Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Sign in to follow this  
KouLeifoh

Mod Feedback

Author

With the recent advent of ADXP|MCO, SCAR, and poise mods, a stamina system is necessary for gameplay balance.  ADXP|MCO + SCAR allow enemies to chain infinite combos while poise mods potentially trigger constant staggers.  None of the mods I've tried that offered a stamina system really worked in the way I wanted.

I'm currently working on a Dodge Attack Stamina (DAS) framework mod that's written entirely as an SKSE plugin for SE/AE.  It consists of a dodge framework, dodge stamina system, and attack stamina system.  Since I'm not versed enough in the myriad of mods out there that offer similar features, I'm asking the folks here for some feedback on the features.

Dodge Framework

• Sprintkey dodge + hotkey dodge are implemented and currently supports dodge animations from DMCO (8-way dodge) and TK Dodge (4-way dodge).
  • I like DMCO's double tap feature and implemented it for TK dodge animations (single tap for step dodge, double tap for dodge roll).
  • The ultimate goal is to create my own Nemesis patch for animations, but that's a low priority.

Dodge Stamina

• Stamina cost for dodge is based on the player's body weight and player's equipment weight.  This allows light/cloth armor to use less stamina for dodging as a way to balance poise mods that favor heavy armor.
  • DMCO is an amazing dodge mod, but I just do not like its implementation of the stamina cost (as of v0.96).  TK Dodge simply has a fixed stamina cost.

Attack Stamina

• Stamina cost is based on weapon weight for melee/bow/crossbow attacks and magicka cost for magic attacks.  Affects player and NPCs.
  • For melee attacks, the stamina cost is applied per weapon swing event.  For example, a dual wield attack animation consists of 3 weapon swings (right, left, right) on a single button press.  The stamina cost is applied for each weapon swing using the weight of the weapon that was used in each swing.
  • For bow/crossbow, stamina cost is applied during bow draw and again during arrow release.  Crossbow works in reverse (bolt release, bolt reload).
  • For magic attacks, the cost is applied after a spell cast.  Currently, concentration spells have a single cost.  I haven't figured out how to hook into the spell cast function to apply cost per second.

The multipliers for dodge stamina and attack stamina can be individually configured by the player.  All the features listed are fully implemented and functional.

you might wanna check valhalla combat in nexus, u gain stamina for each successful normal attack but still losing stamina when doing power attack
for blocked / missed attack you will lose stamina too, but if you do a perfect block, you replenish your stamina, kinda flexible because you can tweak then via MCM

Author

Stamina cost melee based on weapon weight ? Now that's good one. From what I read here I think your goal very good and no complaint from me.

Edited by SavrenX

On 9/25/2022 at 12:42 PM, KouLeifoh said:

With the recent advent of ADXP|MCO, SCAR, and poise mods, a stamina system is necessary for gameplay balance.  ADXP|MCO + SCAR allow enemies to chain infinite combos while poise mods potentially trigger constant staggers.  None of the mods I've tried that offered a stamina system really worked in the way I wanted.

I'm currently working on a Dodge Attack Stamina (DAS) framework mod that's written entirely as an SKSE plugin for SE/AE.  It consists of a dodge framework, dodge stamina system, and attack stamina system.  Since I'm not versed enough in the myriad of mods out there that offer similar features, I'm asking the folks here for some feedback on the features.

Dodge Framework

• Sprintkey dodge + hotkey dodge are implemented and currently supports dodge animations from DMCO (8-way dodge) and TK Dodge (4-way dodge).
  • I like DMCO's double tap feature and implemented it for TK dodge animations (single tap for step dodge, double tap for dodge roll).
  • The ultimate goal is to create my own Nemesis patch for animations, but that's a low priority.

Dodge Stamina

• Stamina cost for dodge is based on the player's body weight and player's equipment weight.  This allows light/cloth armor to use less stamina for dodging as a way to balance poise mods that favor heavy armor.
  • DMCO is an amazing dodge mod, but I just do not like its implementation of the stamina cost (as of v0.96).  TK Dodge simply has a fixed stamina cost.

Attack Stamina

• Stamina cost is based on weapon weight for melee/bow/crossbow attacks and magicka cost for magic attacks.  Affects player and NPCs.
  • For melee attacks, the stamina cost is applied per weapon swing event.  For example, a dual wield attack animation consists of 3 weapon swings (right, left, right) on a single button press.  The stamina cost is applied for each weapon swing using the weight of the weapon that was used in each swing.
  • For bow/crossbow, stamina cost is applied during bow draw and again during arrow release.  Crossbow works in reverse (bolt release, bolt reload).
  • For magic attacks, the cost is applied after a spell cast.  Currently, concentration spells have a single cost.  I haven't figured out how to hook into the spell cast function to apply cost per second.

The multipliers for dodge stamina and attack stamina can be individually configured by the player.  All the features listed are fully implemented and functional.

That sounds interesting, I'm using Cobb Encumbrance and Fighting Fatigue trying to simulate something like real combat. Fighting Fatigue lets choose between 1h, 2h and projectiles which is basic but enough. I must point that the weight itself don't determines the amount of stamina needed to use it.

Let me explain. One of the most tiring weapons is the rapier, it's not that heavy and it's 1h, but because is intended to use with the arm extended is only supportable by trained fencers, that's why a lance being twice the weight is less tiring than a rapier. So, in conclusion, the stamina is per specific type of weapon and how is their intended use (In Fighting Fatigue I always set 1h and 2h at the same level for that reason). As a side note, all weapons in Skyrim are wrong in weight, length or speed (or wrong in the three parameters) and correcting that could be a daunting task (yes, I tried to make a mod correcting all vanilla weapons).

Also is important to note that with Fighting Fatigue you can set the amount of stamina required for running, swimming and sneaking. And that is crucial because otherwise we are favoring magicians. As you can suspect stamina becomes the equivalent of magicka for fighters, but setting the mentioned stamina cost per movement you ensure that everyone needs some amount.