Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

axland

Petition to modders: Capeless Nightingale

Hello.

I managed to use the Hi-Res textures from https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/3765?tab=files&file_id=16337&nmm=1 and the SAM Vanilla Armor Replacer at the same time.

I'm very pleased, but the problem is that I'm using the capeless version and, of course, the SAM meshes are showing the cape again. It's a shame, because the cape hides partially the improvements in the mesh. The Nightingale is arguably the best armor in vanilla and deserve a capeless version. I tried to do it myself, but I'm lost because I can't edit it with Nif Scope, my Photoshop don't have DDS plugins disposable and I never touched a tool like Blender.

I think it's not hard to do, I learned that is possible a shortcut "painting" the cape in an alpha channel and will become transparent. If not, must be edited.

Any support o idea will be welcomed, than you.

Axland

20230121212221_1.jpg

20230121212140_1.jpg

20230121212249_1.jpg

20230121212337_1.jpg

Author

I think it's not hard to do, I learned that is possible a shortcut "painting" the cape in an alpha channel and will become transparent. If not, must be edited.

If you make it transparent in Photoshop it won't change. You'd better turn on the transparency in each model (0 and 1) in NifScope or Bodyslide.

Author of the topic Posted
5 hours ago, Den987 said:

If you make it transparent in Photoshop it won't change. You'd better turn on the transparency in each model (0 and 1) in NifScope or Bodyslide.

Are not files DXT 5 capable of holding an alpha channel? The Photoshop DDS plugins cannot save in DXT 5?

from loverslab.jpg

Author

You can edit the texture, but if the mesh does not have NiAlphaProperty it won't work. 

This is the same thing the author of that mod has done. They erased the texture and added NiAlphaProperty to the mesh. That's why even though they called it a "Retexture," the capeless download also has meshes in there. The vanilla mesh (and therefore the refitted mesh) probably doesnt have the nialphaproperty because it doesnt need it.

If you want to do it too, just find your SAM meshes torso_0.nif and torso_1.nif and add NiAlphaProperty to both (right click NiTriShape > block > insert > NiAlphaProperty). Then use only the texture from the mod.

image.png.919c626dfc12796e55b496e87351b68f.png

Author of the topic Posted
23 hours ago, air said:

You can edit the texture, but if the mesh does not have NiAlphaProperty it won't work. 

This is the same thing the author of that mod has done. They erased the texture and added NiAlphaProperty to the mesh. That's why even though they called it a "Retexture," the capeless download also has meshes in there. The vanilla mesh (and therefore the refitted mesh) probably doesnt have the nialphaproperty because it doesnt need it.

If you want to do it too, just find your SAM meshes torso_0.nif and torso_1.nif and add NiAlphaProperty to both (right click NiTriShape > block > insert > NiAlphaProperty). Then use only the texture from the mod.

image.png.919c626dfc12796e55b496e87351b68f.png

Thank you very much. I was asking myself what failed when done.

Finally I managed to get it done, but adding property to the mesh not inserting block. Thank you very much.

20230124003724_1.jpg

20230124003828_1.jpg

20230124004937_1.jpg

20230124004954_1.jpg

20230124005011_1.jpg