Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
zoran

Download — RyanReos Spartan Hoplite Outfit for SAM light with HDT-SMP: Enhanced Edition

RyanReos Spartan Hoplite Outfit for SAM light with HDT-SMP: Enhanced Edition

This is the enhanced version of RyanReos-SpartanHoplite Outfit with HDT-SMP Physics SAM light 1.0.0 by Lilyrim, along with SavrenX's BILF refit version and modified texture.

Since it should be considered an improvement of the original mod, I label it as 1.1.0. Although I think I've added more things than I expected, almost spent a month working on it xD

Here shows my deepest gratitude for Lilyrim and SavrenX's permission to use their assets and improve the mod based on their work. If you like this outfit, please go to their original mod page to give them kudos!

Important note: The link names "Us4WiCCK" is the mirror link goes to MEGA drive. It has to be named like that because VP doesn't have a feature to attach a caption for an external download link. If you encounter connection problems with the local download link, please try that one!

Requirements:
Exactly same to the original mod.

Optional Prerequisites:

How to install:

1. Install the Requirements above (I believe all the SAM fellows here already have them)
  2. Drag the archive into your MO2 window and let the FOMOD installer guide you. (Includes a number of options like textures, BILF refit, craftable, and other add-on. Just choose what you like most!)
  3. Launch the game, and you can open AddItemMenu to check if the items are installed correctly.
  4. Enjoy!

Update from previous version:

It is safe to update in mid-save from either Lilyrim's original version or SavrenX's modified version. Just unequip all your Spartan items and store them into a container, then make a new save before updating.
After update to this version, you can go back to the container to retrieve the items, although you might find out some items disappeared. In that case, you have to use AddItemMenu to get them back.

Compatibility:

Anything but other mod items which occupy the same slots. You can use UI expansion mods such as SkyUI AIO Survival or Body Slots for SkyUI/Nordic UI to check the slot for each item more easily in-game.

For Simple Wearable Lantern users, I made an optional patch included in the mod pack that move skirts from Slot 49 to Slot 48, so they wouldn't conflict. (Of course, you wouldn't need it if you don't wear skirts at all;))

Description:

If you are interested in what's the difference in this "Enhanced version", here lists the detail:

1. Fixed several errors of the original files, include the original helmet's misplaced plume, missing first-person hands, sword's scabbard not working and CTD when dropping. 
  2. Ground model for every single item... Hair and beard too.
  3. Add Argonians and Khajiit model for both kinds (Regular and Opened) of helmet.
  4. SavrenX's BILF Bodysilde refit and modified textures included, and you can pick the option you like when installing (If you choose BILF then every piece of armour is refitted for BILF body)
  5. Bows! Inspired from recurve bows in Ancient Greece and Asia Minor, I decided to make my own version based on the model from DecimusMaximus' Real Bows, since I believe it looks much more suitable with the outfit than vanilla bows. (The bows are standalone and don't require Real Bow mod, but I still highly recommend it. Here is SSE version)
  6. Optional One-handed Spear add-on based on True Spear Combat, which is necessary for the add-on to work. I recommend using the DAR version since DAR offers more flexibility, like you can easily set up animation packs and switch them based on different condition like stances. Finally, you can fight like a real Spartan warrior! (You can also get my small patch for the corrected weapon type and icon of spears in SkyUI AIO Survival)
  7. A Craftable add-On that adds a new book depicts the legendary warriors and their equipment. There are several copies could be found at different places in Skyrim, and you will learn the recipe once you read it. Afterwards, you can make the items at the Forge (weapons and metal armour) and Tanning Rack (leather armour and cape), if you have the specific perk in Smithing active which is hinted in the book. 
  8. Meshes and Textures are .BSA archived for cleaner file structure and less file size. (Can be decompressed with BSA Browser)

Some quick Q&As:

Q: Is it able to be used in AE?
A: I haven't tested, but I don't see the mod itself has any incompatibility with AE so far, provided that you have updated the prerequisites into AE versions like the DLL update for SOS.

Q: I'm using HIMBO, can you make a refit?
A: No, at least in my current plan. First, I don't use HIMBO myself, since I still prefer SAM much more xD. 
And I've been tired after already spent too much time on this. Things involve HDT-SMP require many more extra works than regular armours, and I can see it'd be a headache to me.
If you are interested in making a refit, or other modification, please contact Lilyrim by yourself for a permission.

Q: My FPS drops significantly, particularly while equipping cape/skirt.
A: HDT-SMP (and FSMP) requires sufficient CPU resource and the performance is varied at different setup. All I can suggest are trying different settings when installing SMP (like AVX/AVX2/AVX512 or CUDA on/off) and adjusting configs.xml with a text editor. I guess to set the number of <maximumActiveskeletons> or <percentageOfFrameTime> lower might be helpful. Anyway, you have to try figuring out a setting which is the best for your setup; and I have to state that it's far beyond my ability and responsibility to help with that.
You can also go to the forum section in HDT-SMP/FSMP's nexus mod page to see if there are useful hints.

Credits:

• Lilyrim for the original mod.
  • SavrenX for BILF refit and modified texture.
  • Of course, RyanReos for the original 3D model.
  • DecimusMaximus for the bow model.
  • Special thanks to every cool and lovely bro&sis on VectorPlexus :)

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/27/2023
  • Category
  • Special Edition compatible
    Yes
  • Created by
    SAM lovers
  • Anniversary Edition compatible
    Yes

I am sorry to ask but will you make this also available for the horrific vanilla body?

I'm using a modpack with no male body replacers.

If not is there a way for me to make it fitting to the vanilla body myself?

Edited by Guest

Author of the topic Posted
On 12/17/2023 at 3:31 PM, MyHouseATL said:

The FOMOD say's that there is a craftable version that requires a book.  However, looking at the .esp in XEdit, there are no recipe's or books.  Do you do some kind of magic with scripts or something?

You might have installed or opened the uncraftable version.