Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dikota

Skyrim crashes on never ending loading screen

After installing all the needed plug ins and using NMM 0.63.9 to install and make SAM active

Skyrim when hitting load, new, or even continue the loading screen stays there... for good... and since I was using steam I tried to Shift+Tab and Start out of the game and nothing happens. I have to hit Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the game window which made the whole desktop freeze into a black screen with a Skyrim window boarder and Windows menu stuck on the toggled on. Which means at this point have to Restart the whole computer with holding down the power button for 10 secs for a hard reset.

not normal lol

On my NMM I did notice Race Menu was saying it was "expired" when it was the brand new update? So I re-looked over this;

3.3.0 seems to be stable [maybe] I had 3.4 on so that might of been the case?

I also have NO idea what the photo of the Mod Organizer with SKSE at the top is. I don't have that and no idea where to get it. The only thing I have close that is on my desktop and that only starts the game all over again. All I have is NMM so I guess that will do for now?..

As of right now this is just a post of where I am at right now while I toy with everything and figure out what's going on.

SKSE is not a mod, but the framework on which many complex mods are built on, so it will never show in any mod organizer. I would recommend installing it manually, in fact. The Readme file in the archive will tell you where to place the files.

Odd that you say that it happens when starting a New game. I never have had that happen to me; it is after playing for a while that the "Load" or "Continue" options get stuck in that infinite load screen. I always bypass them, even if it takes a bit longer. When the game starts, press the ` key to get to the console, and from there type coc riverwood. After a few seconds a generic game will start, a short distance from the Riverwood village. From there, press ESC to get to the menu where you can load the game you wish to continue. I find that my modded Skyrim is more stable that way, though it will still crash once in a while.

Author

I have a few things that might work for you, a quick work around is opening the console with ~ and typing coc riverwood to start a test character, from here you should be able to load your saves. SAM has had this issue with the ILS when starting from the menu for a pretty long time (even back when it was on HoT), takes getting used too but has worked fine for me. If you have old saves, back them up first. 

I got 3.4.5 to work and so far its been fine, fair few bugs cause of my mod load (its getting way too high, have to clean instal some day) but I've figured out work arounds

If you do get it to work, biggest recomendation is save often and back up you OG files.

EDIT: Carnotaurus beat me to it but yeah :) 

Author of the topic Posted
4 hours ago, Carnotaurus said:

SKSE is not a mod, but the framework on which many complex mods are built on, so it will never show in any mod organizer. I would recommend installing it manually, in fact. The Readme file in the archive will tell you where to place the files.

Odd that you say that it happens when starting a New game. I never have had that happen to me; it is after playing for a while that the "Load" or "Continue" options get stuck in that infinite load screen. I always bypass them, even if it takes a bit longer. When the game starts, press the ` key to get to the console, and from there type coc riverwood. After a few seconds a generic game will start, a short distance from the Riverwood village. From there, press ESC to get to the menu where you can load the game you wish to continue. I find that my modded Skyrim is more stable that way, though it will still crash once in a while.

Alright that is something worth a try later :)

Update: I removed most of my mod files from the game and replaced them in manually [everything but skse] and I seem to have the body now... question is... how to change it lawl!

I got to here :

however none of the commands work... time to fondle with the files again <_>

Alright soooo here's what I got. I have the mod kind of working... none of the sliders work so I can't. my orc's dick is purple aaaaand his thongs wont come off. Along with if I go into the magic menu the game again instantly crashes.

I had to turn off RaceMenu.esp and SAM - Dawnguard Patch.esp in order to get past the Menu Screen and load into a game.

photo_2016-12-13_00-20-22.jpg

photo_2016-12-13_00-20-16.jpg

fudgfdgnjdfhn.jpg

Ok, there's something strange here:

1. Why are Skyrim.esm and Update.esm disabled?
  2. How can you load RacemenuPlugin without RaceMenu?

As I see you don't have Dawnguard, disabling the Dawnguard Patch is correct, but the rest makes little sense.

As for the purple texture, it means it's missing, and I see in the Mod tab screen that the textures are there but greyed out, does it mean they're not installed? 

10 minutes ago, Felio said:

Ok, there's something strange here:

1. Why are Skyrim.esm and Update.esm disabled?
  2. How can you load RacemenuPlugin without RaceMenu?

As I see you don't have Dawnguard, disabling the Dawnguard Patch is correct, but the rest makes little sense.

As for the purple texture, it means it's missing, and I see in the Mod tab screen that the textures are there but greyed out, does it mean they're not installed? 

I know I can't figure this out at all... I cant even click on those two top ones you just pointed out and RaceMenu wont work due to being "Expired" on all versions I have tried.

I had to reinstall the other mods, they we're giving me more issues so I tured them off till I got one thing at a time working.

9 minutes ago, Felio said:

Yes, but why is the Skyrim esm disabled? The game won't work without it... :|

I'm not kidding you its launches  O.o but after tinkering with it and restarting the computer it shows back up now

Author

If you play a pirated version. I can throw you a torrent. Or at least set SAM and all his demands, and throw you to the archive. Suddenly something from this (and maybe both versions at the same time) will help you.

P.s.
I had almost the same problem when I reinstalled windows. But after another reinstall and transition to 64-bit version. All it passed.

7 hours ago, Dikota said:

I know I can't figure this out at all... I cant even click on those two top ones you just pointed out and RaceMenu wont work due to being "Expired" on all versions I have tried.

I had to reinstall the other mods, they we're giving me more issues so I tured them off till I got one thing at a time working.

LOL, Expired is the author of racemenu! It doesn't mean that the mod has gone bad.

Sorry, I got a good laugh out of that one xD

8 hours ago, Khlas said:

Seems to be a pirated version of skyrim.

pppffff right - and it so happened to cost me 20 bucks on a steam sale like 2 years ago? man I want my money back now! This Pirated version of Skyrim sucks! I should sue Valve for sure!

*yay sarcasm*

Author
1 hour ago, Dikota said:

pppffff right - and it so happened to cost me 20 bucks on a steam sale like 2 years ago? man I want my money back now! This Pirated version of Skyrim sucks! I should sue Valve for sure!

*yay sarcasm*

"Seems" is not is. The deactivated .esm is usually something from pirated copy/crack dll. If you have a legit copy I don't know why you have this, maybe a mod that changed .dll files or the core file itself. I recommend a reinstall tho.

2 minutes ago, Khlas said:

"Seems" is not is. The deactivated .esm is usually something from pirated copy/crack dll. If you have a legit copy I don't know why you have this, maybe a mod that changed .dll files or the core file itself. I recommend a reinstall tho.

I have reinstalled about 3 times already. deleted and re-downloaded mods.

Maked a video for a closer look soon to be posted.

11 hours ago, Render said:

If you play a pirated version. I can throw you a torrent. Or at least set SAM and all his demands, and throw you to the archive. Suddenly something from this (and maybe both versions at the same time) will help you.

P.s.
I had almost the same problem when I reinstalled windows. But after another reinstall and transition to 64-bit version. All it passed.

Don't have pirated, I play on steam and all that.

Author

You do not have dawnguard DLC. Perhaps because of this, you have such a problem? In general, I advise all to install manually. I had a LOT of problems with the installation through a nexus.
And you have all the latest versions of mods?

3 minutes ago, Render said:

You do not have dawnguard DLC. Perhaps because of this, you have such a problem? In general, I advise all to install manually. I had a LOT of problems with the installation through a nexus.
And you have all the latest versions of mods?

yup all updated versions of the mods along with NMM.

I'll get the DLC some other time when I have the cash for it.

Author

Never seen SKSE as a mod, I installed it via the website as it not really a mod more a framework

http://skse.silverlock.org/

Might be something to do with it, the game launches from Skyrim Skse launcher for me rather then steam

I've never had any problems with NMM but I have heard others have so cant help you there unfortunately

Also not sure about the files too cause i got mine back from HoT a while ago. Sorry I cant be more helpful.

Untitled-1.png

you can make skse a mod containing the scripts and ini, place the rest manually in skyrim directory, this allows different profiles with different settings if need be.  And... I highly recommend mod-organizer, its a lot better than the nexus mod manager by far. :)