Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

rhavik

SAM - Vanilla Armor

This is a refit of all of the vanilla armors in the game. Every armor should be included in here, excluding those from dawnguard and dragonborn. I did not refit any of the clothing. These refits are not revealing or skimpy, I am sorry if that disappoints. There may be some clipping when you apply a very high value of samson or samuel with high values of the bone scaling turned on. 

SAM Armor - Main.7z

Author
1 hour ago, tiranno71 said:

why you spent time to convert them when already exists a conversion?

It's a reupload. rhavik made some of the vanilla conversion in the past.

The Forsworn armor doesn't seem to scale with Samson and Samuel morphs for some reason, and there's slight clipping on the hide armor straps on the back.

Other than that, I haven't found anything else wrong. Thank you for taking the time to do these refits!

Author
26 minutes ago, warfreed said:

What is the difference of this file to what is in the SAM core dowload page?

SAM core only have a few refits. This file is for every vanilla armor in the game.

Hi I just noticed something.

When I put on the Forsworn gauntlets they seem to make my hands smaller and it glitches when using the Samson slider. I do have the hands fix and the HDT physics extension installed but this has not fixed the issue

Minor bug.

Very rarely, I h ave this  problem with ebony and leather glove armor parts:

https://imgur.com/a/k0rdY

When I remove your new mesh files and revert to SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits, the bug is fixed. Strangely it only happens with random or hostile encounter .

For exp. I gave Faendal  full set of Leather Armor that he wears all the time courtesy of Amazing Follower Tweaks and the bug newer appeared on him. 

Later, while fighting some bandits one had leather armor gloves and they looked like ebony ones in the image except with brownish tint.

If I loot them and equip them on my character they display like they normally do. If click on the dead bandit in the console window and give resetinventory command, with every outfit toggled if it  contains leather gloves  they would look like that. When I had the Mercenary encounter in the image I tried it again with the same results.

Fyi, I use Book of Silence textures, but it happens with vanilla ones to. 

Aside from this I love your work. When you see the worn armors in the game, they look better fitting and accurate than SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits.

3 hours ago, LazyBoy said:

Minor bug.

Very rarely, I h ave this  problem with ebony and leather glove armor parts:

https://imgur.com/a/k0rdY

When I remove your new mesh files and revert to SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits, the bug is fixed. Strangely it only happens with random or hostile encounter .

For exp. I gave Faendal  full set of Leather Armor that he wears all the time courtesy of Amazing Follower Tweaks and the bug newer appeared on him. 

Later, while fighting some bandits one had leather armor gloves and they looked like ebony ones in the image except with brownish tint.

If I loot them and equip them on my character they display like they normally do. If click on the dead bandit in the console window and give resetinventory command, with every outfit toggled if it  contains leather gloves  they would look like that. When I had the Mercenary encounter in the image I tried it again with the same results.

Fyi, I use Book of Silence textures, but it happens with vanilla ones to. 

Aside from this I love your work. When you see the worn armors in the game, they look better fitting and accurate than SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits.

Here is an example of leather armor glove bug:

https://imgur.com/a/24HKb

And it appears that my claim that  bug only happens with random/enemy npc's is incorrect.

That is Dirge in the screenshot .

From what I can gather i think it's a memory issue do do with skyrim using a lot of ram. With me, re-equipping the item seems to fix it but other than that I'm not sure what to recommend.

Author

Some armor can behave like that. I did experience this with some armor too. But as long as i can tolerate it, i think no problem. Re equipping can solve this almost 100 percent.

When I use armor on my character it newer happens, only rarely on npc's like once in several hours. It's no big deal, I just wanted to report the issue since I like this stuff more than SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits. I can always delete the meshes  for leather and ebony gloves and place those from  SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits since I don't get this bug with them.   

I've only really seen it with the geralt armour for some reason but then again I don't push my graphics too far. I'm hoping this is one of the niggles that's fixed in SE with it's better memory management.

11 hours ago, naama123 said:

is this mod still active? I don't see any refits that change Miner's clothes or the other generic clothing items. this is causing a neck gap

SAM-Vanilla-Skyrim-Refits on the main SAM download page includes new meshes for the miner's clothes and seem to cover all vanilla outfits. So if you're still getting a neck gap with that installed it's likely another issue.

Hi, i can definitely confirm the extreme neck gaps with the various "Clothes", Mage Robes and other outfits.

dgw5ZyOr_o.jpg

Well if anyone claims that this wasn't a problem by the official SAM vanilla refits, perhaps you could post a screenshot proving that this works in your game?

@naama123 - If you put SAM before USLEEP in Mod Organizer, all you get is that the game loads the vanilla outfit meshes from USLEEP instead of SAM. You can test by using an extreme morph (Samson 100) and taking the clothes off and on again.

This also causes even more problems like the Iron Armor (and anything else fixed in USLEEP) reverting to vanilla meshes and textures.

Furthermore this won't fix the major issue of SAM that some outfits are either missing the morphs or are not converted at all (Forsworn etc), so it's not just the game showing the wrong textures but the seams of the hands and feet don't match leaving a fairly large gap.

On 12/9/2017 at 12:01 AM, guk said:

Hi, i can definitely confirm the extreme neck gaps with the various "Clothes", Mage Robes and other outfits.

dgw5ZyOr_o.jpg

Well if anyone claims that this wasn't a problem by the official SAM vanilla refits, perhaps you could post a screenshot proving that this works in your game?

@naama123 - If you put SAM before USLEEP in Mod Organizer, all you get is that the game loads the vanilla outfit meshes from USLEEP instead of SAM. You can test by using an extreme morph (Samson 100) and taking the clothes off and on again.

This also causes even more problems like the Iron Armor (and anything else fixed in USLEEP) reverting to vanilla meshes and textures.

Furthermore this won't fix the major issue of SAM that some outfits are either missing the morphs or are not converted at all (Forsworn etc), so it's not just the game showing the wrong textures but the seams of the hands and feet don't match leaving a fairly large gap.

you're right, SAM vanilla refits is not working right. this mod is not finished ...