Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nyctus

Progress and Problems with SAM (and maybe SOS)

I made some significant progress getting SAM to work, but I got some glaring issues with some things.

20170115233645_1.jpg20170115233446_1.jpg20170115233506_1.jpg20170115233525_1.jpg

For some reason, SAM or maybe SOS (Shlongs of Skyrim) does not like Orc bodies or something. It causes the game to crash the moment I take off my body armor piece to see if I was successful. Are SAM and SOS not compatible?

Another thing with armor and some clothing is that it appears fine until a second after, then things start getting screwy. And from one of the screenshots, you can see the Windhelm Guard's forearm texture showing through his torso and a little bit of the bikini brief showing through his thigh.

Also, the penis model has some weird texture problem as well. Do SAM and SOS have a model conflict if I choose one or the other? Here is my mod order just in case.

modorder.PNG

Author

SAM and SOS don't work together, only use one. I'm assuming you use NMM for your mods from the look of the screenshot, which if its the case, you'll have to reinstall SAM to fix the body issue.

The Vanilla DLC should be loaded Dawnguard, Hearthfire then Dragonborn.

SMIM should probably be higher in your load order, under USLEEP, as should SkyUI I believe

Also the Dawnguard patch.esp should be below the Shape Atlas for Men.esp, since its the core esp.

Edit: If it is the case you use NMM I would suggest switching to Mod Organizer, its just overall better since it doesn't directly overwrite files. I would also suggest downloading the XP32MSE skeleton (and it's requirements) over on LoversLab or on Nexus, it's compatible with both SOS and SAM, and should be loaded after them.

Author of the topic Posted
18 hours ago, Arenirn said:

SAM and SOS don't work together, only use one. I'm assuming you use NMM for your mods from the look of the screenshot, which if its the case, you'll have to reinstall SAM to fix the body issue.

The Vanilla DLC should be loaded Dawnguard, Hearthfire then Dragonborn.

SMIM should probably be higher in your load order, under USLEEP, as should SkyUI I believe

Also the Dawnguard patch.esp should be below the Shape Atlas for Men.esp, since its the core esp.

Edit: If it is the case you use NMM I would suggest switching to Mod Organizer, its just overall better since it doesn't directly overwrite files. I would also suggest downloading the XP32MSE skeleton (and it's requirements) over on LoversLab or on Nexus, it's compatible with both SOS and SAM, and should be loaded after them.

I do use NMM for my mods, but I will take up your suggestion on using Mod Organizer. What precautions should I take before I make the switch to Mod Organizer?

Author
8 minutes ago, Nyctus said:

I do use NMM for my mods, but I will take up your suggestion on using Mod Organizer. What precautions should I take before I make the switch to Mod Organizer?

Switching to MO from NMM, I would suggest uninstalling all your mods, as MO uses it's own system of mod placement and reading, where NMM installs them in the Skyrim installation folder, MO makes it's own separate folder outside the Skyrim installation location, and just to make sure that everything that NMM did to the Skyrim files, doing a clean re-install of the game, it's tedious, but well worth it

Edit: Just as an example of how MO installs mods, I've added a screenshot, it creates a folder for each mod installed so it doesn't replace files, unlike NMM which tends to cause problems for some people

eth.JPG

4 minutes ago, Arenirn said:

Switching to MO from NMM, I would suggest uninstalling all your mods, as MO uses it's own system of mod placement and reading, where NMM installs them in the Skyrim installation folder, MO makes it's own separate folder outside the Skyrim installation location, and just to make sure that everything that NMM did to the Skyrim files, doing a clean re-install of the game, it's tedious, but well worth it

Is there anyway I can do a clean install of Skyrim without having to download the game again?

My internet is soooo slow... ;_;

Author
Just now, Nyctus said:

Is there anyway I can do a clean install of Skyrim without having to download the game again?

Not that I'm aware of, the main reason for clean re-install when changing from NMM to MO is really because NMM makes changes to the Data folder, which is where 12gb of the 13gb that make up Skyrim are..

I know how you feel about crap internet, I live in Australia, and here the internet is awful no matter where you are ;w;

7 hours ago, Nyctus said:

If you delete everything except the .bsa files steam will only download the missing files it needs to when you click "Verify Game Cache".

On a somewhat related note, does anyone have access to / saved a copy of my SAM tutorial post since I think that'll clear up a lot of recent questions people have been asking.

6 hours ago, sentiao said:

I have some question. sam body last update need skse?

If you want to access to the MCM, texture and morphing features yes, it does.

5 hours ago, Naurdor said:

On a somewhat related note, does anyone have access to / saved a copy of my SAM tutorial post since I think that'll clear up a lot of recent questions people have been asking.

Which tutorial was that?

Author
9 hours ago, Naurdor said:

If you delete everything except the .bsa files steam will only download the missing files it needs to when you click "Verify Game Cache".

You mean this?

Author
2 hours ago, Naurdor said:

Ironically I lack permission to see my own post for some reason, and the entire skyrim modding forum. >.>

I believe that this what you want to read regarding that

You can use this to clean your install so its fresh and clean, after you run it then verify steam game cache.
Skyrim Folder Cleaner http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73080/?

MO is WAAAY better than NMM...  I just got MO2 working on my SkryimSE recently and have finally made the leap away from Oldrim lol, never going back except to port things, this new Skyrim is so stable and smooth even with tons of mods and textures.  Seriously missing SAM tho :( the guys looking somewhat better with a tweaked WICO setup but... not really on par with SAM.

Update Number I forget.:

I got SAM to work and I moved to MO. Now a new problem arises. Only the Samson and Samuel sliders work, the other sliders don't.

I seem to remember there being some trouble with the sliders, but that never happened to me, I had the opposite actually, I could use all the sliders but the samson and samuel sliders, they seemed to make my character a bit wonky looking.  Perhaps you're conflicting with another mod, or the installed nioverride is wrong version?  Vector and others have suggested using an older version of racemenu with SAM in its currently released Old skyrim state.