Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Ju Erdene

Converting 3D armpit hair

Hi guys! I recently discovered a new WIP mod on loverslab, it's 3D armpit hair for females. I thought this would be fantastic if I could convert them for SAM body.

Unfortunately, I have not the required knowledge as of now to make it myself, I know how to make some basic refits for SAM thanks to air's guide here on this site, but nothing more I'm afraid. I talked with mod's author on loverslab, and he is okay with his work being converted for SAM, he also gave me some t-pose sliders for Outfit studio to help.

Problem is, I have no clue where to start... I could give it a try, but then I would need a step by step tutorial. Oh, and I should mention I'm on LE using SAM full

My question is, does anyone know what I should do and where to start?

Or, but that's a lot to ask, could someone experienced enough have a try?

In any case that would be very kind and many thanks in advance!

Author of the topic Posted

Excellent gif XD

Well yes 100 percent sure about that, it's exactly what I would need for several characters I made. It may not be everyone's taste I get that, but I'm sure many would still be interested.

Thank you if you try, but I will understand if you change your mind after all : )

Author

This one feels good for a compromise between normal and bushy. No way I give my armpit hairs thicker than my Premium Broom from Ace Hardware.

Desktop_2022_09_27_04_16_46_850.thumb.jpg.5b948a09484c826e179c319e5a1f65fb.jpg

Wew I don't like this for truth. The position and bones weight even better than female version ( Not stretch  and natural ) but the textures really bad. This hair not using any alpha textures and relying on meshes shape. Better make this from 3d pubes from SOS. Much better than this one. It looks like raw meshes than armpit hair to me. Better patient and find better one with better textures.

Desktop_2022_09_27_04_54_06_227.jpg

Edited by SavrenX

Yes you're right, it does not look right on the second one, better have nothing at all in this case. But first one looks good. Ah yes, using SoS 3d pubes could be a good idea indeed.

But thanks again for trying, but please don't feel forced to go any further if you don't like what you're doing, I understand and it's all right! It's already very kind of you for having a look at it!

Hi guys, so after many tries I finally ended up getting something working! I converted only one of the five armpit hair styles, I wasn't sure I could even succeed. Here are pictures of the progress!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now I do have a question :

Those armpit hairs are supposed to be of the same colour of your character's hair in racemenu. I checked the nifs, and indeed under BSLightingShaderProperty I can read Hair Tint.

So they should be of the same colour than the one you use for the hair right? Except, they don't and appear white / grey, same as the texture the nifs use.

On my pictures you can see it is already the approximatively right colours, but that's because I set the Hair Tint Colour in the nif directly under BSLightingShaderProperty to be brown. So no matter what hairstyle colour I set in racemenu, say blonde for example, armpit hair will reamin brown because of the change I made.

So, is it supposed to be like that and there's no way to change colour dynamically with racemenu hair colour? Or is it because I am doing something wrong?

Oh, and I should mention I am on LE using SAM Full, so it may have something to do with it?

If I ever succeed converting everything properly ( that's a big if ), well I may then ask the author of the mod if it's all right to share!

But in the meanwhile thanks to anyone who will enlighten me! :)

PS: I hope my English isn't too bad!

13 hours ago, Ju Erdene said:

So, is it supposed to be like that and there's no way to change colour dynamically with racemenu hair colour? Or is it because I am doing something wrong?

From a quick search:

...you need to enable "SLSF1_Hair_Soft_Lighting" in the Shader Flags 1... do it on both nitrishape shader.

or

Step One:  [Nifskope] Editing the Meshes.

Open the mesh in Nifscope.
Go to 0 NiNode > NiTrishapeData > BSLightingShaderProperty.
In the Block Details window for BSLightingShaderProperty, you will need to edit:

Skyrim Shader Type

Shader Flags 1

Shader Flags 2

[skyrim Shader Type] Change the Value of Skyrim Shader Type by double-clicking on the value field and changing it to HAIR TINT.

[shader Flags 1] For Shader Flags 1, double-click on it's Value field and you'll get a drop-down list.  Check (add) the following flags:

SLSF1_Hair Soft_Lighting.

[shader Flags 2] For Shader Flags 2, double-click on it's Value field and you'll get a drop-down list.  Check (add) the following flags:

SLSF2_Vertex_Colors

SLSF2_Assume_Shadowmask

Save the mesh.
Done.

Author of the topic Posted (edited)

Thank you very much!! I'll have to try this later, thanks again!

EDIT : Okay, so I tried as discribed, but hair will remain grey / white

EDIT 2 : Nevermind! It's working! I simply had to change my character hair colour in racemenu to sync armpit hair colour!

So it does work in the end, thanks again! I think I'll try refit all hairs properly now.

Edited by Ju Erdene

Oh man great progress, this is amazing.

If I ever succeed converting everything properly ( that's a big if ), well I may then ask the author of the mod if it's all right to share!

Yes please! Would love to see it happen, I don't have proper experience in modding so you are being the savior here. All the good luck to you!

Author of the topic Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, GTom said:

Oh man great progress, this is amazing.

Yes please! Would love to see it happen, I don't have proper experience in modding so you are being the savior here. All the good luck to you!

Thanks a lot, but I have a hard time having hairs being attached at the right spot and move with armpit area correctly... I know it will look distorted even if done correctly, but it really does not look right on some hairs styles.

I'm only somehow happy with the one I showed on screenshots. And well I am not very experienced with converting stuff, bodyslide, tes5edit etc etc, so my edits are kind of wonky.

I don't even know how to pack a mod correctly, but I can still share the files I modified if you want! They will all use slot 50 decapitated head, so I guess you should avoid getting a head chopped while they are equipped?

Keep in mind I converted them for SAM Full and LE, so I think it won't work with SAM light or SE.

Here you go https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6PVwpw713ziTyY0Ty3aHKBmyuW?e=hdBDuh

Let me know if the link is working or not

EDIT : forgot to mention, hairs will look white / grey until you go to racemenu and reapply hair colour, or you can simply use this mod instead and colour will apply on save load and won't reset each time!

Edited by Ju Erdene

On 10/24/2022 at 7:09 PM, Ju Erdene said:

Thanks a lot, but I have a hard time having hairs being attached at the right spot and move with armpit area correctly... I know it will look distorted even if done correctly, but it really does not look right on some hairs styles.

I'm only somehow happy with the one I showed on screenshots. And well I am not very experienced with converting stuff, bodyslide, tes5edit etc etc, so my edits are kind of wonky.

I don't even know how to pack a mod correctly, but I can still share the files I modified if you want! They will all use slot 50 decapitated head, so I guess you should avoid getting a head chopped while they are equipped?

Keep in mind I converted them for SAM Full and LE, so I think it won't work with SAM light or SE.

Here you go https://1drv.ms/u/s!As6PVwpw713ziTyY0Ty3aHKBmyuW?e=hdBDuh

Let me know if the link is working or not

EDIT : forgot to mention, hairs will look white / grey until you go to racemenu and reapply hair colour, or you can simply use this mod instead and colour will apply on save load and won't reset each time!

It is possible to make sliders for bodyslide ( to make bigger fur)? I tried many times and i failed xd Btw mod working on SE

Edited by Rakky

Eeer, no I've no idea how to make sliders to change hairs size. However I know I already changed the scale compared to the original files to make it bigger. Problem is, my Skyrim became quite unstable, I tried many things to fix it but I get crashes when nearing some areas of the game, and I stopped playing it for months now... I'm quite desperated :(  So it makes it hard to test things in-game.

Still glad to hear it work on SE I didn't expect it would, thanks for pointing this out!

On 3/30/2023 at 4:53 PM, Ju Erdene said:

Eeer, no I've no idea how to make sliders to change hairs size. However I know I already changed the scale compared to the original files to make it bigger. Problem is, my Skyrim became quite unstable, I tried many things to fix it but I get crashes when nearing some areas of the game, and I stopped playing it for months now... I'm quite desperated :(  So it makes it hard to test things in-game.

Still glad to hear it work on SE I didn't expect it would, thanks for pointing this out!

I'm sorry to hear that you can't enjoy the game because of errors.

I understand you have the versions with changed scales? If so, can you post it. I would be happy to test it. :)

16 hours ago, Rakky said:

I'm sorry to hear that you can't enjoy the game because of errors.

I understand you have the versions with changed scales? If so, can you post it. I would be happy to test it. :)

Ah, no actually what you have right now is the scaled version. It originally was designed for females and was looking too short on males. I tried making them even larger, but then it wouldn't look attached correctly to the pits. 

Still if anyone is interested they can use the modifications I already did, I don't need to be mentioned or given any credits for it. But thank you for proposing your help for testing though, that would have been kind and helpful!