Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nachtigall Miseme

Hello little help

Author

For SSE there's no installation guide. Since there is no full version of SAM for SE, the installation is very straightforward. 

The bare minimum is SAM Light. It is just a body replacer, there is no scaling or morphing supported. Vanilla armor refits are included as an installation option with SAM Light, I believe.

If you want scaling and morphing, then you can also get SAM Morphs for RaceMenu. Technically it's not required but I think this is the most important "optional" mod for someone who wants to use SAM Light as there would be no SAM morphs without it unless you build them into the mesh before-hand. The requirements are listed on the mod page.

After that, everything else is really optional.

If you want HDT, you can install HDT BBB Bounce for SAM. The requirements are listed on the mod page.

If you want the high poly body, you can install SAM High Poly Conversion

If you want different textures, then you can install SAM Light Texture Add-on. Or any of the other textures that you like

Anything beyond that is extremely optional. Some are using "Schlongs of SAM Light continuation" or "Schlongs of SAM Light update" which basically installs SoS and allows SoS functionality over the genitals. For some clothes or armor mods it might be necessary. But then also it might not be compatible with other ones. 

Author

I had the same problems when I was transferring my SAM Full Setup to Sam Light. You basically won't be using much/or anything from SAM Full, mostly because Racemenu has changed a bit and old tris can't even be loaded on it.
I ended converting on my end most of the stuff I liked using BodySlide, but I'm sure if you don't want to have problems, you will stay with the stuff for SE only and start anew.

Like air mentioned, start with Sam Light, if your computer can handle, get High Poly Conversion, you can also get High Poly Head if you want.
After getting those and if you want/need, you can install physics for it with HDT-BBB. Just remember to get/install all the requirements, and download/install FSMP - Faster HDT-SMP instead HDT-SMP. HDT-BBB has two versions, a low poly and a high poly, use High poly in case you're using High Poly Conversion.
If you want to have part of the functionality of SAM Full, and I mean the morphs from it, get SAM-Morphs-For-Racemenu. It will do the trick of injecting Samson/Samuel morph into the Player, but it also has a Bodygen feature to inject on npcs as well, you can even edit the body gen file if you want to customize injections.

Like air already stated: You won't be seeing a lot of texture swappings like you did on SAM Full, the player and even the npcs will be using the same textures, unless you configure them to use another manually using Racemenu spell that comes with SAM-Morphs - but I think you shouldn't use it for swapping textures, mostly because this feature isn't perfect and the textures get some interference when the game is applying overlays used by other mods.
Body hair feature on SAM Morphs works flawless and without the mentioned problem above.

Another thing, SAM light doesn't support slot 52 like SAM Full, the schlong is now part of the body, and shares space with it on its textures files, so you have to use textures that match its meshes (that if you don't want to use the textures that come with SAM Light, otherwise there's no reason to replace them).
Underwear and other pieces that share this slot will overlap with SAM Light schlong.

Just don't mix/use SAM Full stuff with SAM Light. All the things you will need are on the mentioned links above and there's a lot of mods in the Downloads Section for SAM Light, you just have to search a bit.

Author

It will. And I suggest that you change to SE. I mean, there's a ton of reasons: but mostly, better performance, stability, better support for mods, lots of cool and interesting mods being released every day using skse, papyrus, c++ and more mods that you can install/merge or even turn into light plugins to not fall to the dread limitation that "Oldrim" have.

It isn't easy though, because such good reasons often can make you greedy while you install a lot of useless stuff and cause more harm than you could possible dream... Everyone struggles - even I - today to solve conflicts, but there's a lot of info/tools to help you do that. All that you have to do is do a google search/read through mod descriptions and comments from previous users, follow a video guide or even follow a youtuber like GamerPoets, to start modding for SE - he has a lot of guides and tutorials to start on that.

There's a lot of people using lists with tons of mods on their load order, like more than 1k plugins, yet that is a result of a lot of experimentation and work on their end. I never dreamed to go beyond 125 - I'm actually on 477 and yet struggling to lower that number every time something on my game doesn't work the way I like.

There's always the option of using curated mod lists from other users, but even that will require a lot of reading and work on your end.

If you want to keep things simple: Just start from where air and I already pointed. While it seems like a lot of reading and stuff to download, KouLeifoh took a lot of time and patience to make stuff simple and explain the whole required steps to make their stuff work. And if even there you can't figure how to install stuff on your own, start with the basics like searching how to use a mod manager where you will be able to control your game. Again Mod Organizer 2 is a good start for anyone. Gamerpoets have a nice guide on how to start on that, this forum has some pinned guides on how to download and organize stuff too, again search will be your best friend while you're working on it.

I wish you luck because like I said before: everyone struggles, but this game has aged a lot and while it seems old, it still pretty relevant, even today. It isn't really hard to find answer to your questions, and usually, searching and reading through stuff is still the best practice anyone can make prior asking what it has been told a lot of times.

Author

That is up to you. I'm using a downgraded 1.5.97 with best of both words.

This is because a few mods still weren't ported to 1.6.353. In my case, I'm sticking to this version because Custom Skills Framework hasn't been ported or received an alternate version yet (I think)… I probably have more mods that are on the same situation... But if you're starting now and anew, you better stay with 1.6.353 stuff.

This versions issue is the only thing you have to watch out for now... I mean, before downloading/installing stuff, check if it's working for 1.6.353 or what people usually call it "AE" (Anniversary Edition). And if you're downloading 1.5.97 stuff because you need for a specific mod like in my case, just don't mix with mods for 1.6.353 - In case of doubt: Read the description page and the mod description on download tab.