twitter links, and there's also the little Discord widget in the bottom left.

well it's not that I don't want to fully switch, it's just that I'm a bit worried since I have way too many mods depending on SOS as requirement. but I always wanted to try what vector developed after SOS. as for the followers they had something like "requirements: SAM body" so I wasn't certain if they would work. btw those links are what I needed, not sure if that could work as I want but it's worth a try. thank you:))

Author

most of the mods with a soft requirement for SOS work fine with SAM instead
and most of the mods with a hard requirement for SOS (i don't think there's a lot of these) would probably work fine if you use the patch linked above (besides armors, clothing, textures etc)