Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pottum

Refitting armor (Himbo to Sam)

Hey there! :)

So I tried refitting Kreiste's Archer outfit (skimpy) from Himbo to SAM.
First I used the Himbo to SAM conversion reference by SavrenX and set that as reference in Bodyslide/-outfitter.
Then I tested it ingame. It kinda worked, but the body hat a weird texture around the legs, so I investigated and found this refitting guide by air.
I started at part B and followed through to part D, kinda anyways. I didn't had any sam/samson/weight sliders, so I skipped that part.

Testing ingame, the body disappeared and only the armor is visible.

I am totally new to all of this, so any help would be appreaciated.
Also I attached my refit for reference or something.

Thanks in advance :)

Refit.zip

I took a quick look at it and there's a couple of things immediately. Body S V1 has two SAM bodies in it. Gloves and GlovesH have the HIMBO-SAM conversion body instead of the SAM hands. The others seem fine. But I also can't tell if something is going wrong after you've built it in BS.

Is the body disappearing only when you equip a certain piece?
What part did you skip exactly from the tutorial? I don't know what would happen if you didn't at least conform to sliders, HIMBO makes use of .tri files as well obviously so you might want to at least build the morphs even if you don't fix the clipping in Outfit Studio (3B in the tutorial, conform selected; and 3D, making sure to select build morphs).

Author of the topic Posted
1 hour ago, Chompy said:

I took a quick look at it and there's a couple of things immediately. Body S V1 has two SAM bodies in it. Gloves and GlovesH have the HIMBO-SAM conversion body instead of the SAM hands. The others seem fine. But I also can't tell if something is going wrong after you've built it in BS.

Oh, I hadn't noticed that there are 2 SAM bodies, I'll check that. Gloves, also weird, I thought I saved it with SAM hands... maybe I just overwrote  the original also. I'll check that.

is the body disappearing only when you equip a certain piece?

Yes, with every piece the related bodypart disappears.

What part did you skip exactly from the tutorial? I don't know what would happen if you didn't at least conform to sliders, HIMBO makes use of .tri files as well obviously so you might want to at least build the morphs even if you don't fix the clipping in Outfit Studio (3B in the tutorial, conform selected; and 3D, making sure to select build morphs).

I followed the guide from: "Part B: Refitting the Outfit" to "Part D : Exporting the project", I only skipped  the slider-part in 4B, because I didn't have any working sliders or any slider named sam, samson or weight.

Thank you for helping! :)

Author

It certainly doesn't look like the result of what following the tutorial should get you 😅

Keep in mind that the end purpose of the Himbo to SAM Conversion file is not to actually make a Himbo outfit work with SAM, it's just to give the outfit a shape closer to SAM so that you can do the refit with fewer adjustments. You still have to follow the entire refit guide. As a rule of thumb for following any guide, if something doesn't look right, you shouldn't just ignore it and skip those steps. You have to go back through the steps and figure out what you missed 😉

The proper way to use that himbo file is to load it in outfit studio, set the himbo conversion as reference, add in the _0.nif from the outfit you have, select all its parts (except body parts, you would delete those as they're unnecessary), and press "conform"

After you conform, you have to click that pencil icon next to the slider and then File > Export to NIF. Now you follow the refitting guide from the start, using this new .nif as your starting file. The conversion is just giving you a better shape to start working with.

The only difference is that since the himbo conversion uses the 0 weight files, you'll need to do the refit using the optional weight 0 to 1 slider sets from the download in the refitting tutorial

Author of the topic Posted

Yeah, I've redone my steps and now it works. I don't know where my mistake was, but now it works.
Thank you for your heads up and for pointing out:

As a rule of thumb for following any guide, if something doesn't look right, you shouldn't just ignore it and skip those steps. You have to go back through the steps and figure out what you missed 😉

So true 😅

Author

Keep spirit up. Himbo to sam still good for beginner. Our reference body very accurate for shape. Wait until you refit 3BA super size boobs + super hips to male.......total emotional damage.

PUF.gif.7103b7320adc2372d39292a8333c21b4.gif