Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

KouLeifoh

Download — High Poly Head

Admin

This is a big deal. Thank you a bunch, KouLeifoh!

Two questions, though:

• There are mods like less/no sunken cheeks, cosmetic vampire overhaul etc. that make vampire faces less sunken. Any idea on how to achieve the same result with this high poly mesh to preserve character's original look while being a vampire?
  • I experience severe FPS drops (down to 1 FPS) while in sculpt tab with high poly head part editing active. As soon as I turn editing that particular head part off, or edit another head part, FPS count restores to normal. Do you experience something like this? I'm on SE, Core i9 9900K with Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB GPU.

Thank you again for this. This is the next big thing after high poly body mesh, which absolutely rocks.

Author
Author of the topic Posted

The sunken vampire faces can be removed by clearing the VampireMorph morph from all the head parts (chargen.tri) using Outfit Studio.  It's a tedious task considering there are also 45 beards to modify.  I can add that as an option for those who prefer it in the next update.

I tested the high poly head in the sculpt tab and got a constant 60 fps.  All 3 high poly parts (head, brows, beard) were enabled for editing.  To try and get the fps to drop, I loaded one of the high poly hair meshes I have (28k vertices) and enabled it for editing.  This dropped the fps down to 20.  All tests were done at 4k (without ENB) on the latest versions of SE (1.5.97) and RaceMenu (0.4.12) running on an i7-7700K with GTX 1070 8GB GPU.  It might just come down to GPU and how Expired programmed the sculpt rendering.

Admin

Thanks for the reply!

I see. I'll try and clear the VampireMorph myself in the meantime,  then. I've noticed further incompatibilities with Better Vampire's Mortal's Mask when applying high poly face part to an existing vampire character, so I guess I'd better off trying it in a new playthrough, or at least after curing the PC.

I've been running latest Skyrim SE with the same RaceMenu version in 5K with no ENB and in FullHD with ENB on, made no difference so far: FPS still drops to the point it's impossible to edit high poly head part in sculpt mode. I guess you're right and it's Radeon-specific issue, but it would be great if anyone else could confirm that.

Hi KouLeifoh!  Thanks so much for creating these - they are fantastic!  I was wondering if anyone knows how to get these awesome heads to work with Custom Races and the additional RaceMenu sliders? 

I previously had the Citrus Head working (female) with Custom Races by copying the femalehead.nif, femalehead,tri, femaleheadChargen.tri, and femaleHeadRaces.tri files from Citrus Head into the meshes/CustomRaces/CustomBreton folder overwriting the original low poly files.  I also enabled the .esp from Citrus Head.  Everything worked correctly with the additional RaceMenu Sliders.

I tried to do the same thing with High Poly Heads overwriting the Custom Races meshes/High Poly Head.esm enabled.  The meshes do show up in game properly, but all of the additional RaceMenu sliders are gone.  This also means that the Face Part slider is missing so I cannot choose a head mesh.  This happens for both male and female custom races starting a new game from scratch.  I've tried changing sex and race multiple times as well as restarting the game several times.  When I select a vanilla race, the additional RaceMenu sliders are loaded correctly.

I've also tried making High Poly Heads.esm a master file to Custom Races and then changing the Head Part in the Custom Breton Race Female Head Data to 01CustomFemaleHeadBreton "01CustomFemaleHeadBreton" [HDPT:26005718].  Also, nothing is overwriting any of the files in the High Poly Head folder according to Mod Organizer.

Author

@th3unkn0wn You're making it more complicated than it needs to be.  All you need to do is add High Poly Head.esm as a master to CustomRaces.esp and then change the head part for the custom race record to the equivalent high poly head part from my mod (eg. 00KLH_FemaleHeadBreton "FemaleHeadBreton" [HDPT:XX000A08]). No other changes or files to copy needed. 

As for the RaceMenu sliders, you may need a custom races.ini (\meshes\actors\character\facegenmorphs\CustomRaces.esp\races.ini) to assign sliders to custom races if the RaceMenu sliders aren't available in-game.  Since you mentioned that the extra RaceMenu sliders already work for the Citrus head, you may already have a custom races.ini for it.

I figured it out.  There needs to be a "replacements.ini" file placed in the same location as the morphs.ini file (meshes\actors\character\facegenmorphs\high poly head.esm).  I forgot that I had to do this a few years ago with the citrus head.  I changed the following entries in the replacements.ini file:

[Female]
NordRace             = 00KLH_FemaleHeadNord
NordRaceVampire      = 00KLH_FemaleHeadNordVampire

ImperialRace         = 00KLH_FemaleHeadImperial
ImperialRaceVampire  = 00KLH_FemaleHeadImperial

BretonRace           = 00KLH_FemaleHeadBreton
BretonRaceVampire    = 00KLH_FemaleHeadBretonVampire

[Male]
NordRace             = 00KLH_MaleHeadNord
NordRaceVampire      = 00KLH_MaleHeadNordVampire

ImperialRace         = 00KLH_MaleHeadImperial
ImperialRaceVampire  = 00KLH_MaleHeadImperial

BretonRace           = 00KLH_MaleHeadBreton
BretonRaceVampire    = 00KLH_MaleHeadBreton

Thanks for answering back so quickly KouLeifoh!  I'm really loving the work you've done!

Edited by th3unkn0wn
Thank the author for help/new info

This looks wonderful, thank you for sharing.  I just tried out the female head and it looks great except for one problem.  I use "Unique Character" (mod) that allows me to use a unique set of meshes and textures for my character without making them a custom race.  When I switch to the face part for the high poly head, the brows mesh does not switch.  It's still using the low poly femalebrows.nif and there is awful clipping.  The Unique Character plugin does not specify the brows face part, so I'm not sure what's preventing your high poly brows mesh from being used. 

Do I need to add "High Poly Head.esm" as a master to the Unique Character plugin and change the head part record to refer to the high poly head?  If so, won't that prevent me from using the old brows with the old head mesh?  I'm hoping there's a way to have Racemenu switch to the high poly brows along with the high poly head by way of the face part slider.  Any ideas?

Author

The Face Part slider only changes the head mesh.  You'll need to manually change the brows to its high poly version using the Brows slider.  It changes both brow mesh and texture.

Thank you for the quick response.  I understand now.  I found the brows associated with this mod (they were at the beginning of the list of available brows rather than at the end because this is an esm and not an esp like most mods that add new brows.  Thanks again, it works great!

@KouLeifoh Hi there! I'm new to this site, but I really love this mod, and I was wanting to switch from the Enhanced Head Meshes (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94545) when I noticed something. The Enhanced Head Mesh basically just has an edited UV map to correct some issues with the vanilla mapping, but it looks like the High Poly Head has the same issues as vanilla (check out the attached image, it's most obvious around the eyelid) Is that something you could take a look at and possibly fix?

Thanks for making this great mod in any case!

UV-Mesh-Problem.jpg

22 hours ago, pizzacathero said:

@KouLeifoh Hi there! I'm new to this site, but I really love this mod, and I was wanting to switch from the Enhanced Head Meshes (https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/94545) when I noticed something. The Enhanced Head Mesh basically just has an edited UV map to correct some issues with the vanilla mapping, but it looks like the High Poly Head has the same issues as vanilla (check out the attached image, it's most obvious around the eyelid) Is that something you could take a look at and possibly fix?

Thanks for making this great mod in any case!

UV-Mesh-Problem.jpg

I looked at it closely and it appears that KouLeifoh made the High Poly head compatible with default/vanilla Skyrim femalehead textures, which have this deformity.  I suspect this is to maximize compatibility with existing texture mods (and those from the base game).  The 'Enhanced Head Meshes' mod you mentioned makes the eye area of the head mesh more symmetrical, much as the ECE head mesh does.  You appear to be using Fair Skin Complexion(https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602) textures.  If you look at that mod's requirements on the description page, you'll see this:

The face textures are most compatible with the symmetrical head mesh contained in the ECE.
With other meshes, the left eye area may look slightly distorted.

If you use those textures with a headmesh that is compatible with the default/vanilla UV, you'll have this issue.  If you use a texture that is fully compatible with the default headmesh UV (e.g. Mature Skin) you won't have this issue.

Hello, when I try to use my RaceMenu Presets with your mesh, they get all ugly and weird, also, I can't edit eye height as it get all buggy (eyes stay in the same place as the place in the eye changes, very creepy xD)

Is there something I've done wrong when installing the mode? I've just installed normally via Mod Organizer 2, no mods are overwritting it.

Hi

Possible the most sort after SSE mod and its not on nexus?

Thanks so much for this Ive been waiting so long for a working covert of high poly heads for sse

Kind Regards

ZMD

Author

I took a break from modding for a month and came back to a bunch of repeated questions.  It'll take me awhile to go through all of them. ?

To clarify a few things:

• This mod only includes head meshes/morphs.  No eye meshes/morphs are included.  If you use an eye mesh fix that changes vertices/UV, this will break the eye morphs included with RaceMenu.
  • The high poly heads are based on the vanilla meshes for compatibility reasons.  This includes flaws in the UV mapping.  The only fixes I made were skin shader adjustment (male head) and UV edge adjustment in the back of the head (female head).  For those that want the UV eye socket adjustment fix for the female head, I can add it as an optional addon in a future update.  This will also require generating new FaceGen data for affected NPC's.
  • RaceMenu presets with sculpt data for the vanilla head are not compatible.  Importing them will likely result in a deformed head shape.

Author
1 hour ago, KouLeifoh said:

I took a break from modding for a month and came back to a bunch of repeated questions.  It'll take me awhile to go through all of them. ?

To clarify a few things:

• This mod only includes head meshes/morphs.  No eye meshes/morphs are included.  If you use an eye mesh fix that changes vertices/UV, this will break the eye morphs included with RaceMenu.
  • The high poly heads are based on the vanilla meshes for compatibility reasons.  This includes flaws in the UV mapping.  The only fixes I made were skin shader adjustment (male head) and UV edge adjustment in the back of the head (female head).  For those that want the UV eye socket adjustment fix for the female head, I can add it as an optional addon in a future update.  This will also require generating new FaceGen data for affected NPC's.
  • RaceMenu presets with sculpt data for the vanilla head are not compatible.  Importing them will likely result in a deformed head shape.

Lucky for males, sculpt data work very good. Yes i see some deformed but maybe 10 percent. Not a problem at all. Females maybe more screwed about sculpt data. My serana broken quite bad. Her lips from Liv Taylor become Tina Turner. But for me, females just extra bonus.

Actually i'm surprised you provided females head too. Hahaha. I hope your mood still good for new Male Khajiit XD XD XD.

On 1/2/2020 at 2:25 PM, Maeldun said:

I looked at it closely and it appears that KouLeifoh made the High Poly head compatible with default/vanilla Skyrim femalehead textures, which have this deformity.  I suspect this is to maximize compatibility with existing texture mods (and those from the base game).  The 'Enhanced Head Meshes' mod you mentioned makes the eye area of the head mesh more symmetrical, much as the ECE head mesh does.  You appear to be using Fair Skin Complexion(https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/51602) textures.  If you look at that mod's requirements on the description page, you'll see this:

The face textures are most compatible with the symmetrical head mesh contained in the ECE.
With other meshes, the left eye area may look slightly distorted.

If you use those textures with a headmesh that is compatible with the default/vanilla UV, you'll have this issue.  If you use a texture that is fully compatible with the default headmesh UV (e.g. Mature Skin) you won't have this issue.

Same problem. I tried even just using the vanilla head mesh, still not working. Is there a fix for this?

Author
On 2/4/2020 at 10:50 PM, Don said:

I hope your mood still good for new Male Khajiit XD XD XD.

The male Khajiit head mesh has a mane that just floats around the neck along with overlapping UV mapping.  Design-wise, I still need to figure out how to fix it without breaking existing textures.

On 2/4/2020 at 8:59 PM, KouLeifoh said:

To clarify a few things:

Is the eyelid issue fixable without the proper UVs? Im not sure what the problem is but low poly face doesnt have the eyelid problem but as soon as i move to high poly the eyelids become asymmetrical.

14 hours ago, Antroxx41 said:

Is the eyelid issue fixable without the proper UVs? Im not sure what the problem is but low poly face doesnt have the eyelid problem but as soon as i move to high poly the eyelids become asymmetrical.

The default head mesh has the same issue.  If you're using a "low poly face" that has symmetrical eye UVs then you're using a mod.  You can either use a texture that is made for the default head mesh UVs (asymmetrical eye sockets), edit the UV for the high poly head left eye yourself or wait for KouLeifoh to release an update with symmetrical eye socket UVs (which he said he may add in a future update).

On 2/4/2020 at 9:59 PM, KouLeifoh said:

An optional addon for a more symmetrical UV map would be perfect, thank you for the update!