Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LucasTheFox

SAM Light not showing in BodySlide

I try to use SAM with Devious Devices and I need to change a few thing fot it to not invisible but for some reason non of the present show beside CBBE. The game still run fine just invisible when I use Devious Devices

can anyone help me? 

my understanding is the SAM light has no Bodyslides, that's why you don't see them.  Moreover, the reason for that, best I understand it (I'm a competent implementer of mods, not a creator), is that creating Bodyslides for an updated SAM body (which is the reason SAM light exists - the old one is effectively useless in most SE, and all AE, iterations) would involve treading on the original creators' project without their explicit permission to do so.

This is why there are controversial versions out there, created by those who've essentially said "Eff it..." and they've gone ahead and just worked on SAM anyway and created physics and Bodyslide SAM bodies based on SAM light and the new hi-poly SAM light.  It's all a mess.  I've spent inordinately more time (say, 5x), personally, trying to nail down the optimal body and skin in my game for male characters than I have for the female characters (not hard, there's two choices and both have decent support, one more than others, easy choice there) and I'M A F*****G STRAIGHT MAN!!!!!!    ............Soooooooo, I share your frustration, if for possibly different reasons.  I've been trying to find a good male body and skin so I can use Autobody, and populate the world with a variety of male and female characters, while having my own character look like a badass god, but to do so, I need a base body that has Bodyslides.  I prefer the shape of the SAM body over everything out there by a mile, but it seems tragically lost to the void of unobtainable permissions.

I hope I'm wrong and missing something.  Was a longtime heavy modder of LE, and only briefly played SE in 2017 before coming back to the game recently.  If there is a way to make SAM work with some of the best skins out there (something up there with Bits and Pieces or Skysight), AND have Bodyslides, and I've missed it, someone please bang me over the head with the links...Also, and not the SAM Light rip offs, I'm aware of those, but 1) it seems they do not have permissions to use the resources, and 2) there's not much support for them skin-wise either.  I realize permissions are more of a website-website rule and operate under the locus of etiquette, not law, but I like to be a respectable member of the community, so, I don't require it to be legally enforceable to respect it.