Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — High Poly Head

hi im having the same problem as bkeul. ive checked my load order and any possible conflicts and could not find anything that could be causing this. ive been playing with high poly heads for a while and this is the first time this has happened to me. the only other vampire centric mods im using are sacrosanct, dawnguard tweaks and enhancements and better vampire fangs and eyes for the blue effect. uninstalled all individually and at once and even tried a new save without them, no luck.

any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: having read a bit more thoroughly on the mod page it looks like the vampire face fix simply does not work at the moment and needs to be updated.

h5RTJge.jpg

YdV11gp.png

Edited by vyrmina

Hey all. I really like this mod, but I would love it more if it worked for me :( I used Mod Organizer 2 to install it, but there are no face parts to change in RaceMenu. It should change to different value, but there aren't any values. 

What could be the problem? Would be rly grafeful for help..

Author
Author of the topic Posted
On 4/19/2021 at 3:08 AM, pdohkm said:

Since many authors forget to mention, could someone tell if it's possible to see, when opening a preset in a text editor, if it supports "Expressive Face Morphs and/or Animation" or any of the other HPH listed options?

EFM replaces the vanilla morphs.  So, it's not really possible to tell by just looking at the preset in a text editor.

On 4/19/2021 at 4:01 PM, sgtdave117 said:

I use vortex and just downloaded this mod. When i go to enable it vortex tells me that its an "incompatible mod archive" and when i click on more it tells me that the mod is intended for use in 2011 skyrim and New Vegas. Any idea how to fix this?

Vortex might be looking for a specific mod structure in the .zip file.  I don't personally use a mod manager, but I do test all of my mods in MO2 for any installation issues.

On 4/19/2021 at 7:58 PM, Waifuchronicles said:

Sorry to take your time... I use Bhunp and high poly head together. All the jiggle things work fine, but only when I put the head meshes back to defaut in (Face parts). I'm pretty annoyed... Do you have any solutions ?

Try changing weight/equipment to force a refresh.  I don't have that issue with using the high poly head mod with HDT-SMP.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:23 PM, vyrmina said:

hi im having the same problem as bkeul. ive checked my load order and any possible conflicts and could not find anything that could be causing this. ive been playing with high poly heads for a while and this is the first time this has happened to me. the only other vampire centric mods im using are sacrosanct, dawnguard tweaks and enhancements and better vampire fangs and eyes for the blue effect. uninstalled all individually and at once and even tried a new save without them, no luck.

any help would be greatly appreciated

edit: having read a bit more thoroughly on the mod page it looks like the vampire face fix simply does not work at the moment and needs to be updated.

The vampire fix just removes the vampire "overlay" to the head mesh on vanilla races to prevent the high poly head from changing back to the vanilla head mesh.

On 5/1/2021 at 8:16 AM, Kitrexx said:

Hey all. I really like this mod, but I would love it more if it worked for me :( I used Mod Organizer 2 to install it, but there are no face parts to change in RaceMenu. It should change to different value, but there aren't any values. 

What could be the problem? Would be rly grafeful for help..

Only vanilla races are supported by RaceMenu out of the box.  If you're using a custom race, it needs some changes to make any of the extra sliders in RaceMenu to work.

On 5/2/2021 at 2:40 PM, DovahBear1997 said:

I wonder does it support a ECE as well , I was planning to use ECE instead of racemenu

Only RaceMenu is supported since it allows the head mesh to be changed in-game.

14 hours ago, KouLeifoh said:

EFM replaces the vanilla morphs.  So, it's not really possible to tell by just looking at the preset in a text editor.

Vortex might be looking for a specific mod structure in the .zip file.  I don't personally use a mod manager, but I do test all of my mods in MO2 for any installation issues.

Try changing weight/equipment to force a refresh.  I don't have that issue with using the high poly head mod with HDT-SMP.

The vampire fix just removes the vampire "overlay" to the head mesh on vanilla races to prevent the high poly head from changing back to the vanilla head mesh.

Only vanilla races are supported by RaceMenu out of the box.  If you're using a custom race, it needs some changes to make any of the extra sliders in RaceMenu to work.

thanks for responding to my issue, the core of the problem is that the vampire head is changing back to vanilla meshes and when i try to convert it back to the high poly mesh the head mesh entirely disappears in racemenu sculpt. does that sound more in line with the issue you mentioned on your mod page or is this something on me? also i was able to duplicate this on a friends save game with completely different load order and mods.

Edited by vyrmina

On 5/6/2021 at 9:08 AM, KouLeifoh said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I play as Nord, I don't use any custom races. Probably, if I still try to make some changes, what would it be? What exactly may I try to do?

Edited by Kitrexx

Author
Author of the topic Posted

@vyrmina  When you manually swap the head mesh back to high poly as a vampire, that seems to introduce other bugs.  It's likely due to the game engine and how head mesh swapping was implemented by RaceMenu.  The general solution is to close RaceMenu after head swapping and then open it again.  There isn't much else I can do about it.

@Kitrexx  Since you're using the vanilla Nord race, there should already be a Face Part slider that goes up to value 2 (value 0/1 is the vanilla head mesh, value 2 is the vampire vanilla head mesh).  My high poly head mod will add 2 more to that list (high poly versions of value 1 and 2).  If the Face Part slider doesn't change from zero, then RaceMenu isn't fully working (possibly a load order or version issue).

i see, unfortunately i've already tried that with no luck. i suppose all i can really do is gut my load order to see if its on my end and just wait for an updated vampire face fix. thanks for taking the time to respond to my posts.

so trying to get my skyrim modded lot of good looking mods want this im useing votex havnt modded in a long time so dont know what im saposed to do to install these mods for the heads says use a mod manager but cant load them to vortex o im doing something wrong

Thanks for a great mod! Where do I get KL's scripts??

Edit: The scripts are at the bottom of the "Download File" on the front page...

Edited by Mindgame

I have several issues here. I tried installing this mod. Installed perfectly through Vortex. I used "showracemenu" directly from a fresh Vanilla save just after being freed by Hadvar. It states I need to choose the Hi Poly head version by changing the "Face Part" slider which I do. Exdept, when I reach Face Part 5, the game CTD (Crashes to Desktop). I have supplied my NetFramework Crash Report in the attachements.

Another thing, I use NO additional hair mods, I only use vanilla hair. The only 2 hair mods I have replace the vanilla hair textures and for some weird reason, many vanila hairs clip through the head making my character look weirdly bald. I also encounter some weird glitches where when the camera is getting too close to the face to the point in dissapears, when moving back, I can see the head looks bigger. So I am wondering if it's not because I need to FIRST choose Face Part 5 which crashes everytime. Can someone guide me to find a possible solution because I searched Google and did not find anything helpful for now.

Thanks!

***EDIT***(2021-05-22): Found my crashing issue. It was a mod called "The Ordinary Women" For some reason, this mod adds an extra option in the "Face Part" permitting a "-1" value and thus, crashing when reaching to 5 since 5 does not exist. As for the weird hair issues, I also did not notice that there was indeed 2 additional exclusive "High Poly Head" options which I did not understand properly. Turns out that there is the base game options, 0. Then, the Dawnguard.esm options, 1 and 2, then the High Poly Head options, 3 and 4 which corespond to the same options than the Dawnguard.esm but using this mod's files.

For some odd reason though, the vampire option forces eyebrows which makes it very awkward
SkyrimSE_HPH_Vampire.png.ff4472ccf7c99dfb43aae6c5b988de4d.png

Aside from that issue, I fixed my crash. with the proper Face Part selected, the hair do not clip anymore. But I'd really love to know why vampire face parts have forced eyebrows.

Crash_2021_5_21_23-37-25.txt

Edited by David Richard
Found partial solution

so i finally got around to installing this mod and have been following a guide for vanilla hair replacer https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/1955 which from as far as i can tell is the same steps for adding HPH to npc's. so my one question is in that guide after regenerating face gen they say you can disable the "npc" patch created with xedit, but im wondering if it's the same with HPH? I know it worked like that for VHR when I added the hair to npc's' andi disabled the plugin. all npc's retained the hair and had no face color issues.

Hi this my first comment and this high poly head is not compatible with vampire eyes mods sadly I tried better vampire fang and eyes and is not working when I activate the high poly in esp but when I remove is work so imo vampire is not fixed and when turning into vampire it doesnt automatically put vampire eyes, I tried showracemenu command and put it manually and the eyes are clipping is like 2 eyes into 1 head

Edited by AlexTheFun

I don't suppose you would consider including support for Ethereal Elven Overhaul morphs? Aesthetic Elves only covers females :( if not, I guess I'll just have to switch over to EFM. Thanks a lot for this mod!

Hey,

I would like to ask if anyone could help me or at least point me into right direction.

So I would like to give Pandorable NPC replacers High Poly Head , I can convert Low Poly heads to this High Poly one and fix anomalies that occur after conforming without  problems , merge new HP head with old nif, no problem all is fine, if I use any converted face on player character there are no issues everything works since tris and head nif are render as they should in realtime, I have converted Bijin mods, some followers without issues and have them working in game  with absolutely no problems because I can define correct paths tris and nif in SSE-Edit since they have the head in face parts section but Pandorables have only hair and hairline in that section and nothing else so I cant define the tris and nif anyhow which results in mesh stretching ingame, also tried after converting low poly head and changed the default head they use in CK to use this one but same issue remains afterwards .

How could I add the head face part to those NPCs so I can define the tri paths afterwards and have them working ingame?

Hey, it's absolutely wonderful what people can now do due to you're amazing mod! I have one problem though, my game crashes if I put the FaceSlider to the "last slide"  of some sort. Thank you in advance for any kind of respond^^ I can also provide my load order etc in dm I guess (I'm new to this website).

Edited by LeFront

Hi , i made a preset character with CoTR(Charms of The Reach) , a mod that uses custom races with custom high poly heads not based on vanilla heads  , i want to switch to High Poly Head 1.4 but i dont want to lose my preset character looks , is there a way to export it to High Poly Head 1.4 and apply it to one's of vanilla default head but High Poly ?