Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sugarjax

Atomic Muscle Refit Attempt

I'm trying to mash up a couple clothes so it covers my junk, i like that it's anatomically correct, just don't need it flappin' in the wind and scraping barbed fences on my adventures. Would anyone know how to make this outfit work? The harness does but the short don't lol Both are not mine and they're from here... apparently it's not as easy to do as i thought it would be.

Screenshot (34).pngScreenshot (35).png

Author

hello @Sugarjax, im very happy to see you trying something on your own 😄
Have you tried following this guide i wrote?

If anything, you can hop on our server to give more live support through your process of refitting

Author of the topic Posted

Lol thanks for the guide, I'll look through that and see how much i can absorb... i have this thing where i can read something 20 times and not remember a thing i read haha 

Hop on the server? would that be the discord link in your signature?

So, i read that article as thoroughly as I could. Even though the links no longer exist, I could still pretty much follow it. Yet even after that and watching 2-3 tutorials on youtube, i still haven't gotten it right lol. Am i supposed to have an atomic muscle preset? I have no idea how to add the slider to the chaps. What i do is open the mesh in outfit studio, remove the body mesh, save it, go into FO4Edit and switch slots most likely to under-armor.  Which works for making the outfit into armor. I just haven't understood what step i'm missing after i add a reference mesh to the original mesh... all I've done there, is slap the shorts on the harness and save it... then the harness follows the sliders but the shorts don't. I have a feeling it's because there are no sliders to specify the growth of the shorts... and thats where i'm kinda lost.

Author
On 1/5/2021 at 5:10 PM, Sugarjax said:

Lol thanks for the guide, I'll look through that and see how much i can absorb... i have this thing where i can read something 20 times and not remember a thing i read haha 

Hop on the server? would that be the discord link in your signature?

So, i read that article as thoroughly as I could. Even though the links no longer exist, I could still pretty much follow it. Yet even after that and watching 2-3 tutorials on youtube, i still haven't gotten it right lol. Am i supposed to have an atomic muscle preset? I have no idea how to add the slider to the chaps. What i do is open the mesh in outfit studio, remove the body mesh, save it, go into FO4Edit and switch slots most likely to under-armor.  Which works for making the outfit into armor. I just haven't understood what step i'm missing after i add a reference mesh to the original mesh... all I've done there, is slap the shorts on the harness and save it... then the harness follows the sliders but the shorts don't. I have a feeling it's because there are no sliders to specify the growth of the shorts... and thats where i'm kinda lost.

yeah, discord server.

No you are not supposed to have a preset for atomic muscle

First i recommend you to follow all the steps shown in the guide with the outfit used (i just reuploaded the outfit, thanks for reporting). This way, you'll understand the whole process of refitting. Then you can try yourself with another piece of outfit.

But to sum up, there's no way to "directly" add the sliders to the outfit. You simply conform to sliders (so it'll move according based on geometry and topology). Some cases, you'll have to fix the clippings and distortions from this conforming. Anyway, just follow all the steps with the outfit i provided and you'll definitely understand.

Author of the topic Posted

it turned out pretty good. Turns out i was missing one key feature, When installing Atomic muscle and It's related outfits, I didn't Check the modder box for the resources.... *sigh* It is however, rewarding to learn the process, than have it done for you. :) thanks for the help and pushing me in the right direction!