Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vectorplexus.com is at https://vectorplexis.com until further notice. ×
  • Create an account

Want more? Register now and get full access to our community!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vexhar

Can't Download files

Author of the topic Posted
8 minutes ago, Ulfberth said:

are you using a download manager or something? try downloading with the browser instead.

I'm downloading directly from the browser :/

Author of the topic Posted

I tried two download managers, but the way this site is made does not allow them to download or find the file (or the link to it)

Any recommendations of a download manager that works here?

Nope, it's regular to more than 100 MB, even when using Browser now.

Trying to get the V1.2 of High Poly Heads (123MB) since more than two weeks, tried several times, downloaded GBs of useless stuff just to get that message every time.

Even tried the Oldrim file to test if it's only the SE version that is corrupted. Same result

Everything else (nexus, github, steam...) works just fine, but not the Plexus. :(

Same problem here.

The download links are (probably deliberately to discourage direkt linking etc.) made in a way that download managers can not use them. 

Browser download fails ALWAYS, which would not be a problem if RESUME would work correctly, but that seems to be prohibited as well, so download starts over every time... and fails again. 

Also trying to get the high poly head, which is around 14x MB, and it still eludes me after a week or so. Tried different times, different browsers, VPN, no VPN... etc. 

BTW  not exactly a n00b here, I am shoveling Gigabytes of stuff every week, and this is the first and only site where I have this problem. 

Maybe the download mechanism could be adjusted so that at least resume works.

Thanks!

Admin

I’ve downgraded the protocol to HTTP/1.1 as a workaround for reported size mismatch for streamed files. Please try and see if that fixes the “network error” issue.

I’m rather hesitant to make such a downgrade, but seeing all those reports made me questioning the benefits of HTTP/2 for vectorplexus.com. That being said, a huge part of vectorplexus.com, primarily media, is still served as HTTP/2, so we’re yet to see the long-term implications. 

On 8/30/2020 at 9:59 AM, sh1ny said:

I’ve downgraded the protocol to HTTP/1.1 as a workaround for reported size mismatch for streamed files. Please try and see if that fixes the “network error” issue.

Thanks! Not at my gaming comp today, but will give it a try tomorrow and report back!

Well.... 

I have good news and bad news.... LOL

Good: the network error issue is indeed gone. 

Bad: now instead of stopping with said error message the download just quietly resets itself to zero and starts over, still resulting in a never-ending download... 😉

So that size reporting / resume function is still somewhat off. 

BTW while there is no clear pattern visible (sometimes resets after a minute, sometimes after 5 or 10), I think people with fast Internet will rarely encounter this problem as it shows up only after some time (where some Gigabit fibre would have finished such a small download looooong ago)
The vast majority of people worldwide however is still stuck with DSL connections or worse (2 MBit Wifi in my case, ROFL, Paraguay is a bit 'slow') and we want less blocky heads in our Skyrims as well... 😉

Clarification: strangely enough, manually hitting the pause button and resuming the download works, it continues with the correct size. But then it gets confused again at the next little network hiccups or whatever and decides that it should start over...

Admin

@Hirlok the HermitThank you for the extended feedback, it is very much appreciated.

As for the High Poly Head by KouLeifoh, in your case I suggest you to use the uppermost Google Drive link (opens after hitting the "Download this file" button"):

Download this file

Снимок экрана 2020-09-02 в 15.48.59.png

Regarding the persisting issue with bulk file downloads, it proved itself to be rather tricky to fix without exposing a direct URL publicly or spending a fortune on a CDN service.

I'll continue to investigate our options, but in the meantime, please be sure to download the mod using the GDrive link.

I wanted to ask if there was a possible solution for the issue yet, because I am experiencing the same problem, however the mods I am trying to download (SAM High Poly Conversion) does not come with GDrive mirrors, so I am still unable to download anything (SAM Light itself took me 7 tries to successfully download...)

If there is no solution to this, I might just have to give up and go back to SOS for the time being, and wait until sometime in the future to switch to SAM.

Yea unfortunately im still getting the "failed - network error" message as well.  I have tried alot of download managers including that one that worked for me in the past but it doesn't work.  I also tried different browsers.  Same error.  There were a few downloads that i was able to successfully download but it took me at least 5 tries tho.

Here's the link to the file i was trying for the last week or so to download

Having this same problem, been trying to download the SAM high poly conversion for the last day or so and it keeps failing, then goes to download the entire file again on top of the failed download when i click retry. Tried multiple browsers and its the same issue.

Sorry to necro, but same here. In my case, big files work, but not HUGE files. I'm trying to download "Pride of Skyrim - AIO Male NPC Overhaul High Poly Head 1.0.0". The listing says its 5.87gb (I assume that's unpacked). My browsers, when downloading, all say about 1.9gb. All browsers fail, and there's no GDrive link.